My Assssin

earthsciteach

Here's a couple of pics of my Assassin combat wing. I'd been flying it on a rewound CF-2822 that would burn up after about 5 minutes of flight. I received two new CF-2812s from HeadsUpRC and installed one this morning. Although the wing isn't as fast as with my rewound motor, the 2812 doesn't go up in a poof of smoke.

This thing is ridiculously fun! Just got in from my 3rd flight today. Without the worry of destroying an airplane, my cajones have grown 4 sizes bigger! Its a blast to take it straight up and come screaming straight down at full throttle, pulling level just inches above the ground! THIS is the most fun RC plane I have flown to date. Everyone should have one!

Attachments

• Assassin1.JPG
    Assassin1.JPG
    422.5 KB · Views: 55
  • Assassin2.JPG
    Assassin2.JPG
    470.2 KB · Views: 40

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Nice Asssssin! If that's what you call it... Put a flitetest sticker on that thing so it flies better!

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
Looks awesome but just way too pretty.
You need to take road trip out here so I can help you scuff it up a little.
A couple of prop strikes and some grass stains and it'll look fine :)
Glad to hear you are enjoying it!

earthsciteach

No worries, Ninja! I've already put a couple of grass stains on her! And I broke a prop. On my last flight of the day (very light rain) I tossed her into the air and went straight up, directly over my head. Dropped throttle and flipped her over backwards, nose straight down, punched full throttle. Again, directly over my head. I pulled up at what I thought was the right moment, but not being able to see the ground due to looking straight up, I was a bit late. She smacked flat on the belly at full throttle. Only damage - broken prop! Gotta love it!

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
Very cool. My flying wing is my confidence plane. An absolute blast to fly and I think the risks you take with them translate into better flying with your other planes.

Brian fred carr

Site Moderator
Mentor
My slinger is my crotch of flying confidence, i love to fly with elevons its so intuitive and it screams through the air and can float dreamily in for landings and scaring pidgeons......they are also a lot stronger than most flyers and you can give em a bit of abuse

Jeffrey Saelee

Airplane Dope
...they are also a lot stronger than most flyers and you can give em a bit of abuse

Definite +1 on that! On my 25" blucore wing I put a carbon rod from the nose almost to the motor--and that thing's pretty much indestructible! I've even landed inverted after the motor quit while inverted Unfortunately the CF2805 motor quit working, connection problem

nibnobsam

I like big leccy planes
Mentor
Definite +1 on that! On my 25" blucore wing I put a carbon rod from the nose almost to the motor--and that thing's pretty much indestructible! I've even landed inverted after the motor quit while inverted Unfortunately the CF2805 motor quit working, connection problem
+2

I fly mine off the slopes with out a motor and landed nose first into the ground, not even a dent on it:applause:

earthsciteach

nibnobsam-I got really excited when I saw your Flycat buddycode! I've had my eye on this one for a while. But, just couldn't justify the shipping cost that is more than twice the cost of the kit itself. :(

I'd really like to hear your impressions of the plane once you have flown it. I'm in need of some more RX's (out of stock), so if they come in, I'll just toss that one in the cart.