MS Bf-110 build & plans

Whit Armstrong

Elite member
Just follow a few basic tutorials on youtube then try it yourself. You can also ask people on the forums for help

The best strategy for me is to make a model in your head, and then try to replicate it in cad. I watch a lot of the ms build videos so i can get a understanding of how things fit together and work. If you know the result you want to get to, it's surprisingly easier to model.

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
The best strategy for me is to make a model in your head, and then try to replicate it in cad. I watch a lot of the ms build videos so i can get a understanding of how things fit together and work. If you know the result you want to get to, it's surprisingly easier to model.
hey please please please update ur guide for fusion 360

jahatton

@Whit Armstrong i am dissapointed... i want to start designing my plane in fusion 360........ that is all i need to say.... HOW TO USE CAD
Sounds familiar! CoVid got me building for most of the flying year so I got hooked on building. We literally have planes in every corner of the house and have no clue where the next one will be parked. I had the idea that I could recycle the electronics by flying and crashing but that isn't the case. Too much work goes into the end product and I feel like Kermit Weeks with no excuse about what to fly on the weekends lol.

Michael G

Planning on building one this month.
I haven't had a chance yet to go the office Depot to get the plans printed out yet.
Outside the list of motors,esc's & servos... What size spinners would work for this

CrshNBrn

Elite member
Here's mine with 2" spinners. A little small but with some air room for cooling the motors. Still going strong after many, many flights- Whit's plans are solid. I would recommend adding an additional BBQ skewer in the center of the horizontal stabilizer (in addition to the leading edge reinforcements) to keep it from bending in flight. Have fun with the build- it looks GREAT up in the air.

Attachments

• 20220110_133246.jpg
    20220110_133246.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0

JakeTheSloth

Hey hey people, can anyone tell me where's the CG supposed to be? I'm gonna eyeball it for now because I want to maiden it, but it'd be nice to know where precisely should it be ;)

CrshNBrn

Elite member
Good question- I've never really measured exactly. I use a 3000 4S battery with an additional 3oz of weight in the nose and it seems pretty close to the CG, which I assume is close to the front chord of the wing. Seems to fly just fine there.

JakeTheSloth

It's OK guys, I've checked online and found out that dynam's Bf-110 which has 150cm WS has CG 80 - 85mm from the leading edge at the wing root. My bf's wingspan is 110cm (I made it smaller to fit 1804 motors with 5' props) so I divided 110 by 150 and multiplied the result by 80, which gave me rougly 60mm. Luckily I made it before dusk and with CG set she flew like a dream, but it appears that the throw on elevator is through the roof because she turns in place, literally. The other problem came with downsizing - I can barely fit Rx inside the fuse box :LOL: I'll just run her on smaller rx I guess. That's how she looks now, all made with 3mm depron and 5mm floor underlay. Weighs roughly 300g without battery, for a 1m+ WS plane it's feather weight :) It may not look like much, so here's a pic of Fw-190 I made lately to show how I hope she's going to look like. I'll post here again once I'm done.
Good design Whit, chapeau bas!

Attachments

• 289863796_414692050569602_5320116399690668924_n.jpg
    289863796_414692050569602_5320116399690668924_n.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20220518_194956656_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220518_194956656_HDR.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 0