My 2nd foamboard FPV model

AlexLuther

Hi All,

Just wanted to share my second foamboard model, I quite enjoyed working with foamboard on the 1st one and it has proven to be quite durable so decided on foamboard for this one too.

I used 3mm foamboard, the only wood in this model is the wing spars, everything else I 3D printed in PLA, including the motor mount. The canards are easily replaceable by loosening 6 screws, and I may end up 3D printing new and more aerodynamic canards for it, though it did fly fine with the flat foamboard ones. After struggling to remove stripped servos that I had glued in the 1st foamboard model I decided to rather 3D print servo holders / mounts for this one to allow easy replacement of damaged servos.

I maidened it on Sunday and it flew quite nice and smooth with a good turn of speed, haven't installed OSD and GPS yet so I don't know how fast it was actually going. I flew just under 11 minutes and lipo was over 11.3v, so duration is looking quite good with this motor.

The front end look a little odd, but it was the best solution I could come up with for allowing the camera to pan without just sticking it out in the open. I'd be real interested to see other people's solution for an aerodynamic pan system so I can improve on this for the next model.

Wingspan is 926mm
weight with 2200 3s Lipo is 710g
Racestar BR2208 - 1800kv motor
prop is apc 7x5e
Runcam PZ0420M camera
Eachine TX526 VTx
HXT900 servos

I drew the plans in Corel draw and can upload them and the STL files for all the 3D printed parts if anyone is interested. And thanks again to the Flitetest guys for showing me the way to foamboard!

Attachments

• Completed Model (s).jpg
    Completed Model (s).jpg
    707.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Cam dome & Fairing (s).jpg
    Cam dome & Fairing (s).jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Canard Joiner & Horn (s).jpg
    Canard Joiner & Horn (s).jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Cam Pan mount (s).jpg
    Cam Pan mount (s).jpg