Mx2 maiden

sukhoi69

This is the maiden flight of my Hobby King MX2. I have never flown this type of plane before and I really like it. It now has a two blade prop and better landing gear. Have not flown it again since but plan to very soon.

sukhoi69

Yeah I like it. It does have a few low points. Needs bigger wheels for grass landing and a few more magnets for the canopy as it blows off. And this one came with a bad elevator servo. Other than that it is real nice and smooth goes where you point it and looks nice. I think I will like it even more after I get some more time with it.
Cheers

Claus

Looks great...
I was thinking of buying one myself, but i also wan't to fly a little 3d. Do you know if it has enough power to hover?

Claus

sukhoi69

Yep it has 1.4 m wing span and runs 3000mah 4s lipos or bigger. Unless you are limited in what space you have to fly a bigger plane is easier to fly. And this one is almost half the price of the Parkzone Extra. It will hover but could use more power for that. It is not designed to be a true 3D plane more for aerobatics. People have upgraded the motor and ESC for better hovering this is cheap to do from Hobby King. I might upgrade the motor once I can fly the hell out of this stock. Once I put better landing gear on it I will put up another vid. For the money this is a good plane even though you have to change a couple things ie better magnets on canopy, stronger landing gear if flying on grass and a two blade prop.

Snoggle

For the money this is a good plane even though you have to change a couple things ie better magnets on canopy, stronger landing gear if flying on grass and a two blade prop.

this applies to many other planes, even more expensive ones... landing gear is usually a weak point that is up for improvements. the canopy staying in place is a real problem with this particular model though. part of the problem is, that the airflow that enters the fuselage at the front of the plane cannot exit it anywhere so there is some kind of air pressure under the canopy which makes it pop off more easily in flight. several people fixed this by simply using a rubber strap around the canopy others installed more and tougher magnets.