Multi Rotor flipping over in manual mode

Khaptin

I recently fixed my flame wheel 550 and decided to go back to start and try to do thing right, like learning to fly in manual mode and just practice hovering.

So here's what I'm running into, in GPS mode I can't the thing off of the ground pretty easy, but I do have a little bit of drift when hovering in GPS mode. But when I switch into manual mode, and give it throttle to lift off, it just flips over. I double checked that I had the right configuration on my motors in the Naza setup utility, and that they were all spinning the proper direction.

Could this be a prop balance issue? or an engine issue? I just replaced one engine on the right side of my hexacopter, and it seems to always flip to the left.

Thanks!

EDIT:
seems like it will tip forward and backwards, too. I think it may depend on weather my craft is a little off level when I try to go airborne.

Last edited:

jipp

Hi, probably a silly question to ask.. but i figure ill be that guy. did you replace the motor with the same type?

also since you installed a new motor, you would of had to set up the FC again id imagine..

so, im just going through what i wold first do..

Make sure the motor i replaced as at least close to the same specs. ( id also make sure if i solderd it on, i solder it to turn the correct direction, knowing me id solder it on back words.. but since you can hover in robot mode i doubt this is the problem or props on backwards )
then id go through setting up the FC for the quad again.
then id check my props make sue they are on correct..

good luck, ill let others with more experience offer there thoughts.
chris.

Khaptin

Yeah, I replaced it with the same motor. I checked rotation directions, all seems to be fine. I opened my Naza assistant software and couldn't find anywhere to tune each engine or ESC...

jipp

Yeah, I replaced it with the same motor. I checked rotation directions, all seems to be fine. I opened my Naza assistant software and couldn't find anywhere to tune each engine or ESC...

does the Naza have a setup wizard, i would go through the whole process again.. ESC/motors. i unfortunately have no experience with naz or clean flight/base flight yet. So i can not offer any kind of help im afraid.. however,
at least we know its the same motor that will help others diagnose your problem i think.

good luck man.

chris.