My ESCs and Multiwii Stink

jhitesma

Some guy in the desert
Mentor
I just can't think of a way that the FC could cause that though. The circuit is very simple - motor signal comes right off the pins on the processor so there's no components to fail.

The code is pretty simple too, at arming all four motors are given the same signal.

So the only place a variation in start up should be coming from is the ESC's.

Now, there could be a bad pin on the processor - but that would almost always present as a totally dead pin.

The only thing I can think of is possibly an intermittent short or iffy solder connection. You could try reflowing the solder joints on the header pins - and if you've got a good iron and steady hand you could try reflowing the pins on the processor for motor out.

RichB

The code is pretty simple too, at arming all four motors are given the same signal.

Unless you are in auto-level mode and not "level".

Unless you set the craft down after intializing and it now wants to yaw slightly

jhitesma

Some guy in the desert
Mentor
Unless you are in auto-level mode and not "level".

Unless you set the craft down after intializing and it now wants to yaw slightly

Only if you're at non idle throttle.

If you're at idle it spins the motors at a VERY slow speed and doesn't try to do any stabilization. You can see the motor outputs don't change even as you move the multi around by watching the values in the configurator.

RichB

Only if you're at non idle throttle.

If you're at idle it spins the motors at a VERY slow speed and doesn't try to do any stabilization. You can see the motor outputs don't change even as you move the multi around by watching the values in the configurator.

Correct, if he has a minthrottle set, but he doesn't. And we know this because as he moves the throttles tick upwards, different motors turn on at different times.