msavsani

Hi....
i have just got into Multi-Rotor and i have some problems taking off...
when i try to take off the multi-rotor just flips on random sides and its hard for me to control that and i just cant take off...

i am using the KK 2.0 multi controller board and and HK X230 Mini Quadcopter...

i don't know if i am lacking in programing abilities or it just multi-rotor's fault

i did all the adjustments in the board by watching the videos from youtube but its not helping

the only way i can get it to take off is to put it in auto-leveling mode and then fly it.....but without that i cant get it to take off... it just tips on one side or the other.....

Cyberdactyl

Misfit Multirotor Monkey
It's hard to say with so little information.

However you say it WILL fly in autolevel. That tells me you have the KK2 close to right. You probably have the props on right. Meaning, they could be flipped over, but rotating correct with the leading edge going the correct direction.

My wild guess would be a question. What have you done to the ESCs up to this point?

msavsani

nothing.....

i got this quad as a kit soo... i have just installed them into the quad.....i tried to program them through my transmitter but i didn't know what settings i have to put it into to make it fly right..... soo i did my best to program them...

i also recalibrated them couple of times to see the difference but it didn't change anything..
It's hard to say with so little information.

However you say it WILL fly in autolevel. That tells me you have the KK2 close to right. You probably have the props on right. Meaning, they could be flipped over, but rotating correct with the leading edge going the correct direction.

My wild guess would be a question. What have you done to the ESCs up to this point?

msavsani

i did that couple of times but i dont think anything changed....

when i throttle up to point where the motor is bearly running, i can hear the motor speeding up when i am not even touching the throttle stick....

Do you that could be the ESC's problem? or Am i just hearing stuff that aren't even happing?

jdjuggler

If there is a way you can safely run the quad in auto level mode, spin up the motors (with it secured) and then turn off auto level to see what happens to the motor speeds and tilt of the quad. Personally, I would do this in my hand to find out which way it's going with auto level off. Perhaps you can make some adjustments once you find out what it's doing.
Also, pics are always helpful...
JD

msavsani

i did that too....

i cant figure out which way it is tilting because it is always random on which side it tilts..

i saw many guys on youtube and they just take off without even touching the right stick.... i dont know how they do that... may be its just that they are skilled in flying and i am just a beginner..
If there is a way you can safely run the quad in auto level mode, spin up the motors (with it secured) and then turn off auto level to see what happens to the motor speeds and tilt of the quad. Personally, I would do this in my hand to find out which way it's going with auto level off. Perhaps you can make some adjustments once you find out what it's doing.
Also, pics are always helpful...
JD

msavsani

i have encountered a new problem while i was flying today.....

the first flight was very good, so i put on a camera to get a the flight's footage....
after i did that, the quad flew good for couple second and then randomly it started to spiral down and it kinda crashed....

then i flew it again... the same thing happened

and i was flying the whole time in Auto-Leveling mode....
i don't know any of the settings so i don't know what to change in the KK 2.0 board to fix this problem..

Cyberdactyl

Misfit Multirotor Monkey
Take a clear picture of it and tell us your KK2 settings. That's about the only way we have a chance of giving any advice above blind guesses.

msavsani

https://plus.google.com/photos/102368484558935732533/albums/5901638867738295073?authkey=CPi7i9ODsoPkzwE

this are all of mine settings in the kk 2.0

for some reason i cant upload the photos directly in here so i shared the Google+ like for the photos...

And i think i have figured out the answer to the spiral problem that i had earlier.... i think it was the frequency interfering with my radio... there were some houses next to where i was flying and they might be using 2.4 Ghz for there internet or something....

Cyberdactyl

Misfit Multirotor Monkey
What transmitter do you have? Unless you're really close, like under 50 feet, a 2.4ghz router or phone shouldn't be an major issue with most "newer" transmitters.

Also, you have any pics of the quad itself?

One wild guess. . . in Mode Settings, do you have your "Link Roll Pitch" set to YES?

msavsani

i think i was that close to the houses.... like 50 feet...

i have to turnigy 9x, the first one from HK....

these are some photos of quad.... https://plus.google.com/photos/1023...ms/5902043068508456641?authkey=CO3DociFzr7SGA

What transmitter do you have? Unless you're really close, like under 50 feet, a 2.4ghz router or phone shouldn't be an major issue with most "newer" transmitters.

Also, you have any pics of the quad itself?

One wild guess. . . in Mode Settings, do you have your "Link Roll Pitch" set to YES?

msavsani

i was flying today and i noticed that when i take off the quad and start flying it, the quad sometimes it banks to right and to left and back and forward all by itself..

i dont know what the problem is... HELP..