My first build is in a tree (FT Spear) - suggestions for my next build?

GazpachoZen

There's no easy way to get a rope up even half way. Tons of branches in the way. and too far to throw anything (or even shoot with a bow and arrow). I'd considered using a Phantom to carry a fish line over, but it's only more forest on the far side, so no good place to set down.

Captain Jay

Elite member
Go fishing. Through a line up the tree and hook your plane.
For a build to start with, how about staring at a picture of a plane you like and just go at making it? That's what I do. Part of the fun is in your own design. Process and then the other half is flying your creation.
I love scratch building. I've done a bi-plane, single wing like a p-47, a super bandit jet, a Learjet 70 jet and my last scratch build was an F-20 Tigershark jet.
Have fun exploring your creative side...

Attachments

• IMG_20190625_2158075.jpg
    IMG_20190625_2158075.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20190715_1725201.jpg
    IMG_20190715_1725201.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0

Tdugar

Oh, heck no. I don't expect to see it again until some time this Autumn, at best. It's wedged in there pretty tight, and there's an ugly web of branches from there all the way down to the ground. I keep checking every day or so, and it's not budged.

Thanks for asking though.
No problem just curious. I hope you its sooner than later

Tdugar

Go fishing. Through a line up the tree and hook your plane.
For a build to start with, how about staring at a picture of a plane you like and just go at making it? That's what I do. Part of the fun is in your own design. Process and then the other half is flying your creation.
I love scratch building. I've done a bi-plane, single wing like a p-47, a super bandit jet, a Learjet 70 jet and my last scratch build was an F-20 Tigershark jet.
Have fun exploring your creative side...
Those planes are amazing eventually I'll try my hand at something unique.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
I have had good luck getting planes down from trees using the rope trick.

The trick is to not use rope, it's too heavy to throw. Use paracord or something similar. I use something metal as a throwing weight, something about the size of a 5/8th in wrench.