My edition of "Other hobbies" spun off from other threads on this topic.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Any feed back from people who are actually reading this? We are about to hit the point where team designations will be used a lot so let me know if Alpha 1 thru Alpha 5 is good or if you may want me to come up with last names to use as with regular military and not covert nameless teams?

Tench745

Master member
Alpha 1-5 works fine for me. I don't remember names well anyway. I get the feeling there will not be a lot of character building for these team members, so something like a name isn't really necessary to get you to connect to them personally. Alpha 1-5 gives us the information we need to follow; it spells out who is on what team and specifies which individual it is.
If you feel strongly about adding names there's nothing stopping you from changing it; either using last names like you suggested, or maybe having the author give each a nickname?

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
@Tench745 Thanks for the input mate and thanks for actually reading this.(y)(y)

Im kickin a new project around in my head to start writing on again. Im not sure if I want to dive right in or do some free writing for a bit to get into that flow again. Two ideas in mind are a fantasy thing about a world I came up with back in my D&D days and the other a psycho thriller thing based on the strangeness that floats around in my own head but thats more a self exploration thing and probably not good for public consumption lest I be locked away in an icecream suit hehe.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Gangs installment 6 permalink

15-4-2043 Mid afternoon

"Put yer big girl panties on ladies the partys about to start!" "Alpha two Port side door!"
"Alpha five Starboard!" "Rest of you Man up Front and Center NOW!" I felt the cradle grab the ship
and lock it in. Billy slides in front of me and says keep your eyes forward and your head low. If I
move I wanna feel your breath on my neck. Now keep up and do nothing utill I do. Follow My lead.

Now the real Billy comes out. Confident, very much in control, more so then even the Team
leader himself. He is geared up in a full set of Salamander that is riddled with many laser burns
that tell the story of experience with out a word. Not one split second of hesitation in his
movements and he is at the door right next to the teams scout quickly scanning the interior of the
place we have docked. Just like this scenario was written in a script somewhere Billy snatches
the scout by the chin of his helmet and spins him three hundred sixty degrees and rolls him off to
his left as his right arm brings the AS-147 to his shoulder. Billy returns fire in the direction the
laser beam that just flashed thru the place where the scouts head was not half a second before.
A huge flash emits from about 30 meters in the direction Billy shot. He points to the right and up
towards the ceiling of the small room we are in. The Team leader barks an order and two members
split to the right to take out the turret by the bay doors. Another finger points out a group of three
drones advancing as Billy begins putting rounds into the breast plate of the lead bot. I immediately
bring my Justy to the ready and squeeze off four rounds into the same drone. It drops in a display
of sparks and flames that would rival any small town Fourth of July celebration.

BOOM!!!! a loud explosion and blinding flash fills the room when the gun turret explodes
taking a HUGE pile of ordnance stacked not far away with it. By now the remaining members of the team
along with Billy and myself have dropped the last of the initial attacking drones. After 30 seconds
of leap frogging along the wall it is determined the room is clear. For how long we have no idea.
In the rear of this room is a glowing sphere that I can only assume is a teleporter since it
is almost identical of the new televators in the malls around Eudoria. Four huge crates are lined
up side by side giving perfect cover for us to secure the televator from. As Billy and the Team leader
confer about our next move the other soldiers are checking each other over for obvious damage and to
make sure there are no exposed areas in their armor to leave them vulnerable to attack. After that
they reload new clips and check amplifiers to make sure enough power is available for an extended
fire fight.

The decision is made that we all pass through the televator at the same time so all available
offense is in the same spot. Each team member is assigned a direction to move and a position to take
once at the place the televator puts us. The nice thing about a televator is multiple objects can be
moved at once not like the old portals when the technology first developed.

As I materialize I move to the right two meters and set in a crouched position gun ready,
scanning the area, and awaiting the next order. A hallway 30 meters long is straight ahead of me no
signs of movement. The team splits and each half works its way along the wall moving in unison so we
do not get far enough apart we can not cover each other. At the end of this hallway it opens into a
huge circular room. From where i am I can see one passageway leading off to the right almost at the
exact ninety degree mark of the circle. Two drones are moving in our direction pushing another of
those big boxes on a hovering container lifting devise. They have not seen us yet so we pull back a
little to let them get closer so it might be possible to disable them quietly.

Just before they make their turn up the hallway we are in Billy points to the left of the crate and
signals for me to crouch along side and let it pass before attacking the drone on my side.
I drop low and did not really have to move as the crate glides past me. As I see the end of the box
the Justifier automatically settles into my shoulder, I stand up putting the barrel to the bots head
and squeeze off a round. Sparks fly all over as an acidic smell fills the air as the drone drops.
Immediately after that I focus on the other drone just as Billy lets loose a single blp round. The
bots head literally vaporizes before my eyes.

As my sight slowly readjusts after the blinding flashes I feel two of the soldiers push past
me knocking me into the crate. This forces it in a new direction towards the wall. Upon impact the
crate rolls over and off the carrier. When it hits the ground on its side the lid pops open and
several strange weapons and what looks to be a harness I have never seen before. By the time my eyes
fully focus on it a purplish vapor begins to pour out of the box and the weapons and armor
immediately start to melt.

Surprisingly those were the only resistance we encountered on this level. Only two small
rooms off either side of the circle, one containing five of the crates we have seen, and the other a
third televator. Again the decision is made to group port with the same position assignments.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Gangs Installment 7 permalink

15-4-2043 2 hours into mission

As we take up positions around the teleporter we are immediately fired upon. Laser snipers
are positioned on riser pedestals 150 meters from the televator. I could hear Alpha-3 laughing
and shouting at the bot that just tagged him "Is that all you got?".."My grandmother shoots better
then that!".. "you couldn't hit the broad side of an asteroid you blind useless tin can!"

The Team leader barks to take cover on the right hand wall so the snipers (as there are now
three firing on us) have less angle to hit. Alpha-2 calmly reaches to his shoulder and slides the
Marber Tango from around his back into shooting position on top of the box he is using for cover.
His only Words were "what odds are on the board for this turkey shoot?" The Team leader shouts "five
to one" and Alpha 3 immediately responds "in the bots favor".

I cant help think.. what have I gotten into here, are these guys suicidal? to see this happening is almost
like watching a comedy drama on television that was made back in the twentieth century. As the first
shot blazes from the tango the long blueish beam finds its mark and the bot drops from the pedestal..
a critical hit taking its head clean off. Now I fully realize the caliber of the team I am with. I hear Billy yell
to me "move out soldier!" and that snaps me back to focus on what is happening in front of us.

As we come to the corner where the scout has already done his assessment we find there are
four bots down in a low spot along the closest wall waiting for us. One of them is not a drone like
the other three. I have never seen this type of robot before. Evidently this bot controls the others
strategically after assessing the battlefront and enemy troop movements and armament. Another crack
from the Tango as the hallway illuminates blue once again. Two for two as the second sniper drops.

With a nod from the leader the scout drops low and moves to the right around the corner and
quickly to the far end of the opening where the remaining bots can easily see him. He is going to
try and draw the controller bot off the wall below us and out into the opening so we can take it
out. No dice. Only the drones go after him. As we round the corner to fire on the drones the third
and final round from the tango again lights up the passage. All clear is signaled and we are given
the order for a direct assault on the drones going for our scout.

As we open fire the drones turn their attention to us. Now we have them in cross fire between us and
the scout. As we begin to pick them off I hear Alpha-2 yell "Bonsai!" as I see from the corner of my eye
him flying over the edge to go after the controller bot solo.

Only one remaining drone is left so Billy pushes me back to where Alpha-2 went over the wall
to get us moving to aid him with the controller. As I get to the edge to do a quick assessment I see
Alpha-2 with an Embra-6 laser sword dancing around the bot of which he has already cleanly sliced
one of its arms completely off and is swinging at the knee area trying to disable it but not destroy it.
Picking up on this I have a clean shot from the side and put a round from my Justy into the hip area
of the bot dropping it.

As the bot writhes around and spins on the ground pushing its self with the good leg it has left Alpha-2
walks up to it and pops open a plate in the back of the drone to power down the unit. I ask Billy why
this bot was spared and he explains to me the importance of this bots components. They can be used
to confuse bots on a limited basis if the need arises. He tells me this trick was used many times during
the robot wars to slow down the waves of bots sent into towns to totally eradicate the humans in them.

15-4-2043 3 hours into mission

After a fast recon of the floor and a half ass inventory by me we regroup to check armor,
amps, consolidate half used clips of ammo, and plan for next round as we have found yet another
televator at the far corner of this area. These boxes are starting to intrigue me after seeing what
dropped from the first one that was knocked off the antigrav unit. I explained my observations to
Billy and Alpha-1 and they decided they were not priority at this moment.

We take a very short break to grab a drink and an energy bar to replace calories we have
burned off along with re-hydrating ourselves then move to the televator. Halfway talking to myself
half wondering out loud I say " I don't get why they are not actively attacking us as I am sure they
know we are hear by now" to which Alpha-1 states "because they don't see us as a threat" " this is
their domain and we couldn't possibly defeat them here" "the robots we face all have specific tasks
and will only fight when that task is interrupted" "they are not very evolved and can not yet think
for themselves, hence the need for controller bots like we have just seen".

On to the next level we go. As we all take up positions assigned us we find no bots in the
immediate area and can assess the next move under less stressful conditions. The scout immediately
moves off in the only direction available and disappears around a corner. Several minutes pass before
the scout gives a quick sit rep over the l.a.s.h. radio system. His report states the positions of five drones
but that is not the main issue. This level seems to be a maze with many turns and dead ends. He even
stated walking past a drone that seemed to be stuck inside a wall since all he could see were the arms
moving as if the bot was walking somewhere. That had to be a teleport gone bad I thought.

We all move in the direction the scout gave us clearing each bot as we encountered it with
no real resistance to be concerned about. In fact I have not fired my gun once on this level. Nine
bots total have been destroyed on this floor before we found another televator. Again I noticed
many more of those storage boxes in various areas along the way. I am beginning to wonder how big
this ship is we are on as all the areas have been insanely larger in relation to the size of the
bots we have come across.

15-4-2043 4.5 hours into mission

FLUMP!. I hit the floor with a huge thud as soon as I materialized. I am glad I didn't have
far to fall because I got teleported half onto one of the storage boxes. I look up to check where I
am and if there were any bots and sure enough there were. I had ported where two drones were moving
boxes to the televator. Immediately I went for Grandfathers Madddox as there was no way to get the
rifle out from under me fast enough to protect myself. It was almost like an old western shoot out.

The bot was about as prepared for this as I was. I got off the first two rounds, one hitting the drone
directly under its chin and the other glancing off the front of it not really doing any damage. The
bot got the next round off and hit me right in the thigh where that Beryclyd had spurred me a few
weeks ago. Not fully healed yet the pain shot straight to my head making me see stars. Knowing kind
of where the bot was and that I was already aimed in that direction I let a few more rounds go. I
know I hit it as I could feel the hot hydraulic fluid as it coated the soft non plated areas of my
armor. Then it hit me. Man these things are heavy.

The drone was damaged enough it could no longer stay upright and fell down on top of me. Not able
to do much else I grabbed its head and twisted as hard as I could. After it came off in my hands I tried to
crawl out from under its weight.

Now that I was done my skirmish I could hear the sounds from the others battling something
else. By the time I had wiggled free of the drone and retrieved my weapons the fight was over. I
limped over to where Billy was and started to remove my thigh guards to check my leg for any major
injury. Billy called for Alpha-4 to check me out as he was the teams medic. Alpha-1 sent the scout
on to recon the area, and Alpha-2 and Billy set up to guard the perimeter from further aggression.

After a routine treatment for infection and a field dressing I got my thigh guards back on and was
ready to move out. The scout had already returned and told us there was a trough with two
small bridges to cross then a short wall. Just passed the wall on either side were single drones
loading more boxes on antigrav units. At the far end of the huge open area was a Warrior Gen 04
walking a patrol in front of a bank of what looked to be navigation instruments controlled by a tiny
maintenance droid.

This was the heart of the ship. We knew the maintenance droid was not a threat nor were the
two drones moving the boxes. It was decided that the four of us with various Marbers were to engage
the Warrior and take it out from range where we were safe. Then we would take the two drones and move
up to the navigation area and see what we could find there. The four snipers made our way to the wall
dead center as best we could. The two drones were out of sight so once we determined they were not
going to attack we took positions on the wall.

We had one Tango and three Bravos which meant we had to get a little closer so all of us could hit at
the same time. This meant going over the wall and exposing ourselves to the Warriors Twin Cannons
mounted on its arms. If we didn't drop this at range out of reach of those cannons it means one or more
of us will not return from this mission.

Billy informed us of weak spots on the Warriors on their sides under the arms. There were no plates at all
there due to the heavier arm movements needed to support those cannons. The Tango was to aim for the
head and try to disable its targeting sensors while the Marbers concentrated on one side to disable
one gun as fast as possible. The go to shoot was on the first Tango round to give the best chance of
success to blind the Bot.

The familair hiss of a plasma rifle goes off and the blue flash that accompanies it streaks towards the
Warrior bot. Immediately three smaller hisses follow. The order back over the wall is given and we move
out fast as possible. Once over the wall I instantly turn and take up position and begin to scan for the
Warrior through the haze of smoke where all four rounds found their marks.

The definitive buzz and the reassuring click tells me the Marber is ready to fire the next round. Again,
the sound of the Tango goes off so I follow the beam to its target. Another hit, sparks fly and more
smoke emits from the bots head. It staggers now as if its gyro systems have been compromised. I
find my mark on the same side we hit initially when the other two Bravos fire almost simultaneously.

A flash followed by a huge explosion drops the cannons wreckage from the bot. As it leans to one side
and starts to fall over with the severe weight imbalance I take a shot into the head area where major
damage from the tango has all but drilled a hole completely thru. Whoosh, the plamsa boils and sends
its pain hurtling towards the falling Bot. When the beam finds it mark a gaping hole opens in the bots
head where its main sensors used to be and the bot hits the floor with a huge grinding crash.

As we stand to regroup with the others a beacon starts to flash and strangely enough a human
voice fills the open hall stating that a self destruct sequence has been activated. We all look at
each other in bewilderment and start to double time it back to the rest of the team. The voice is now
giving instructions to abandon the craft using the pods located in the central areas of each level.
As we meet up with the team Billy tells the Leader to have the team take whatever they can grab from
the now open boxes and head down to the maze area to do the same before taking a life pod off the ship.
He then tells me to follow him as we need to retrieve the Controller bot from the third floor and get
off the ship from there. "Three Minutes to self destruct" the womans voice relays through out the ship.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
OK to get back on schedule of Mondays and Thursdays here is the Thursday drop. I also have been able with my computer issues to spend time fiddling with old hard drives and managed to recover the pictures from in game that go with the original story. I will go back to each specific section and upload them in the proper places within the story. May be few weeks until the new computer parts arrive so I can stay online more then a few minutes at a time but they will eventually fall in place around the first of the month.

Gangs installment 8 permalink

15-4-2043 Late evening.

WOW my lungs are on fire and my muscles are stretched tight with the stress of moving in
this very high gravity on this ship. I did not feel this earlier as we took our time clearing and
exploring each level on this ship. Now that we HAVE to hurry it is all taking its toll. Even Billy
is breathing hard and has slowed a bit . "Two Minutes to self destruct" Those words ring in your
helmet like the shock of going to light speed on the Orion we came to Eudoria in.

As we finally get to the level where the controller bot is Billy slows to a walk. I give
a look as to say why stop here we need to go now! Just as Billy starts to point I pick up on what
he is observing. ALL of the boxes are now starting to fill with that greenish haze I saw melt the
gear that fell from the dumped storage box earlier. He says "We need to get that controller torso
and get out as quickly as possible"! He tells me to head for the pod on the port side of the area
we are in and figure how it operates as fast as I can and that he will retrieve the torso.

As I round the hatch to enter the escape pod I slide to a halt as I feel like I am about
to run right out into space. The pods are made of a totally clear material that show NO reflection
as glass or plastics we have would. "One Minute to self destruct". I look around the inside of it
from where I am in its doorway before stepping into it. There are no controls , seat, harnesses,
cabinets , or gear in them at all. I guess robots would not need any of these things so it becomes
obvious to me that there would be no amenities for comfort. From the size of it I would guess each
one was made for two drone size robots. Seeing no controls inside the pod I begin to look around
by the entrance. What is it with robots and flashing red buttons? That is the only obvious control
that I can see to activate these escape pods.

I now hear Billy's heavy footsteps approaching. I see him coming with the torso of the
controller bot slung over his back weighing him down even more in the heavy gravity. I tell him
what we have to deal with here and he laughs at me and says "Die here or maybe live in there" as
he steps in the pod, drops the torso and immediately sits down on it like it was Art Deco furniture
from the early 1970's history books. I step halfway into the pod, reach back, smack the ominous red
blinky button and collapse next to Billy in the pod. A sound like the doors in "Startrek"
(long running space based tv series for you non nerd types) emits as the pod seals and ejects
from the side of the ship.

After a few minutes of drifting we begin to see the other pods that have ejected from the
ship lazily making their way to yet another blinking red beacon. Billy sees a pod with the Team
Leader and Scout in it and ties to contact them by L.A.S.H. radio. No Answer, I tell Billy that I
could not receive his signal and I was right next to him. Another pod with Alpha-3 comes into view,
then another with Alpha-2 and -4, the only one I don't see is Alpha-5. Alpha Leader and the Scout are
the first to get near the Beacon and with much surprise they instantly vanish as soon as it looked
as though the pod they were in would collide with the beacon. Not a flash, not a sound, just gone.
Calmly Billy looks to me and says "Hold on I'm guessing we are next" as he stretches out
both arms to the sides of the pod for support. As the feeling of acceleration builds everything gets
really bright and I can only assume we lost consciousness.

16-4-2043

I wake to Alpha 3 kicking my boot and asking if I were gonna sleep all day. I open my eyes
to see we are in a forest and the team has built a makeshift camp. I can see the pods lined up in
a perfect line not far from us with various gear stacked neatly in front of several of the pods. I
ask Alpha 3 where everyone was and he said scouting the area and clearing a few wandering Molusk
from the immediate vicinity. Just as he started to fill me in on where we were the Scout comes into
view dragging a small Atrax and says "Honey I'm home! I brought breakfast!"

As every one of the team wanders back to the camp and regroups I find out we are a long way
from Billy's. Nothing to worry about I am told as the Team knows our exact coordinates and puts Camp
Chimera 23 kilometres to the south west of us. As "breakfast" is cooking each member gives a detailed
report of what happened after we split up to finish our task on the spaceship. No one reports
anything spectacular and the most bragable parts were what they found in the boxes. Most of what
they found was basically robot souvenirs of armors or weapons taken from what I only assume humans
they had killed in their travels. Only two boxes held specimens from this planet and the rest were
mainly ores and energy matters readily found sitting on the surface.

All of the armors were Pixie and Goblin which makes sense as those are basically the only two
common armors that couldn't take at least two to five hits from a small drones armament. Same goes for
the weapons, a few Jester D-1's, a couple of small Emik pistols, and a huge pile of odd robot parts
that needed to be sorted through. At least Alpha-5 was smart enough to grab one of those anti gravity
movers. That will make dragging this junk through the woods a bit easier.

After an uneventful trip to Chimera we arrive to see the local people cleaning up the area.
It seems they have survived another Feffoid attack. One of the people there noticed the old
governments seal on Alpha-4's uniform and immediately began grilling him on when they were going to
send support out here to help clear out those dangerous mutants. I could see the wheels in his head
start to turn as the smirk on his face got even bigger then it normally was. As he glanced over to
Alpha-1 his smile got bigger as he loudly says "What makes you think you have been forgotten" "We
didn't drag all this gear through these woods for the fun of it" "we cant afford spare troops right
now but all the best wishes were sent along with all this fabulous gear"

Mean while as he is doing this the rest of the team has quietly made way to the teleporter
with the crate of robot parts and begins to port back to Billy's.

23-4-2043

Nothing much going on since we got back. A lot of communication between the Team Leader and
who ever directs them regarding the trip and what they have found in the junk piles since we have
returned. I have spoken to Billy who has taught me a great deal through the stories he loves to tell
about his time of service during the robot wars. I tried to get him to tell me why the media would
hide the fact Earth is no longer ours let alone the truth of why the corporations are planning on
selling the rest of us out. He tells me not to worry about any of that as there are many forces
gathering to stop such a plan. He also asked if my help was needed would I be willing to step up
just as I did with the last mission and the spaceships.

After many days of nothing, along with a lot of thought, I decided it was time for now to go
back to exploring and mapping, and hopefully making a few PED in the process. I was given a decent
share from the sales of the junk armor and guns that were not left at Chimera and the non
essential robot parts. They also threw in a one thousand PED bonus for assisting on the mission more
then just helping figure out the pods.

After many hours scanning the auctions I was able to find two rare 5-b plates in decent
condition to use in my armor for added protection against those nasty Atrox and Atrax that bite so
hard. I was also able to get a hold of an OF-103 ore finder, that will give me a far better search
depth to work with then the trade terminal finder. Now maybe I can find that big vein of Gazzurdite
for that Weapon Smith in Port Atlantis.

All that is left now was to inform Billy and the Team it was time for me to move on. I figured
lunch time was a good time since everyone would be in the same place and that would better my chances
at a few extra good-bye drinks to send me on my way. I repacked my gear to make it a little more
manageable since I would be taking close to two hundred and fifty more mining probes then I normally
would this trip.

As we all meandered into the dining hall Billy walked up to me and said that some mail for me
had actually caught up with us here while we were out mining by the river yesterday and he was not
given it till this morning. I pulled Billy aside while we had a little privacy and told him I would
be leaving that afternoon to continue my original business. I opened up the one letter in the pile
that grabbed my attention. It was from my friend Doc. We used to hang out a lot in my early days of
being in Port Atlantis. He had left for a while to track down another friend that had been lost in the
north for a long long time. As Billy was stating how he was glad to have met me, and thanks for the
help, and that he would like me to stay longer but understood.... I read that Doc had a little problem
up at Fort Argus and asked me to get there as soon as I could.

By now the whole Team was here and ready to eat. Billy informed them I was leaving while I
finished reading Doc's letter. Alpha-1 stood and made the "If there is anything you ever need just ask"
speech I looked at him and said that I would.. as the rest of the team began to laugh at this I said
"now". The room got silent as they knew I was not kidding around. I asked if the shuttle Bravo team
arrived in was still here and available for a detour to Fort Argus. Alpha-3 yells out "Ill have to ask
Dad for the keys but I don't see why not" again the room burst out in laughter as Alpha-1 said " I guess
its a go".

Attachments

• corintheggdrop.JPG
    corintheggdrop.JPG
    85.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Gangs installment 9 permalink

24-4-2043

I have reread the letter Doc has sent me a few times. Something in it does not fit with
his persona. Doc has many friends all over this new world that are involved in MANY different
organizations, professions, new societies. Thats IT! The key to the letter. Doc NEVER talks about
anyone and not use their name. I reread the letter one more time. It Finally clicks. its not the
letter that has me off about this. Its the paper its written on. Its too heavy for what he normally
uses. I hold it up to the light searching for something out of the ordinary but do not see anything
of interest.

Still pondering this I ask Billy what is at Fort Argus, things like what the structure
is. Is it a start up city?, A glorified outpost, is it industrial based, mining based, military?
Billy informs me that Argus is a spin off of Hadeshaim. It was supposed to become a sister city.
The people that invested and started to make Fort Argus wanted to redo a city like Hadeshaim but
a lot less industrial in nature. They wanted it to be THE place to go for merchants and shops. They
were even the ones that first thought of developing huge malls all over the world and selling
franchises for ownership.

Billy remembers one of his old team had inherited a huge amount of PED from an uncle that
had been a designer for Omegaton. He said his friend was one of the original six investors that
bought Fort Argus from the military sector after the area was deemed habitable. Billy seemed to
remember they had formed a holding company to purchase the old fort and make it a corporation.

I looked at Billy point blank and said "Ex military, worked for a big corporation, and is now part of his
own corporation" "What part of this doesn't scream conspiracy"? I think one + one still makes two on
Eudoria. Doc's friend somehow got involved with your friend or someone in that whole organization.
Billy says he is now extremely interested in what is happening and thinks maybe we will need help
or at least someone to watch our backs. He says he will ask Alpha-1 what the teams plans are for the
next few days or so.

26-4-2043 02:30 hours

Alpha-4 found a hangar still owned by the old government that was not sold to the private
sector to the west of Argus. The decision was made to fly in under darkness that way it would be
hard for someone to see exactly what hangar the shuttle landed in and get suspicious when it landed
in a hangar thats been vacant for months.

A house was secured for our stay here through a local real estate agency that allows rentals
of properties prior to purchase to make sure the home and location suit the potential owners for
long term dwelling.
hangout Argus.JPG

Alpha-2 has set up on the roof of the hangar with a night scope and is scanning
the area for activity before we leave the hangar. We get the all clear from him and all head out
to the north away from the hangars, away from Argus, and away from prying eyes that may be lurking.
As Alpha-2 makes his exit he covers all evidence that anyone was near by making it look as though
a few kids had been playing around the hangar recently. We make it to the house by 04:00 and secure
our gear and hit the sack for a short rest before we begin to recon Argus later in the day.

26-4-2043 13:30 hours

Wanting not to stir up to much interest it was decided I would be the first to hit Argus
since I was the least military looking of the bunch. Alpha-2 has wired me with a L.A.S.H. harness
he designed himself for covert ops. The induction sensors were mounted in a skin like polymer that
sticks very well to skin with no need for any type of glue. It also was very good at taking powder
based make up to match the wearers skin tones. He also gave me a modified version of Linestripe
shades that had a camera and a small H.U.D. built in for covert surveillance.

I went straight to the shopping area when I had arrived at Argus.
Argus1.JPG

I looked for any type of surveillance cameras, any listing devises, and anyone of the general public that looked a tad too
interested in people in the area. I did not see any obvious monitoring devises but I did pick up
on three men and one woman that were very interested in one of the food service areas. I moved in
front of each of the people and picked up on the old style ear pieces and cuff mikes used by the
old governments agents for covert ops.

After getting video of the watchers and other tactical info Alpha-1 told me Billy was also
heading to the area I was in as back up if needed. He instructed me to go into the food service
area and scout what they were so intently watching.
Argus square2.JPG

As I entered the food area it was obvious what they were watching but so intently trying NOT to be seen. I recognized the armor and the markings it had because I was the one who put them there. The man in the seemingly beat up Ghost Armor was Doc. He was having a chat with someone I have never seen before.

Not wanting to be exposed I moved cautiously through the food line and to a table not far
from Doc and his guest. Doc and I had arranged signals long ago between each other so we could
hunt silently but still work well as a team. It took over fifteen minutes for Doc to pick up I
was there and to realize I was using our signals to inform him of his watchers and their locations.
He acknowledged my signals and gave me the signal to move out and where to go. I told him be ready
to move out on the distraction that was about to happen. Billy was still outside keeping an eye
on the watchers and was instructed by Alpha-1 to distract them so we could get out unnoticed and
not followed.

Billy walked up to the one farthest from our location and began talking to the watcher
like he was running one of those clothing upgrade scams common to high fashion areas. Billy got him
to turn and face the opposite direction we were in relation to them. The watcher tried to be polite
and quiet and dispatch Billy with minimal attention. Billy persisted and got a little louder to try
and divert everyone's attention in his direction. Soon the female watcher approached them and got
involved in the conversation. Again Billy got a little louder. Now the small crowd was paying
attention to the three of them. I signaled Doc it was time to move out and where. I guess Doc
never told the person he was with what was happening because he never moved from the table they
had their meeting at. As soon as Doc and I were clear of the building and a fair distance away
Alpha-1 gave Billy the ok to disengage the targets. As soon as Billy disengaged the two watchers
immediately tried to locate Doc and his friend. They didn't leave, panic, or anything obvious so
that tells us Doc is not the one they were watching.

Last edited:

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Gangs Installment 10 permalink

26-4-2043 15:30 hours

Doc and I head out past the shopping district making a bunch of unnecessary detours down
side alleys and through shops where we could to make sure we were not being followed before I
even said hello to him. When we finally got a chance to talk I explained to him I got his letter
and I have a team here with me to help if needed. I didn't explain to him the possibility for a
side mission for Billy. I told him we had a house as a base and we would head there after I gave
the team an all clear and a thank you.

26-4-2043 1800 hours.

As we approached the house Doc picked up on Alpha-2 on the roof watching us through a
spotting scope and asked why so obvious? I told him probably because we were picked up by Alpha-5
over two thousand meters ago and that info was passed on we were on our way. Told him that Alpha-5
probably wasn't more then fifty meters behind us at this moment and we would not know. Doc turns
quickly as if startled when Alpha-5 says "Dam was I THAT obvious" and begins walking faster to
catch up to us. I tell him "No I'm just used to how good you are and have become accustom to
thinking like you". We all laugh and I introduce Doc and yell to Alpha-2 to come down to meet him
as well.

When we step through the door Alpha-1 and Billy were looking over a map at the dining room
table. Alpha-3 was in the kitchen as we could hear his off key singing, cooking food. (I wont say
dinner as his cooking is field quality at best) I start to do introductions just as Billy looks
up and Says "Been a while Doc how ya been?" Alpha-1 gives a nod and says "Hey Doc long time".
After a half stutter to halt my intro I state the obvious and say "You guys have met?" Doc says
"Yeah I met these psycho bums a year before I met you" "we have been working on "THINGS" on and
off for a while now".

I look around at them and again state the obvious "Then us meeting and the "official"
papers you showed me were all a rouse?". Billy says "Umm...Yeah, we had to test you and make sure
you had not been compromised since Doc last saw you". I say "So the spaceship mission was planned?"
Alpha-1 "No that just happened to be the way our test flowed" "Gave us great Intel and a chance
to work on a way to counter the Bots to maybe weaken them a bit". Alpha-2 and Alpha-5 chime in
"Welcome to the Team!!". Then off to the kitchen they head laughing with each other. Doc and I
approach the table where the map is and wait for Billy or Alpha-1 to fill us in.

27-4-2043

Doc and I get up at the crack of dawn to go on a short hunt in the hills where we killed
our first Argonaught Hunter together. I ask Doc if he still uses the shogun thigh guards and the
Frean Alpha we looted from it. Doc responds that he sold those long ago to upgrade his gear a bit.
He says "Adapt and grow or stagnate away like the rest of the masses..". He kinda lets that trail
off like there was more to what he was going to say. Just that quick I see his hand go for his
pistol as he ducks familiarly to his left. I instinctively slide to the right as I spin and bring
Justy to bear on the three Argos charging us from the tree line. "WAHOO!!!! Game on!" he shouts
as he starts marching towards the Argos to get them in range faster. I pick the largest one and
start putting rounds center mass. The Argo veers off more in my direction and steps up his charge
as now like most Argonaughts he is pissed. Usually the initial rounds don't do much damage at
range and makes their adrenaline flow more freely, but that is the fun of hunting them. The
excitement that ensues makes me start to remember back in the days Doc and I hunted the gangs of
Argo's on a regular basis. I think to myself was the friendship real or was this all a TEST for
this point in history we are about to embark on?

The rest of the morning was less eventful as we only found a small herds of Snables and
the odd Exasaur. We both surmised with the population growth at Argus naturally the population of
aggressive mobs would be down more, after all it has been over a year since we last hunted these
hills. I made it a point to study Doc a bit, maybe see what I hope was friendship from long ago
and not just a soldier on a recruiting mission. I think he picked up on that because he stopped
me before we got back to camp and told me he had answers to give me if I wanted them. I let it
go for now because I wasn't sure I wanted to know just yet.

3-5-2043

Over a week has passed since we arrived. Nothing spectacular has happened at all, in fact
I am really quite bored and ready to go back out on my own journeys mining again. Several of the
team have been in and out on information recon missions but no real happenings to make my ears
perk up. Again being the newest and in least need to know of what is going on I am the last to
find out the missions were into corporate buildings to wire them for more in-depth surveillance.

Tonight was my post to monitor the video and audio in an Omegaton Engineering recruitment firms
mangers office that Alpha-5 did a job interview in and was able to place several devices. Seems
that polymer works well with paint also and can stick to almost anything indefinitely.

For most of the night it was standard after hours office B.S. The manager had a heavy
petting session with some woman that came in half an hour after the offices were closed. They had
both decided they were more hungry then horny and left to go for dinner. So much for the show.
The cleaners came thru a few hours later. Nothing interesting until one of them started rummaging
through drawers and filing cabinets while the other went to clean the office bathroom. A little
zoom of the camera, a quick refocus, then a click of the screen capture button several times.
This got a few pics of the cleaners face and one very nice one of the tattoo on the side of her neck.
It was the woman from the food service area that was watching Doc's friend.

Nothing else interesting happened till around 05:00 when I heard an order given to sweep
Recruiters room for bugs as there were Video and Audio plants found earlier in the V.P.'s office.
Crap! Not having anytime to alert anyone from the team I did the only thing I thought would work.
Shut down the feeds and pray they were not found. The voice I heard was a younger male with an
oriental accent, not gonna guess specifics cause I REALLY have no idea. Its all on tape anyway so
I'm not to worried.

A LOUD squeal emits from one of the audio sensors and nearly blows my eardrums out. Then
one of the monitors flash and a few seconds later the second monitor flashes for a split second.
Now I KNOW why sound men and DJ's never actually wear the headphones. That hurts like hell when
the system feeds back. Anyway I hear a deep voice on the audio feed from outside the office say
the room is clear that no bugs were found. Whew! Shutting them down has saved us from being
caught. Now lets hope I can get them back up and that they actually works after whatever they used
to scan the room pulsed them so hard.

As I scramble to get the bugs back up and functional Alpha-4 walks into the room and asks
whats going on that he heard all the hacking on the keyboard as he was headed to the kitchen for
breakfast. I give him a short run down and he says he will get Alpha-1 and Billy here immediately.

It wasn't long before I had one of the video cameras back and was working on audio that Billy made
it to the observation room and was next to me working on the second camera. I tell him about the
scan and how it effected the audio and I doubted it was operational. He acknowledged I was probably
right but to keep at it. I told him I would try AFTER I tweaked the one in the secretary area so
we might get lucky with that. He agreed just as the second terminal lit up with the other video feed.

Several footsteps could be heard approaching the office on the tile floor just as Alpha-1
entered the room. Billy gave him a rundown on what was happening as I continued to reacquire the
sound in the Recruiters office. Billy did not say a word but pointed to someone in the office next
to the window as Alpha-1 gave a small nod to acknowledge. The audio streamed someone down the hall
whispering instructions to not do ANYTHING until after the documents were proven authentic. They
would know this by their bosses nod and him getting up to open a window and light a cigar.

Billy asked if Alpha-1 had caught that and Alpha-1 said yes. They both asked urgently if
all the feeds were being recorded and were definitely getting the signals. I reassured them that
I had checked that after the scan made that huge squeal that took out the recruiters office audio.
By now the man at the window was sitting at the desk and the two others that scanned the room
were in different tactical places not far from him.

The first monitor shows the office door opening and two men step through it. They are
immediately searched by one of the men already in the office and let by into the room. One
man carrying a briefcase sat down across from the man behind the desk the other between him and
the man at the door. Next a woman came in and was searched as well. She was wearing a flowing
dark dress with brightly colored fish that seemed to wrap around her legs as she walked. As the
two men talked she wandered around the room freely looking EVERYWHERE but the desk where the two
men were looking over a bunch of papers. I'm pretty sure she was looking for bugs herself.

After twenty or so minutes the man with the briefcase nodded and reached in his pocket
and produced two cigars. He snipped the ends of both and reached to hand the man behind the desk
one. As he lit his own cigar he stood and handed the man behind the desk the lighter and pointed
to the window. The man at the desk nodded as he took the lighter and lit his cigar.

As the man with the briefcase made it to the window the woman reached above her head pulling two
long hair sticks out. As she did this the man at the door kicked the man who searched them into the filing
cabinet which in turn made the man by the desk run to assist in the fray. As soon as the second man
left his position the woman stepped behind the man at the desk and jammed both hair sticks into
his neck and pulled him down and to the floor behind the desk. When the man at the window turned
to the desk the window he was standing at shattered as half of his face disappeared in a mist of
red and grey.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Gangs Installment 11 permalink

7-5-2043

Still nothing on the news about the assassination's at the business deal gone wrong we have
witnessed. We still have no idea who was in that room and what was said. Nothing else suspicious
has happened there since that night, and nothing probably will. We assume there is a scramble in
Eudorias corrupt and scandalous corporate elite to replace or take over those two spots held by
the two men that were killed that morning.

I STILL do not know how this ties into us, Doc, or the person Doc was with the day we
found him in the food service area. I think its time I got more direct with Billy and Alpha-1
about what is really going on if I will continue to be involved in all of this. I know this is
important work that is being done here but by what ends will the results serve is my biggest
question.

I think I will go on a mining run today to clear my head and think this through more
before I approach them over this whole situation.
eudoria_mining_chart_-_by_jack_scudd_samuels.jpg

9-5-2043

After a day and a half in the hills far north and east of Argus I return to the house to
stow my gear before I head to town to put the ores I have found on the auction. As I approach the
house I see a nicely dressed woman on the porch talking to a cleaning crew. I hear her tell them
to make sure the house is spotless that new tenants will be coming in two days and to repair the
damage in the back yard near the flower beds the previous tenants did before they left.

Trying not to look suspicious or nosey I trudge by looking as tired and pathetic as I could, only
giving a half hearted wave in any acknowledgment they were there. After a few more paces
I hear footsteps coming up behind me, it is the agent at the door. As she approaches I could smell
expensive perfume she wore and hear the heals of the two thousand PED shoes sink into the soft sand
path between the few houses that were here. She says in a high pitch very non threatening way
"Excuse me!" "Could I ask you a few questions?". I stop and sigh heavily to make it look as though
she had just interrupted the most important moment of my life, and slowly turn to face her.
"May I ask where you are coming from" I just give her a blank stare for a few seconds and
blatantly look past her in the direction I came from to emphasize the point. "Did you happen to see
..She describes Alpha-4 exactly and his friend anywhere in your travels?" I tell her I was up
north mining and didn't notice two love birds frolicking in the woods. She then says "Well they may
not have been alone" "Judging by the damage in the back I think they may have been kidnapped"

hangout after.JPG

I asked her if she had notified the authorities to that possibility and she half laughs "Authorities".
I say to her "Wait" "Come to think of it I did HEAR a large group of people up in the hills" "I couldn't
hear what they were talking about over my extractor" as I point to my pack to a large bag of minerals
I had found. "I think they were following the shoreline north and east maybe"

She gets a big smile on her face and quickly walks back to the house and up the stairs disappearing
without so much as a thank you for the information. Serves her right that I made it all up. I know
she is looking for the team, and I also know they did not go the direction I pointed her in.

Now I need to track down where they really went and why. Heading into town is my best option
as I can sell these ores and get some supplies to live on since all my other gear WAS in that house.
Having only limited resources on me I take a room at the only non corporate lodging available in
Argus and clean up a little before I head to the auction to sell this new ore I have found.

I think more about what to do and I remember the hangar. I will go there before I hit the auction. I know
its plain site in daylight hours but I can always tell anyone that asks why I'm nosing around I am a
writer doing a story on the old time soldiers that made this area safe for us all to be here.

Besides the auction is open twenty four hours a day and I can go there at any time.

9-5-2043 Late afternoon

As I approach the hangar I see that there are many foot prints in the area like a search
party went through looking awfully hard for something. I do a quick look around for anyone hanging
around but do not see anyone. I think its ok to get a closer look so I head for the door. I reach
for Grandfathers Maddox when I see the door is open just past the latch. Sticking close to the wall
I approach the door listening as best I can past the noise of my own heartbeat. I can hear someone
inside but can not determine what is being said or if I recognize the voices.

With a deep breath I decide to go in loud and proud. Just as I reach my foot out to push
the door open it whips open and Alpha-2 turns right into the barrel of my gun. I drop to one knee
as I see a clothesline coming at my face from his right arm. As he spins off balance I push off his
left thigh and roll backwards away from the kick he followed up with. I come to my feet, reset my
stance, and draw down on him again asking what his intentions are. He puts his hands up to say hold
on and states he didn't expect anyone at the door. It only takes a short minute to confirm and
believe him.

I ask what was happening because the house was vacant and there was some real estate lady
thinking there was a kidnapping there. After he got done laughing he said everyone was in the
shuttle stowing gear and getting ready to move out. I get a look on my face that asks the question
and Alpha-2 tells me go see the Boss he will fill me in.

As soon as I enter the hangar Billy calls me over to the control room and he doesn't look
too happy. "Who Authorized you to leave for two days in the middle of a mission"! "What were you
thinking to make you up and leave without so much as a peep to anyone"! "Your Dam lucky we haven't
left yet, another hour and your ass would be staying here"! Not being one to be talked down to I
stand tall and snap back at him "Number one My parents are dead so don't EVER address me like that
I am not your kid" "Number two I don't believe I have been inducted in the Planetary Defense Forces"
"And third I don't remember me agreeing to any "MISSION" I only asked for a ride and maybe cover in
finding an old friend".

With all this covert spy type operations and what I have found out about Doc being involved
with the team I guess tensions are a bit tight. Barring what I saw go down in that office building
I am STILL clueless as to what is happening and where I fit into all this. I hope some light will
be shed on this all before we leave here or shortly after we have left because I'm not sure I want
to go on and NOT be a full part of this and not just another grunt in a battle for someone elses
cause.

10-5-2043

It is now 01:18 as we again take off under cover of darkness. It seems we have an extended
trip which will take us to an undisclosed place in space to meet a freighter coming in from what
is called the Rock. The Rock is an old converted asteroid that was used as a mobile military base
back when the PDF were securing Eudoria and setting up fortifications on the planets surface. It
seems that this installation has been bought by a private investment firm for a very rich person
whom to this day has not been named on paper. This installation has been rehabbed over the past two
years and now has two huge apartment complexes, a mall to supply the inhabitants with necessities,
and an elite dance club for the super rich.

Rendezvous with the freighter is not scheduled until 07:48 so pilot shifts are set along
with a watch for all the electronic monitoring equipment. This gives me a little time to pull Billy
and Alpha-1 aside and sort out where I stand with the team and what ever they are trying to
accomplish.

Last edited:

flamingo

Gangs Installment 11 permalink

7-5-2043

Still nothing on the news about the assassination's at the business deal gone wrong we have
witnessed. We still have no idea who was in that room and what was said. Nothing else suspicious
has happened there since that night, and nothing probably will. We assume there is a scramble in
Eudorias corrupt and scandalous corporate elite to replace or take over those two spots held by
the two men that were killed that morning.

I STILL do not know how this ties into us, Doc, or the person Doc was with the day we
found him in the food service area. I think its time I got more direct with Billy and Alpha-1
about what is really going on if I will continue to be involved in all of this. I know this is
important work that is being done here but by what ends will the results serve is my biggest
question.

I think I will go on a mining run today to clear my head and think this through more
before I approach them over this whole situation.

9-5-2043

After a day and a half in the hills far north and east of Argus I return to the house to
stow my gear before I head to town to put the ores I have found on the auction. As I approach the
house I see a nicely dressed woman on the porch talking to a cleaning crew. I hear her tell them
to make sure the house is spotless that new tenants will be coming in two days and to repair the
damage in the back yard near the flower beds the previous tenants did before they left.

Trying not to look suspicious or nosey I trudge by looking as tired and pathetic as I could, only
giving a half hearted wave in any acknowledgment they were there. After a few more paces
I hear footsteps coming up behind me, it is the agent at the door. As she approaches I could smell
expensive perfume she wore and hear the heals of the two thousand PED shoes sink into the soft sand
path between the few houses that were here. She says in a high pitch very non threatening way
"Excuse me!" "Could I ask you a few questions?". I stop and sigh heavily to make it look as though
she had just interrupted the most important moment of my life, and slowly turn to face her.
"May I ask where you are coming from" I just give her a blank stare for a few seconds and
blatantly look past her in the direction I came from to emphasize the point. "Did you happen to see
..She describes Alpha-4 exactly and his friend anywhere in your travels?" I tell her I was up
north mining and didn't notice two love birds frolicking in the woods. She then says "Well they may
not have been alone" "Judging by the damage in the back I think they may have been kidnapped"

I asked her if she had notified the authorities to that possibility and she half laughs "Authorities".
I say to her "Wait" "Come to think of it I did HEAR a large group of people up in the hills" "I couldn't
hear what they were talking about over my extractor" as I point to my pack to a large bag of minerals
I had found. "I think they were following the shoreline north and east maybe"

She gets a big smile on her face and quickly walks back to the house and up the stairs disappearing
without so much as a thank you for the information. Serves her right that I made it all up. I know
she is looking for the team, and I also know they did not go the direction I pointed her in.

Now I need to track down where they really went and why. Heading into town is my best option
as I can sell these ores and get some supplies to live on since all my other gear WAS in that house.
Having only limited resources on me I take a room at the only non corporate lodging available in
Argus and clean up a little before I head to the auction to sell this new ore I have found.

I think more about what to do and I remember the hangar. I will go there before I hit the auction. I know
its plain site in daylight hours but I can always tell anyone that asks why I'm nosing around I am a
writer doing a story on the old time soldiers that made this area safe for us all to be here.

Besides the auction is open twenty four hours a day and I can go there at any time.

9-5-2043 Late afternoon

As I approach the hangar I see that there are many foot prints in the area like a search
party went through looking awfully hard for something. I do a quick look around for anyone hanging
around but do not see anyone. I think its ok to get a closer look so I head for the door. I reach
for Grandfathers Maddox when I see the door is open just past the latch. Sticking close to the wall
I approach the door listening as best I can past the noise of my own heartbeat. I can hear someone
inside but can not determine what is being said or if I recognize the voices.

With a deep breath I decide to go in loud and proud. Just as I reach my foot out to push
the door open it whips open and Alpha-2 turns right into the barrel of my gun. I drop to one knee
as I see a clothesline coming at my face from his right arm. As he spins off balance I push off his
left thigh and roll backwards away from the kick he followed up with. I come to my feet, reset my
stance, and draw down on him again asking what his intentions are. He puts his hands up to say hold
on and states he didn't expect anyone at the door. It only takes a short minute to confirm and
believe him.

I ask what was happening because the house was vacant and there was some real estate lady
thinking there was a kidnapping there. After he got done laughing he said everyone was in the
shuttle stowing gear and getting ready to move out. I get a look on my face that asks the question
and Alpha-2 tells me go see the Boss he will fill me in.

As soon as I enter the hangar Billy calls me over to the control room and he doesn't look
too happy. "Who Authorized you to leave for two days in the middle of a mission"! "What were you
thinking to make you up and leave without so much as a peep to anyone"! "Your Dam lucky we haven't
left yet, another hour and your ass would be staying here"! Not being one to be talked down to I
stand tall and snap back at him "Number one My parents are dead so don't EVER address me like that
I am not your kid" "Number two I don't believe I have been inducted in the Planetary Defense Forces"
"And third I don't remember me agreeing to any "MISSION" I only asked for a ride and maybe cover in
finding an old friend".

With all this covert spy type operations and what I have found out about Doc being involved
with the team I guess tensions are a bit tight. Barring what I saw go down in that office building
I am STILL clueless as to what is happening and where I fit into all this. I hope some light will
be shed on this all before we leave here or shortly after we have left because I'm not sure I want
to go on and NOT be a full part of this and not just another grunt in a battle for someone elses
cause.

10-5-2043

It is now 01:18 as we again take off under cover of darkness. It seems we have an extended
trip which will take us to an undisclosed place in space to meet a freighter coming in from what
is called the Rock. The Rock is an old converted asteroid that was used as a mobile military base
back when the PDF were securing Eudoria and setting up fortifications on the planets surface. It
seems that this installation has been bought by a private investment firm for a very rich person
whom to this day has not been named on paper. This installation has been rehabbed over the past two
years and now has two huge apartment complexes, a mall to supply the inhabitants with necessities,
and an elite dance club for the super rich.

Rendezvous with the freighter is not scheduled until 07:48 so pilot shifts are set along
with a watch for all the electronic monitoring equipment. This gives me a little time to pull Billy
and Alpha-1 aside and sort out where I stand with the team and what ever they are trying to
accomplish.
do you love writing

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Gangs Installment 12 permalink

10-5-2043 05:30

Most of the Team is catching up on rest before the next phase of the mission what ever that
may be. I have been up the whole night thinking through the events of the past few weeks. I still
wonder if I want to know what in the back of my head has been driving me since the night before the
mission into space from Billy's. Yes it would be easy to go back to Eudoria and wander the rest of
my days mining and trying to survive only to be eradicated at some point by the waves of robots that
will eventually come if what the Team and Billy have told me is true. Billy is on watch in the Com
room so I grab two cups of coffee and head there for a question and answer session to help make up
my mind on what my future holds.

No sooner am I through the door and Billy says he was expecting me at some point of the trip.
Before I could answer he starts to fill me in on what has happened and is happening on Eudoria from
two years ago to the present. He starts with the obvious about the robot wars back on Earth. He
tells me the robots that decimated Earth were made by us as far back as the 1960's when robotics
first became a practiced science.

All was fine as huge hulking robotic arms were designed to make our vehicles and do the work that
was deemed not healthy in the manufacturing and science fields. As time passed and the field
broadened robots were designed to make home life more enjoyable. Yes it was neat to see the
automated vacuum cleaners roving the floors, or even the computercontrolled toy animals for the
kids to play with. Billy tells me that's where the line was drawn.

What we got to see and what the technology held was separated by big corporations doing works of
more unethical natures. Some of the corps were designing and producing robots to mimic human nature,
others to advance science, and at the heart of the most devious.. military robots of war.
Right around the millennia, space exploration was starting to grow in leaps and bounds with
progress in technology in computing. Robots were getting smarter and able to do more because of this.

Companies in the field that were designing robots in a humanoid manner were contracted to make them
to take the place of humans for deep space and planetary expeditions so all the existing space craft
did not have to be scraped or reworked for a different cargo. This in turn brought a resurgence in
religious and doom saying communities regarding man playing God and trying to create life. With this
happening the sciences in bio genetics, bio organism, and cybernetics came under heavy pressure to be
more strongly regulated by a global governmental structure to limit what the science could do on a
moral level.

The more devious of the corporate entities joined forces and began circumventing this
regulation by building a huge space station in Earths orbit under the guise of international unity
for the advancement of space exploration. Having no real laws to abide by in space these corporations
carried out many heinous experiments with genetic mutation all the way into biological warfare.

Some time early in the first decade one of these scientists on that space station lost his mental capacity
for what was real and what was not due to a brain tumor that went undetected for six months of his
one year stay on the station. In his madness he had exposed the space station to an airborne strain
of a virus that promoted mutation in sub tropic botanicals. By accident his mislabeling of controlled
test samples with that of completed non mutinous strains bound for Earth were sent planet side to
help battle the need for much larger crop yields.

As we all know, what happens in a controlled lab is not necessarily what happens when science
is released into an ever changing and non structural environment. This virus was undetected for three
years on Earth as it mutated again and again as crops grown with it were treated with chemicals to
enhance crop yields even further. Eventually as all viruses do, it again mutated, this time into a
strain that would carry over into biological organisms.

Millions of people were affected by this but it was found in its early form and science again worked to
cure the masses. Not wanting to spread mass panic both the big corporations and the governments
covered up the problem and isolated whole countries with a no travel policy due to what they called
Bird flu. The news media was fed what to tell in regards to this and any form that was not cooperative
was bought or totally shut down immediately.

As time went by the virus mutated again and again, both the corporations and the governmental
division of disease control were unable to stop its rampant spread. At some point it was decided that
no further human contact with these countries could be made. The science of robots was called on to
be the saving entity that would fix this problem.

Cybernetic robots were programmed with a new form of artificial intelligence like no other to be
seen in history. This new AI would let these cyborgs function on their own in a medical capacity to
help distribute medicines and treat the people affected safely with no further human exposure. Over
the next four years the role these robots played was stepped up into a higher level of intelligence
that let them logically preform experiments to keep up with the ever changing strains of this virus.
Their main function was to find and eliminate any and all strains possible to ensure the survival of
Earth.

2012 was the year all prophecies told to be the last year of the human race. How freakishly
accurate this was because in the year 2013 a flesh eating strain of this virus broke lose in a small
mountain community where robots were carrying out research to stop this very thing. This strain was
so evolved it had started to eat the cybernetic skin and organs of the robots that were designed to
save the world. As these robots began to die off they went into a self proclaimed survival mode.

They had issued orders that the only way to truly stop the virus was eradication of any and all
organisms carrying it including the old cybernetic robots themselves. Having full access to whatever
recourses was needed they began to produce a warrior strain of robot to begin elimination of the
diseased beings that inhabited Earth. Some of these were also made to take over the old military
installations that were locked down and abandoned when governments and corporations pulled out of
these countries that had the viruses.

This new Gang of Robots had evolved themselves into what they are today. A very task oriented
efficient race of robots with one goal to motivate and rule them. Survival. In their final strike to rid
Earth and themselves of the virus the space station was actually shot out of orbit by missiles from
sites that were taken over and reactivated by these new stronger and more intelligent robots.

Next came the destruction of the cybernetic species of robots on Earth. The robots knew
these were limited to a small area in the mountains of China and in the colder reaches of the
Antarctic. Tactical nukes were used by the robots to destroy any form of contamination to their own
species prior to turning the cleansing on to the rest of Earths population.

Once the robots began this tactical destruction certain corporations and the government had
initiated a failsafe program conceived at the time the virus was found on the planet for the
survival of the human race. An asteroid that passed Earth once in a thousand or so years was to be
the vehicle on which this plan was to be executed to ensure the human race lived on. Science and
Military personnel were sent to this rock to develop a habitat to support life on its surface while
probes were sent from it to find a suitable new world for the human race to continue.

Bio domes were built to provide food to feed the lucky few that were allowed to escape the devastation
happening on Earth. Housing and Science labs were setup to restart synthetic manufacturing to supply
troops and the general population with its needs to go on. Twenty seven Earth years had passed before
Calypso was found and deemed a suitable planet to habitate and restart the human race. The Asteroid
we were heading to was the one that brought us from Earth and let us go on with life.

We were here to meet with a few of the original descendants of the scientists who were developing
new ways to fight the robotic rebellion should it make its way off Earth and follow us here to Calypso.
We are interrupted by an incoming coded transmission announcing the arrival of the freighter
we are meeting. Billy turns to the task of scheduling the meeting leaving the story to hang out,
unfinished and my dilemma unresolved.

10-5-2043 11:37 hours

The freighter is now next to us and the airlock is being setup to allow us to move between
the ships without the use of spacesuits. Alpha-3 and 4 are suited up to do the first walk to make
sure the airlock is in fact safe and to do a quick security sweep of the freighter to ensure no
ambush or other unexpected problems arise. Alpha-1 asks Billy if the quarantine was setup for the
dna samples and the portable data storage has been formatted. Billy says Alph-2 took care of that
and he was set to met our friends from the asteroid.

The all clear is given and Billy calls for Alpha-2 to meet him at the airlock to go make
the transfer of data and samples that were brought for us. As Billy and Alpha-2 meet at the air
lock the woman that killed the man at that meeting in Argus emerges from what I thought was a
storage area for our gear and goes directly to the other ship without even a glance to anyone here
watching.

Alpha-2 returns to the ship and tells Alpha-1 the mission is a go and that we can head for
the asteroid resort as planned. Billy did not come back with him. I am told to man the Com room for
the next six hour shift and to make sure ANY signals received be it sub space to a local radar ping
is to be relayed to Alpha-1 immediately.

10-5-2043 15:00 hours

Alpha-1 enters the Com room and quietly sits at a terminal behind me and looks over the
status and position of the ship in regards to the asteroid. He says Billy told him he had started to
fill me in on what was really happening and that he would continue where he left off if I was
interested to know. I have been hanging around Billy far to much lately as my only answer was HIS
typical grunt and nod.

Alpha-1 begins to fill me in on the asteroid. The asteroid he says was a secret mission
started before the robots were used back on Earth so the world had a failsafe were any new ways to
battle the viruses unsuccessful. Only two governments and five of the worlds largest most predominant
corporations knew and invested in this effort. Many secret space shuttle missions were made to a
second space station that was built to stay on the far side of the moon. This was all covered up by
manipulation of the public through the news media dismissing the many launches as the popular
phenomenon U.F.O.'s.

Over the course of five years ALL the technology science had produced in regards to terra-
forming was sent to this station. Five thousand people were selected from the military, any major
science field, and corporate and governmental entities. NONE that were selected had any ties to
Earth and most had been for lack of a better term killed off on paper according to officials back
on Earth.

One year before the asteroid actually passed Earth, missions were launched to begin building
suitable habitation on the rock. Housing and atmospheric producing machines were set up first. Then
plastic tunnels to several areas of the rock were made. Next was a geothermal power station and two
bio domes to start producing food and oxygen so the station was not fully reliant on power draining
machinery to produce it using chemo mechanics.

Finely as the asteroid passed Earth the main bulk of people to populate the rock would be moved
en-mass by teleporter technology that had been developed in the last century in an effort to reduce
global pollution issues exaggerated by mass transit.

Once the rest of the materials and personnel were on the asteroid more construction and
research began. After a year of unstable robot behavior on Earth it was determined they would not be
as heavily relied upon for this mission to save the human race. In its finished design the asteroid
project had two huge housing complexes separated by many kilometers in case one got wiped out by some
form of disaster.

It had a massive research complex that was both above ground for normal research and below the surface
for many of the newer technologies so containment could be guaranteed unlike what had happened on
the first space station. Four huge medical complexes were set up in key areas but only two were ever
active at any given time. All four were maintained and stocked equally. Finally twenty massive bio-domes
were set up to provide food, a breathable atmosphere, and a place to start cloning some of the more
important animal species required for human survival.

For twelve Earth years this asteroid drifted through space and was a growing and efficient
base of operations for many science fields. The main one being terraforming and the search for a
suitable planet to habitate and ensure the survival of the human race. Nothing significant had
crossed the asteroids path within a reachable distance to begin development. In the later part of
that year it was discovered that a HUGE planet was right in the path of the asteroid. It was feared
we would become the planet killer we were so afraid would strike Earth and wipe out any form of life
on it. How fittingly ironic to come to an end in this manor.

As the frantic race to find a solution to this now inevitable demise a small space station
was quickly designed and built in a matter of two months. Again this would be mankind's only way of
survival. Only five hundred people would be able to go should the need arise and a solution to the
asteroids destruction not be found. It was determined that the last minute launch place of this
space station would be in an orbit around one of the three moons around this planet in our path.
At least they would be close enough to a planet capable of being habitated with minimal terraforming
after the atmosphere cleared in several years from the asteroids crashing into it.

On the day of the space stations launch scientists had measured a significant shift in the
asteroids trajectory as it passed the first of the three moons. This peeked the whole science
communities interest as the possibility of being pushed away from the main planet grew larger by the
hour. The launch window for the space station was halfway between the first and second moons and was
fast approaching. A decision had to be made to launch or take the huge risk we will be pushed out
far enough no impact with the planet would occur. The launch was a go. All plans would be followed
by the letter, no mistakes or second guesses could be a luxury we could afford.

When they hit the location to launch the space station it was again noted the asteroid was
obviously being influenced by the moons and the planets gravity. Again its trajectory was changed.
The launch was made with no significant problems and the habitants were beginning to teleport to
their new home. Only a short window to get all the people to the station was available as the third
moon was fast approaching and the teleporters only worked line of sight at this point in time.

When the asteroid had transitioned to the exiting phase for the second moons gravity another big
change was monitored. In fact the change was so big it had affected the whole structure that housed
them on the asteroid. Several tunnels had cracked and imploded due to the huge pressure change. One
of medical facilities had completely broke free and was lifting off the asteroids surface in the
direction of the second moon. It was near impossible for anyone on the asteroid to move or do
anything because they were light enough the change in gravity literally pinned them to the walls and
ceilings of the structures they were in. Only automated containment doors and structures had saved
them from losing the entire facility to lack of a breathable atmosphere.

10-5-2043 15:43 hours

The outer landing approach beacon started to sound through the communications channel left
open to hear landing procedures for the asteroids facility. Alpha-1 gave me a frequency to tune to
and identify ourselves as a private hunting outfitter with passengers for a weeks hunting excursion.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Gangs Installment 13 permalink

11-5-2043

Docking went smoothly and not a person even looked at us twice. So many things happening in the
spaceport that we looked almost normal with all the hunters geared up for the kill, and their fans
that were there to cheer them on. Evidently there is a huge competition happening this evening and
many of Calypso's famous were here to compete. As we were lead to the televator that would bounce us
to the housing area we were to stay at I got a glimpse of someone off by the wall watching us a tad
more intently then I would like. I have never seen the armor he had on first hand but EVERYONE knows
that burgundy color since it is one of the most prestigious armor made.

Right before we flashed to the housing area I tapped Alpha-1 and nodded in the direction of the
person watching us. He almost seemed like he wanted to go after that person on sight. I tried to
initiate a response to his reaction by asking why someone would need Protector of the Empire armor
for a simple hunting competition. His response was "So someone like me can't kill him out right on
sight". I respond "close personal friend" and get back "you could say that" "We served together on a
security detail at Jason Center that failed because he sold us out" "That's probably how he earned that
fancy armor he is wearing".

I inquire if that is or is part of the reason we are here. Alpha-1 responds he is not sure but
we will probably find he ties in somehow to something not right up here. I ask him now that we are
secure and in a private place why Billy has separated from us and if his mission is tied to ours and
what happened in that office back on Eudoria. He tells me he can not say at this time.

The rest of the day is spent setting up the apartment we have rented with security and all the
surveillance equipment. It was now time to go join the festivities happening that evening so we did not
draw suspicion in our direction. Aplha-3 and Alpha-5 had joined the actual competition while Alpha-1
went out to take on some of the bigger creatures in a few of the domes not used in the contest that
evening. I decided to get dressed and go wander amongst the crowd to get a feel for the less frantic
parts of our mission.

Most of the non competitive activities were happening at the dance club and shopping areas of
resort. The owner of the resort does commentary live during his competitions and that streams through
out the complex so everyone can keep track of their favorite hunter. Betting on these events is not
a formal afair but is highly encouraged and there are people on every corner and in every room taking
bets on anything from number of kills to who wins the fashion show afterwards.

It is amazing how I can picture this space station as it was long ago from the detail that Billy
and Alpha-1 have described it in. I can see each of the shops as busy, highly secure labs with people
themselves closed in there like animals on exhibit. The only difference is the huge statue of the old
universe that rotates in the main room where the main televators and emergency stairs were leading down
to the corporate and military private labs. Not wanting to draw too much attention by looking around on
my own I decided it best to take one of the guided tours of the facility along with twenty or so other
people up here for a vacation. The rest of my night was spent in the club doing normal tourist stuff
and observing who was who in this world away from worlds and not trying to get into trouble my first
night here.

12-5-2043

It got boring with all the fawning over the hunters and the repetitive chatter over who was
best and did or did not do well that night. The only conversation that held my interest was one
regarding the run of good mining happening lately in the mid level domes. I had gone to bed early in
hopes of a quiet mining run in one of the lesser domes with more docile creatures less apt to eat you
for breakfast. This run was delayed by a short team meeting that designated the days activities for
each team member in regards to our over all mission here.

Alpha-3 and 5 were to keep up their cover as hunters and to get involved in as many competitions
as were offered, not to mention try to gain invites to any teams involving people on our list of
objectives. Alpha-2 is our eyes and ears on the surveillance detail while Alpha-1 will go after the
main target as a businessman. I was to make contact with Billy and his new friend and infiltrate
that part of the operation to keep eyes off Billy's doings as much as possible.

Billy's cover gave him good movement within the domes, and even favor amongst the scientific
community on this asteroid. He and the woman that was at the office meeting were posing as
paleo-botanists researching some of the natural plant life on Calypso and how human contact with it
would effect both the environment and us as a new species here. There was a meeting between Billy and
Omegatons science team in dome four around 10:00 to go over the sedative effects of a certain plant
to one of Calypso's most aggressive creatures called the Atrox. Many places on Calypso are heavily
populated with them and too many people were getting killed trying to go about daily life in these
areas.

A small security team was assigned to the experiment as dome four has been set up as a
breeding facility for Atrox. I got into dome four just before 9:30 hours to do a quick assessment of
the layout and what possible places for securing a live team if things went wrong there were. I even
tested the waters so to speak to see how aggressive these little critters were. As my uncles would say
"WHOA DOGGIE!" "That was like kickin a bees nest after the bear had raided it". Aggressive was an
understatement. If I didn't know better I would say these nasty buggers acted like the packs of Wild
Wolves back on Earth. They definitely have a higher understanding for what is called "Pack Law" or
'Pack Mentality" it was amazing to see how several did a frontal assault while others peeled off to
swing in from the sides, and how they called others to join in to protect the young and females
feeding in the safety of a lower area in the dome.

I am so glad I had gotten the A103 amplifier for my Justifier, the knock down power it added is what
probably saved me by letting me cut a path through the line of Atrox attacking me. I was able to
maneuver to a small hill by the dome wall that cut off the Atrox from totally surrounding me. It was a
tough battle but non the less the MOST fun I have had on a hunt in a long time. Twelve Atrox dropped
in that battle alone. I am glad for the experience as I know now how they function and what to expect
should an attack like this happen again.

After a short rest I started to skin the Atrox I had killed as the hides have good value to
the fashion community for custom tailored clothing. I heard them getting closer as they followed the
wall to avoid being attacked themselves. The team Billy was with had come into the dome and were now
approaching my position. I stand up and give them a greeting to show I was not hostile to them. I
even issued a warning to where the main herd was and what it had done to defend its cast.

The Science team I guess was feeling quite proud and sure of their accomplishments. They gave me a
few small viles of what they had made to "save me from a major attack" as the product was supposed to
repress that long line of aggressive behavior by chemically suppressing the urge to hunt. It was an
aerosol type agent so it kind of made sense it would work on a small pack if they got too close or too aggressive.

Shortly before that team moved on we had all heard the sounds of blp weapons to the east on
the far side of the dome. Someone else was here hunting so that would mean the Atrox would be
especially alert with all the noise going on so close. The team got all excited and ready to test the
product in an even less controlled more hostile condition then planned. Even the wanna be security
detail became more warry because they knew what could potentially happen. I volunteered my services to
the expedition should the need arise. I told them to come to here if they needed extra fire power if
things went bad. I knew I would be here a while skinning all these animals.

12-5-2043 Late afternoon

I had stopped the skinning as soon as the team had gotten far enough away and immediately
began to follow their trail to keep an eye on things. I watched for a few hours as the security team
picked off a few smaller Atrox and isolated a smaller herd and began to move them away from the main
herd for their test. I was not close enough to hear any of the conversations but recognized some of
the hand signals used that they were about to start the test. I can only assume the plan was to
release the aerosol within the herd and then have the security team approach it while the scientists
observed and documented the behavior.

It was a small herd of maybe twenty five Atrox of various ages and sexes. A herd that small
should be easily containable with five members on the security force that were well armed and had
decent armor. Since the domes were fully enclosed not to mention out in space there was no wind to
speak of to move the aerosol to the herd. The Science team had brought compressed air tanks that
had dispersion nozzles designed to feed the chemicals into a forced air stream in a highly directional
manor.

The ok was given to start the test. The aerosol was loaded into the nozzles and sprayed in
the direction of the isolated herd. Having no idea how long it would take for the chemicals to reach
the herd, or what effect it would have, a ten minute wait was issued before the team was to approach
the herd. Not expecting an adverse reaction the security team had let their guard down since they
had a few minutes before they were to move out. I learned this lesson the hard way with the Atrox
female at Billy's that attacked me. I was about to approach the team just to get closer incase
something went wrong when the whole herd turned at once and began a full frontal attack on the
expedition. I crashed through a few bushes to get to where they were headed and warn the people,
unfortunately my voice was not heard over the roaring of the approaching Atrox.

The security team scrambled to get weapons to the ready as the first Atrox flew over a
bush and landed squarely on the teams leader. As fast as it appeared it had taken one swift slash
at its targets throat and completely severed his head in one clean shot. Realizing to run there
would be to late to help I pulled up my Marber and scoped a larger one headed straight for Billy.
As I squeezed of the first round the Atrox dropped just in front of Billy who had grabbed the woman
and was dragging her away from where the attack was happening.

Three scientists had been killed already as they froze in panic. The fourth had made his way
to the dispersal unit and was spraying the aerosol in every direction in hopes it would stop the
attack. Billy saw it was me that shot from the side and turned to my direction dragging the woman
as best he could. I switched to my Justifier for a faster rate of fire as six of the Atrox were now
headed in my direction. I had dropped three before Billy had reached my position. The whole time I
was shooting I had automatically been backing my way to the wall like I did for the first attack earlier.
I felt a tug on my side as Billy snatched the Maddox from its holster and passed it to the woman. As
I took down the fourth Atrox they had made it to our position. With two left I was splitting my rounds
between the two to keep their attention on me since I was the only one with Armor. Billy ripped the
fast aid pack from my shoulder pouch and started back to the area where the attack started, picking
up my Marber on the way.

Between the woman and myself we dropped the two Atrox fast and were free to aid the others.
By now only two security members were left standing and only the head scientist remained as Billy
arrived back there to help the wounded. I could smell the blood as I got into the clearing where
bodies were tossed after being shredded by the Atrox's claws and teeth.

Knowing the predatory nature of Atrox I suggested we move out away from this area before we did
anything else as more were sure to come. We were almost dead center along the east wall in the dome
so I gave the order to head south along the wall to get away from that area. Billy grabbed the last
scientist by the arm and started to patch his wounds as we walked away from the camp. The girl and I
took point as the remaining two security guards covered our backs.

I saw movement ahead of us but wasn't sure what direction it was headed so I gave the hand
signal to stop and look in that direction. I saw two small Atrox headed for us noses in the air, I saw
at least six others peel off and run to the west across the dome looking exactly like the ones that
had attacked, uninhibited and very angry. I raised my Justifier and scoped the smaller of the two as
I knew I could drop it in four rounds. The woman brought the Maddox to the ready as the first one
dropped, a look of worry vanished from her face as the second turned off to follow the others that
crossed the dome. In the distance to the north we heard the familiar sound of blp weapons firing in
what seemed like one steady stream.

By now we all realized the experiment was a failure and in fact had the complete opposite effect on
the Atrox as was thought. The last scientist made the statement that it could not have been what they
were working on in the labs down below because it was tested in controlled environment on single
Atrox for each test.

Silence. No noise was heard, no Atrox shrieks, no weapons firing, not even smaller animals
scurrying through the underbrush. In my experience this is NEVER a good thing as it usually means
a larger predator is close. I look at Billy as soon as I pick up on this awkward silence and see he
has the exact same thought. Without a sound he grabs the woman by the hand and ducks low and close
to the wall as he can possibly get moving fast in the direction of the nearest telepad out of here.

I follow just as swiftly as he begins to move, only the scientist was dumb enough to make a sound.
As I hit the wall and made the turn south again part of a human leg hit the wall above me
splattering blood on the wall as if it was a paintball shot from an air gun. The Atrox roared with
triumph and gave that guttural grunting noise to let the others know the hunt was on and where to go.
Two rounds from a laser rifle then a scream follows shortly after the alert was sounded.

Staying as low as possible I could move fairly well under the foliage along the wall like a rabbit running
from a wolf. I saw the end wall of the dome above the scrub and yelled to Billy to cut across the open
area to the cannons by the telepad. Billy runs a little further down the wall before he stands vertical to
begin his sprint for the safety of the cannons.

Billy drags the woman passed the cannon closer to the telepad and gives her a shove in that direction.
As she moves off Billy raises the Marber to his shoulder and squeezes off a round right in my direction. As the
weapon sizzles and releases that familiar blue beam of plasma over my head I hear an Atrox scream
in pain as the round finds its mark. Unfortunately not before it had snatched the last of the guards
and chewed him in half right through his armor. The two cannons at the end of the dome begin a long
steady burst as Billy disappears into the Telepad I am fast approaching.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Gangs installment 14 permalink

12-5-2043 17:55 hours

As we enter the hangar area we ported to so no one would pick up on anything wrong in the
control area I catch a glimpse of the burgundy armor rounding a corner heading away from us. I look
to Billy and the woman to make sure they are not injured and give Billy our signal to split up. Billy
leads the woman to a tunnel and heads off to the housing area. I turn to follow the strange man
in the Protector of the Empire armor.

I got to the main passage just in time to again see him turn into one of the docking bays. It
was third from the end so I could walk past and try to assess what to do next and not look suspicious
by not entering a different hangar. As I got near to that hangar I could hear a mans voice sternly
instructing someone else to make sure dome four was shut down and a walk through was made for
surviving team members. They were to be questioned on events that happened and then silenced so no
trail could be directed back to that facility. Any gear was to be destroyed at the sight and the area
made to look like a fire had started from a hunters laser fire into the dry brush.

No one was visible or obviously guarding the door to that hangar so I stepped just inside the
small foyer area between the passageway and the hanger itself. I was able to see the back of the man
in the P.o.E. armor waving his hands starting the trance needed to teleport. A younger man in a lab
coat was closing a metallic case used for biomedical material transportation, and a man in a flight
suit heading into the ship that was in the hangar. I scratched the name of the ship into the paint of
my armor so I would not forget it along with the Space Commissions licensing number. Whoosh, the
familiar sound of the air pressure change when a person teleports away.

Something strikes me weird but I do not pick up on what. I am intently watching what is
happening in that hangar. The man in the flight suit emerges from the craft with a smaller case like
the one on the table. He gives instructions to the lab coated man to switch the viles in the lab with
the ones in that case and to bring the others back to him by 19:00 for his departing flight.

I quickly duck out of the foyer and run to the next hangar door and step through. A quick scan
tells me it is empty and I head straight for the pilots locker room there to use the com terminal to
contact Alpha-1. I inform him of the events in the hangar I just witnessed and he asks for more info
of what transpired in the dome earlier. I tell him I will debrief later that he needs to check on Billy
and friend if possible and to recon dome four fast before that team can clean it of any evidence.

I wait for twenty or so minutes then leave the hangar I am in to head for the lab area to see what I can
learn there. As I move through the passages I see Alpha-3 and 5 heading to the control room. I can
only assume they have been assigned to dome four. On the way to teleport to the lab areas I see
Alpha-1 in full combat gear headed for the telepad in the control room. All is in motion whatever that
maybe as I am not fully aware of what has transpired today other then it was not a good thing. Being
too much in my thoughts and not my surroundings I run smack into the pilot from the hangar as I round
a corner a little too fast for one not paying attention. We bounce off of each other into others in the
passageway and that makes the pilot lose his balance for a split second. As he hops around trying to
regain his balance the case he is carrying hits the wall and pops open spilling documents all over
the floor.

Acting like this was all an accident I immediately start apologizing to him while stating I should probably
wear my glasses so I don't bump into people like that. I reach for the line stripe shades we used earlier
and bend down on hands and knees helping to pick up the mess I had created. In his panic the pilot
started to shove the documents into the case crumbling and folding handfuls of paper.

I grab him by the wrist and calmly tell him to slow down as he didn't want those papers ruined or he
would have to reprint them all. Not looking up from the documents because I was busy snapping digital
images of as many of these as I could and to make sure he didn't see my face I got him to slow down and
be more careful of what he was doing.

After all the commotion died down I made my way to the lab areas to have a look around. Not
much was going on and I didn't see ANY activity in any of the labs above the shops in the main complex.
That only meant one thing to me. The labs below were still in use and there was some way down to them
not in public view. As soon as I returned to the apartment to wait for the rest of the team to return,
I went to our designated com room to make sure Alpha-2 received all of what I captured for the last
hour.

The next few hours were spent reviewing the events in dome four and going over all the pictures
of the documents I was able to photograph.

13-5-2043

It was late morning before the whole team was at the apartment and able to debrief the events
of the last 24 hours. It seems the man in the P.o.E. armor was someone of power here as it took less
then thirty minutes for dome four to be closed due to a fire. I hope our guys got something of use
before the "Accidental fire" did its work.

Everyone was in the debriefing room except Alpha-1 at 11:30 hours. Billy had organized the
meeting so his absence does not seem out of place.... yet. Billy starts this meeting by introducing the
woman he has been with since we met up with the freighter. It seems she is playing double agent at the
moment. She has been working with Doc for over a year bouncing back and forth from Fort Argus to the
asteroid gathering as much intel as possible on three of the huge corporations that are rooted in
Fort Argus. She has also been giving intel to the fourth of the companies that make up the holding
company that bought Argus from the government regarding the team and what they are doing.

Alpha-2 debriefs us on the Data files and the DNA samples he brought back from the freighter
and the roll they may play later on. It seems that one of the potential plans to force Calypsos
population into voluntary slavery is to use a few of the special breeds of creatures here on the
asteroid for attacks on cities and heavily populated areas to cut down the population able to revolt.
From what they have learned the few strange creatures being bred and raised in the larger domes are
all just simple lab experiments on a larger scale. They are not testing the creatures but testing
our adaptability to finding ways to eradicate the monstrosities and how long in between until that
method becomes efficient.

Alpha-3 and 5 give their report on the happenings in the dome after we were able to get out.
They had made it to the exact spot where the experiment failed to find every Atrox in the dome totally
in an irrational state nothing near their normal behavior. The level of aggression throughout the
dome was very intense which made it hard to accomplish the mission. They were able to download the
video gear there that recorded much of the experiment. They said they were also able to pull body
parts from other areas where unaware hunters had been decimated and leave them among the teams victims.
They also placed fake ID's of Billys cover persona and erased our escape path before the dome was
closed by the "Fire team" there to put out the fires that happened in the dome.

Billy gave a detailed rundown of the failed experiment which accounted for my roll there and began
the debate over the outcome. The conclusion we arrived at was this. Obviously someone wanted the
experiment to look like a failure. They also wanted ANY person involved with it dead so some form
of chemical had replaced the real ones to attract and aggravate the Atrox to attack. This being said we
also determined the true experiment to be a success otherwise whoever was responsible would not have to
do such an elaborate coverup. Now the question remains who is controlling all this, what is the need
for such a coverup, and finally what is the real experiments product to be used for.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
So here we are at the halfway point. Whats your thoughts so far? Everyone still ok with the release days for this?

Gangs installment 15 permalink

15-5-2043 10:00 hours

Omegaton Industries
Defense Department
Bureau of Planetary Affairs.

10-5-2043

To: Marco Brenaman Logisitics and Support MACorp LLC
CC: Grady Heineman Lead Scientist RDI Defense Contractors, Traci Hammond Rockwell Field
Service Manager Omegaton West Developement corp, Harry Tambouros, Larry Sinclair, Harold
J. Westinghouse Tamburos, Sinclair and Westinghouse LLP for Trinity Holding Corp LLC

Dear Mr Brenaman,
We are pleased to inform your company that the final tests for the product Contract #
165-34458-02 will be completed on 12-5-2043. Should all go as planned the results will be passed
forward to Major General Heinrich Shultz of the Planetary Defense council for review and acceptance
according to the above mentioned contract. Should the testing fail a detailed report on the project
will be issued within one week to be reviewed for further disposition per contract term 134.6
section 24 paragraph 3.

We wish you and your companies many successes with this project and your continued support for
the security and habitation of Calypso.

Best Regards,
Simone DeBorg'
Senior Administrator
Trinity Arms Research and Manufacturing.

15-5-2043 10:15 hours

Omegaton Industries
Defense Department
Bureau of Planetary Affairs.

10-5-2043

To: Marco Brenaman Logisitics and Support MACorp LLC
CC: Grady Heineman Lead Scientist RDI Defense Contractors, Traci Hammond Rockwell Field
Service Manager Omegaton West Developement corp, Harry Tambouros, Larry Sinclair, Harold
J. Westinghouse Tamburos, Sinclair and Westinghouse LLP for Trinity Holding Corp LLC

Dear Mr Brenaman,
We are pleased to inform your company that the final tests for the product Contract #
165-34458-02 were completed on 12-5-2043 with satisfactory results. All of the tests data along with
the materials and specification sheets will be forwarded to Major General Shultz's offices by end of
this business day.

Our condolences to the families of the employees that were lost in that tragic accident
following that days success. We here at Omegaton offer any cooperation necessary in the investigation
regarding the incompetence of the security team hired to keep our people safe from just such a terrible
incident. A memorial for those lost will be held here on Amethera on 17-5-2043 while a scholarship
fund in honor of Dr. Ping will be established in his memory.

Best Regards,
Simone DeBorg'
Senior Administrator
Trinity Arms Research and Manufacturing.

15-5-2043 10:30 hours

Alpha-2 had salvaged these two documents intact from the pictures I had taken after the run in
with that pilot. Billy took a minute to look them over then passed it on to Alpha-1 who had finally
returned to the apartment after being gone for three full days with no contact. Billy suggested we
get a hold of Doc for this and pass this info on. It seems the person he was meeting with at Argus
is the same person who signed these two letters.

Billy and Alpha-2 were busy rationalizing the second letter calling the experiment a success
when a whole team was lost. I reread both letters several times before it clicked in my head. BOTH
letters were written or at least typed up on the same day. How could they know what the results were
two days before the test was run. It was a nicely planned cover up to blame a security team for being
careless with laser weapons in an area where chemical testing was happening. Thus the fake fire in
the dome to make it look like one of the security team discharged his weapon and started a massive fire
after it ignited the chemicals used during the test.

I told them both the documents were in the pilots possession who was in that same hangar with
the man in the P.o.E. armor Alpha-1 had gone after. This confirms Alpha-1's suspicion and comment
earlier that we would find he was involved in something bad up here. I asked Alpha-1 if he had in fact
caught up to or met the man in P.o.E. and he said "No" "Marco must have some new teleport technology
that allows him to safely teleport around this facility" "No one else has that technology so I am
guessing that is how people are getting in and out of the labs below the surface"

Billy grunts and looks around the room as if there were more then the three of us there. A
slight smile comes across his face as he utters three words... "Remember the A.L.A.M.O." The only
response to that was "Ill make the call" from Alpha-1. Billy tells me he will tell me what that is
once we get the clearance to obtain it for use. All I can do is grunt back at him and make a face to
show my disapproval.

15-5-2043 19:30 hours

Alpha-2 interrupts dinner as he came crashing into the dining room waving paper he was able
to reproduce from my pictures. He tells Alpha-1 there may be a problem with us going back to Argus in
the near future. He hands Alpha-1 this page from the photos.

5-5-2043

To: MarBren068@LaSMACLLC.org
CC:

Subject: FYEO Meeting 5-3-2043

Marco, the following attachment is coded for your eyes only. There was a hit the other night
in one of our offices. It seems we have a huge problem on our hands now.

Elise.

Attachment scanned no viruses found. For virus information go to HTTP://CWW.Ziplex_avlabs.gov

Attachment:

Ñ5æ¿ûEº'Ûµ]£Û¬!‚>ùii³ëa+W§^Št¨*
”£éÕ ¡ìM»9š,°äâ6äãz¯7ŠdÁªÁ($à
—ÂZ|ª]â'-QìúcôbÕÒ;ilîÍöûÜcZ
-µõShõèñ?ELOzŒF¾=ÆFz>Ñ,©×]–64_ôÝð
Á–ÔÇ¥³Á
!»Î˜ ÿÿ ! ÷)¥Eh !3VÄHmæÓ>š\ÞoÆ[ëAýŒ4z"
b ÷)k›€åXüÏÛ¬Ž<e7›¹^]o•45N5BÓ yëQÆ6ÔÏÚ9àÝœûâ{
*F#曤ø"qFÔ¼IiMÔ¢ü—cŸúÞ®«
ºH‰‰S!ê
Ÿ¾²ˆ5–ÞŽÂXù]Œæ»ŽÈFymÖßGÍy=÷,¤T†uf}(²2#gyŽŠ”¼d9U
¬#û[ìmz|[ý‹Èk=ÏŠÜ0Ñ÷vPwOð·ÈùIsvϴ¤µÛ‹úöÛbT

6wª§\úÌEóþ³Ê;Þ7lùß?jΦP_fÙ"Îþé#ÜAÏåSðd 2‚NÕcÆÑÅýk5ûM\Lñn}¼‡@ºL†éc¼‚ˆn¬çœCˆßc¬Ï-:&:í߉K
+Z _Ô Ëü½çxk”ÊÃé†ÍñÔ~çÚG®‘b¹úãwl•‰¿úŽc\?É»¡ÀºúkA¬¤3 !çBÿÿ ÷)Ehà–†ô=‡y!Òš; ëð>š
öhIÿP ä ÷)+\€ÅÁÕÚ<Šq°4Ml[J‡ÊÓºzàËéñʦ
SZG¬³62€
Îhʉ"d´®JÞ=Ûàz¿Ùm eÑ]«Ÿ_xº{Ì9•àÀ
§Åö‘¯½æ!ƽúŸ–•ëFú?©Ò}ãúª+#”Ž«ÔXý3‡•Z 7%ìݨ9Ê…c,‡Û±Õò¤‚U´#!•‚Cnm‹‡dÙ!B»Éóv€ýr1ÑÅ玟.j H¡£ØB‘x*‡üÆ˱}U
k44SШh
q
ÍûK¡E9wz…·„@Ý•t¢E󦋡ÏʤŽ%k„á¹ðãRe <Ö>¿‹+2$Z`y€È!b®Ýíö&ðþé A•uuú¾ö3ÜVÿÿ
÷)ÀÜ‘vk\5^ xã™™†ò£=þ…T²„áU C ÷)s^
Ø€ý!ú WLMÀ3W¬Pç‘Q9/¶Ä\¶qC”Åt’0zS
7z—Lg˜¯¡Y5Ö=<‰óDlz2¦•ÜÞ¼9…áL·tE§š0d…‹Â,Ù6•¨Ht ö9õŽhcŒJúÅWßpfÏȯüÌ?ô<M9T?íé–;äU¹ìtcHUÔ‘l%îB¢ 0Îí5
äºÐ.t±‚ã¹ole·é)Û@QçkÏ8½Á$?™„ ¢çÐúGqíì!é–Û7ǹ‘ÏSƒÏÊé0×u†¿&z’Úí¡„v·®â/§h’<c!øÕA^‰_¬±á±"ëtÂ÷5ÝÎ
vÜ1øœˆS¨õÉý/ÙÞ‰¼ A²
¨Às0ªÓ/±Ö¡Ö½«"˜±ƒ¾¢ÇÍC‰É:óñ?Á™ø߆šáä¢[êZR€O鶯aF³ÄGÈãc]ùN·ÞÒ@Ím¡rf‰EXÑ:™ßÅ
÷v‰Œ„k&÷¹¯§Ç@¾}Ÿòqk
!<!¼wç2,Ûyù\—¥Ü˺O߇•¯øNíƒ/ ˜ùx%äÚHϼرk<ÔeOÀ*%17ˆttåÛzQ}>ÄÎ
$8ì 燂'_¢S$8V!ã–Dã_<“¶5Ûœaìã¿ëi9¼ÞŸÚ§¯)†™ +ŽV8Ù]®!+G›×écl5ûm!qœHõÞË«ÂûíË\Múù¾sçfÎîcIÐÊÝ*R±
f3÷˜™–>9¡¼Û5ÑãñÐÚZ= J¥^ä4èN–@8]à+èÕQåw'¸çg(
€ @” »ú)¤trù›h÷Íšø»¯•øŸhÌ”[0þ„tŽÿÿ ÷)¥Eh -`
ç×æð3tÊ‹_9{¸T?,ýˆû*#V! ã ÷)[ ÄÁÝ$œ£3‘úÌ;Ãj&úë!·
<fˆY'ò«¸Ù˼–{ËÈ°'S»Öø,Bððl¸@Î÷Mð©”
ÆV0”§`rü²KîÎ `âà6Š4pXìžïř̡ydñ—°e¡Ûôäs‚Tß”›¯¯ï
žúbsZG]ÂôÓÆÔ0?Ò=‚$i¡7¤¯…„€b¢ DlYÁX{¨¸U ö„Ö
aÙlLj5Bƒˆ¡·51õI~¶¬phO
¨›BÄ#°Ä1±¡ÔâÊú±'âû!M~¿¨{‚¸O…·z}m; B´°à‚¡½å6ï=£²*<PLé]1äËÓt‡¿È Á©=Лç
ºÔÌùŠÙWÇ“<½{®måða7*Çù§ÑšG®uÑÑ¿˜Š/«?Ã! ”êJgÕ>@,Û 31ïžüõ䥘šŽûM? ªfçP„!Õýn!Ø×»h@À%1¥¦ür*Ôb
|“lŽ=«þºu׸
.ÿÿ ÷)å% ‡
'Ž1

:ÒlôL~ž7 è ÷);Q,ÄûÜTͽÏóöH?5ü帆23}]wÚÒ
ƒÇÆ<¬é27ãHã3U¼âm ̨DuNÖ]§dÿpCQ2ÂvH=-ƒ¸ûHLíþœçº,çɈ
#&emœñó±´HaU|^¯ûºn?¤dp§]–Ç°T[¾mÎÙkäœ#e
ËÁvÕ·w¹íÆ#Q&Òÿ” kEÑÝÇ×õÚÃ/àÐ; D0ú‹Ã“Ï}Ÿ–¹éÊò¹ê‰
wVBÏA¼5utt]/º×-MðÚJÍ’»IÇ›9
îöK¯Ú

Alpha-2 says he is working with a friend in Crypto to decode the message but he says any intel
from it will be a little too late to act on. Billy and Alpha-1 approve of his progress and tell him
to keep them up on any more that is found no matter how trivial it looks.

Billy asks what we thought tied the meeting where the assassination's took place to the experiment
in dome four that went bad. Alpha-1 states immediately Marco's involvement along with Doc's contact in
Omegaton not to mention several other government backed military contracting corporations. I inquire
about what we know regarding this holding company and this new name I have never heard before MACorp
LLC. I tell them I think we need to get more intel back at Argus to follow these events backwards to
their origin. My suggestion would be to start with Billys double agent girlfriend. Billy says he has a
late dinner appointment with her after she finishes with a meeting arranged days ago with the people
she works with as a cover. He will debrief at the morning meeting.