My first 3D printed plane - Avro Vulcan

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Taking the painting a bit at a time...
IMG_20210417_171755348.jpg IMG_20210417_171740708.jpg IMG_20210417_171701561.jpg

The Fopster

Master member
Noooooo. Sorry to see it didn’t go to plan. Is it as simple as a reprint for the nose or is the damage more extensive? Hope you get it working because it looked AMAZING.

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Noooooo. Sorry to see it didn’t go to plan. Is it as simple as a reprint for the nose or is the damage more extensive? Hope you get it working because it looked AMAZING.
I'm not reprinting it, looked great but with just a 50mm EDF it was only about 60% power to weight.
Moving on...

cyclone3350

Master member
I have been following this thread as I need to start getting into 3D printing myself. U did a fantastic job printing and putting this one together. I am sure with knowledge through experience that U gained, your next project will be successful in flight.

The Fopster

Master member
I'm not reprinting it, looked great but with just a 50mm EDF it was only about 60% power to weight.
Moving on...
Fair enough! It's on my build list in any case - I've got slow thumbs so happy to fly in an easy going scale style. If I had 1:1 thrust to weight it'd just increase my chances of hitting the ground harder! Good luck with your next build.