Music video that I swear features fixed wing FPV / aerial video

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
I was recently introduced to a Swiss Folk Metal band with a music video that I think features both multi-rotor and fixed wing RC / FPV video footage -- it's a little annoying, to me, that they have this shaky cam effect but I wonder if it's to cover up the aerial footage -- especially the fast flight video towards the end that makes me think it's from a flying wing (based on the odd twitches and handling in the wind starting at about 4:00 min) :

speedbirdted

Legendary member
I was recently introduced to a Swiss Folk Metal band with a music video that I think features both multi-rotor and fixed wing RC / FPV video footage -- it's a little annoying, to me, that they have this shaky cam effect but I wonder if it's to cover up the aerial footage -- especially the fast flight video towards the end that makes me think it's from a flying wing (based on the odd twitches and handling in the wind starting at about 4:00 min) :

You know what - I think that might have actually been shot with a tricopter. Tris fly by far the most unique of any multirotor system because you have the yaw servo, I've seen them compared to airplanes and flying like Superman (whatever that means) and under a lot of throttle they do tend to twitch around like that because of the uneven number of rotors introducing a yawing force to the airframe which the servo must overcome, and it doesn't always do it perfectly. Also explains why encountering a crosswind would also cause that effect. You have to keep in mind that the video was made in 2014 and back in those days, multicopter electronics were not nearly as advanced or easy to use. At that point the multicopter homebuilding scene was just starting to emerge, and most could not produce very good footage at all.