Multirotor Movie Making

fliteadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin

We had a chance to help out on a short film recently, shooting aerial video with our multirotors.

The location was Glamorgan Castle in Alliance, Ohio.

The film is called "The Invitation", written by Matt Roseti and Directed by Ryan Galbraith.

Jeremy Davis helped direct Chad as they both watched the FPV view from the multirotor.

Chad was flying his AnyCopter setup in a Hex configuration.

You can find out more details about this short film HERE.

We'd like to thank Jeremy Davis and everyone on the crew for giving us the chance to help out and be involved in this project! We look forward to seeing the final release!

So are we talking hundreds of dollars for doing those shots or thousands?? :)
How would you work out a charge rate (dollars not batteries) for doing aerial work like that?

Looks like a lot of fun!

Cheers
Drew.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Illegal in the USA to make one red cent from flying Hobby RC Aircraft. :(

Thurmond

I find it interesting that the FAA is cracking down on this. They never had a problem when movies used RC aircraft for flight and crash scenes. No one seems to have a problem with sponsored pilots, flying RC for money. But you strap a camera to the aircraft and try to sell the results, all of a sudden the use of RC aircraft for profit is something that needs to be stopped.

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
I suspect that it will be all OK fine as soon as they arrive at a suitable taxing structure to keep most casual moneymaker's out of another "exclusive" club for those with lots of time and cash.:mad:

I was legislated out of the Refrigeration Business a few years ago by the big boys with money to lobby laws into place that put too much financial burden on the small guy to stay in business.

This is much the same kind of deal IMHO.

Thurmond

Really?? Wow.
Land of the Free my arse.

Why ever would they see need to stop people making money via use of a remote control air borne video platform?
Sometimes those folks in 'Murricah just crack me up.

You could make quite a niche market doing stuff like that here.

Hmmmm..

Drew

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Really?? Wow.
Land of the Free my arse.

Why ever would they see need to stop people making money via use of a remote control air borne video platform?
Sometimes those folks in 'Murricah just crack me up.

You could make quite a niche market doing stuff like that here.

Hmmmm..

Drew
Yeah, I really love my country and the freedoms it used to have but the mindless bureaucrats that hold positions of power and the victims of the fear-mongering, are quickly turning it into an over-regulated police state. All it takes is one person doing something dumb, and there's a public outcry for more regulation. Ever wonder why hair dryers have warnings like; "do not use while sleeping" and "do not use in the shower or bath"? It's due to one or two living brain donors who haven't had the decency to Darwin themselves out of existence quietly but instead create a cause for the busybodies with no productive hobbies to have a new project for this week. Some of it come from ridiculous lawsuits by less than honest or intelligent people. Google "Stella awards" for some great examples of those...

I'm sorry for the rant. As you might have noticed, my patience for stupidity has grown short from paying the price for the squeaky wheel idiots bad judgement and the desire for regulation to keep those same idiots safe from themselves. I prefer to take responsibility for my own actions and don't want or need a law to cover every bad or dumb action that people can manage to expose themselves to.
< /rant off >
I checked the soapbox and despite my jumping on it, still seems structurally sound and ready for the next rant...

Tritium

Sorry soapboxes are no longer allowed due to "slippery surface" danger's. :p

I think Lance Gooden is introducing legislation to prevent "SoapBox" dangers to the sheeple.:mad:

Thurmond

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
I think Lance Gooden is introducing legislation to prevent "SoapBox" dangers to the sheeple.:mad:

Whew, about time someone did something about that persistent danger! Who says Congress can't do anything right :rolleyes:

Tritium

Well I for one will obscure the facts by calling mine the "SAND" box. Nothing slippery there! :p

I also DO NOT fly "Drones" but rather an "automated robotic data acquisition device" (ARDAD)! ;)

Thurmond