Multi Wii Controller Set Spektrum DX8

voipmonkey

Hi Guys
I need to bow down to the wealth of knowledge on here an ask for advice :)

I am having a few issues setting up my multi wii controller I made for my Quad.

I am following the guide on this site. http://www.multiwiicopter.com/pages/multiwiicopter-wiki

and i cant seem to get my readings to be stable. I am new to the dx8 and am wondering if i am doing something wrong.

I have setup the travel to 105% as stated and then using the sub trim menu setup each middle ground. this is ok 1 or 2 points off. i then try and go back to the max and min trying to set 1095 and 1905 but this then blows out the middle setting. What ever i try it seems to not be very stable.

I do have the nunchuck on this also and wondered if i should remove it and see if this helps? at a bit of a loss as you all can tell.

can anyone advise me on the best way forward.

MultiWiiConfig2.0.png

thanks
Mark

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
Most of us are very into KK Boards because they are much simpler to use then Multi Wii. Most of us don´t know much about it.
I will hopefully mount a Multi Wii Board with barometer and GPS in half a years time.

voipmonkey

I used a DX7 with multiwii and I have no issues regarding this

//UndCon

Do you have any info you can share on settings etc. where to start. What i am doing wrong? not sure if its the NK that is causing me the issues or not or even my transmitter.
Any help would be great.
Mark

UndCon

UndCon
Start with a clean model in memory - use airplane model

4channels (THRO, AILE, ELEV, RUDD) and optionally 5th and 6th channel for changing flightmodes or turning sensors on/off

I use the 3 position lever (Flaps) for modes – very convenient. (make settings in GUI)
All channels used must be set to 125% travel (in order to get full PPM)
Then I have a 2way lever for lights.

I have no trims in radio – you apply trims in software by moving sticks. (see multiwii stick guide for mode1 or mode2 radio)

When I get home I can check the radio and take a printscreen from GUI

//UndCon

voipmonkey

Start with a clean model in memory - use airplane model

4channels (THRO, AILE, ELEV, RUDD) and optionally 5th and 6th channel for changing flightmodes or turning sensors on/off

I use the 3 position lever (Flaps) for modes – very convenient. (make settings in GUI)
All channels used must be set to 125% travel (in order to get full PPM)
Then I have a 2way lever for lights.

I have no trims in radio – you apply trims in software by moving sticks. (see multiwii stick guide for mode1 or mode2 radio)

When I get home I can check the radio and take a printscreen from GUI

//UndCon

Thanks man this would be great. You have hit on one thing straight away I only set travel to 105 as stated in some doc I found so 125 would make sense.

how do you achieve the 1095 / 1500 / 1905 values on a Spectrum Radio? as it seems what ever i try it sets the values off?
I guess doing from GUI might help me so screenshot would be great
thanks again
mark

voipmonkey

Undcon
Any chance you can post a screen shot fo the settings on your and what you changed to trim what?
would be great thanks
Mark

UndCon

UndCon
Hello!
I looked at my radio programming yesterday and it is totally clean except 125% travel on each channel.
I reversed a few channels to get the correct movements
(move stick up or right = increases values in gui)

Always calibrate on a level surface (I glued a Button spirit level to the frame.
Wait until it's done when you power it up.(check LED)

If you are drifting at any direction you need some trim, land turn off motors and apply accordingly

I never cared much about being 100% accurate dead center - I have to connect to verify my center values

download stick configuration PDF for current software

Thats it.

voipmonkey

thanks UndCon
i will give it a go. One small thing how do you download the files from the goggle code repo. Every time i try it says file is corrupt? any ideas.
mark

UndCon

UndCon
Do you mean the stick guide? yes I DL them from there - but I can upload it to my page if it helps

//UndCon

UndCon

UndCon
OK - here is the current version (2.0)

Some of the commands are sensitive to which one of your sticks you move 1st.

I'm going to swap my AR6100 on a Tricopter to FRSKY D8R-II so I will connect to GUI 1st to take a few screenshots for you.

//UndCon

UndCon

UndCon
Here is my Spektrum

multiwii_spektrum.jpg

Nothing strange - the PPM-signals never return to the same value if you move a stick back and forth

//UndCon