Multiple receivers bound to one Transmitter

rmarassovich

Hello

Im new to RC and I assumed that you could have multiple receivers bound to one transmitter.

Is it normal to only be able to bind one receiver to one transmitter?

Cheers
Robert

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
It normal to have multiple Rx bound to one Tx.
Most Tx’s these days have model memory, it store all of the settings for a given plane. It makes switching planes very easy. Each Tx has limits, mine will store 30 models, well more than I use.

FDS

Elite member
However transmitters included in RTF deals that are just with that plane won’t bind to more than one receiver.

Bricks

Master member
Depends on the transmitter many of the cheapo`s can only be bound to one receiver, so each time you chnage planes they have to be rebound. My Spektrum DX9 will hold 250 different setups, I am only using 61 so in reality I could add another 189 setups ( planes quads boats etc ).

SavageX89

Ya, it really depends on the transmitter brand and what it is capable of. I fly with FrSky on the ACCESS protocol. The transmitter itself can store 60+ models and each model can have up to 3 receivers bound to it.

Bricks

Master member
Ya, it really depends on the transmitter brand and what it is capable of. I fly with FrSky on the ACCESS protocol. The transmitter itself can store 60+ models and each model can have up to 3 receivers bound to it.

Just have to remember if your transmitter only has 6 channels know matter how may receivers are bound to it at one time in the same airframe you will still only have six channels.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
With my Tx, any Rx that is bound will respond, regardless of which model is selected. I must be certain to select the correct model before flying.

Sounds like some of the newer Tx's will not do that. A good safety feature to prevent you from selecting the wrong model.

SavageX89

Just have to remember if your transmitter only has 6 channels know matter how may receivers are bound to it at one time in the same airframe you will still only have six channels.

From what i've understood, the extra receivers can either be set up as redundancy (maintaining only the 6 channels), or can be combined to increase the number of channels.

Bricks

Master member
From what i've understood, the extra receivers can either be set up as redundancy (maintaining only the 6 channels), or can be combined to increase the number of channels.

If that were true then why would they make different number channel of transmitters just add more receivers. Buy a 6 channel transmitter and install a 12 channel receiver nope no way no how.

You can add more ports for servos but still will only be the same number of channels.

Last edited:

Bricks

Master member
With my Tx, any Rx that is bound will respond, regardless of which model is selected. I must be certain to select the correct model before flying.

Sounds like some of the newer Tx's will not do that. A good safety feature to prevent you from selecting the wrong model.

Not on Spektrum one bind one slot in the list for it, choose wrong plane will not work.

rmarassovich

Thanks for your responses. I worked it out. I needed to change some protocol settings and it all bound up just fine. So it was a noob issue.
Cheers
Robert

CWP8

Hi, I am new to RC too and have a similar question so have posted here (apologies in advance, I may start a new thread too in case no-one is monitoring this one anymore).

I recently purchased a Spektrum DXS transmitter paired with an AR620 receiver (for my 10yo son). We are now building a second project, and are considering using the same transmitter but binding to a new AR410 receiver. I am sure we can bind the one transmitter to both of these receivers – but will our transmitter “remember” the settings for both receivers or will we need to re-bind and recalibrate the ESC each and every time we switch receivers? The DXS transmitter manual does not seem to have any information on storing receiver settings and I am having trouble finding anything helpful on this question on the internet. The alternative would be to buy a new transmitter/receiver combo, but apart from cost, that means over time with new projects we would accumulate a lot of potentially unnecessary hardware!

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
@CWP8 Unfortunately that radio only has 1 model memory so you CAN bind it to different receivers but you will have to do full set up every time you change to another receiver.

Its better to get a higher tier radio that has multiple model memory. On a bright note that tx is not a total waste of money as it can be relegated to being a dedicated wireless buddy box once you have a better radio to be used as the master. You could probably also use it as a dedicated sim radio with one of those dongles that connect an actual receiver to your computer.