Multiplex Fun Cub

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
The Fun Cub kit will be here tomorrow! Still waiting on the motor, ESC, and two of the servos from HK. Apparently the rudder and elevator servos are an oddball size and not the standard 9g/HXT900/TG9e size.

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
It's here!

Y8D4J.jpg

BiydG.jpg

Now I'm waiting on HK :(

I'll probably go through the instructions and see what I can accomplish before the electronics get here.

Progress?? I too am wanting to purchase a FunCub. I saw some flying a few weeks ago, on skis. With the flaps and the slight headwind these guys were flying in, their planes were going backwards in the air:eek: I think I have most of the parts, if I take the motor off of my overkill foam plane.

EDIT:

However, I am extremely tempted to go and buy the foam to build a HH Super Cub. With some carbon in the wing and ailerons and flaps, the HZ Cub would be really awesome!!

Last edited:

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
I'm still waiting for the motor/servos and stuff from HK. Good news though, the Fun Cub is now shipping with an aluminum motor mount. Before it was plastic and you could purchase a metal one separately.

rGAPv.jpg

earthsciteach

"I am extremely tempted to go and buy the foam to build a HH Super Cub. With some carbon in the wing and ailerons and flaps, the HZ Cub would be really awesome!!"

Definitely more awesome that the Fun Cub! ;)

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
I have a hobbyzone super cub and I've flown the fun cub. My cub is as good as a fun cub but out of the box the fun cub is a thousand times better. Great slow flying with tons of power. Hobbyzone cub is better to learn on though.

earthsciteach

Hey, welcome back, AK! Haven't seen you in a while. What motor are you running in your SC?

BM-Do we get a video of the maiden, soon?