My first Electrohub..

cartman

Hi guys, I decided to share my first experience of multirotor building using FT Electrohub kit.
The electronic components purchased from RTFquds, and aluminium parts from eBay.
To make it more comfortable to carry, it was made with folding booms.

IMG_3774.JPG IMG_3771.JPG IMG_3799.JPG IMG_3826.JPG IMG_3825.JPG IMG_3808.JPG

cartman

That's awesome! What's it weigh? Components? Does it fly?

Thank you:)
Sorry, but I don't have scales to check the waight, but it pretty heavy comparatively to regular Hex setup.
The components are just Electrohub kit from ReadyToFlyQuads and 3s 5200 amps Multistar battery from HobbyKing.
It's fly, but I can't say anything about how, because it was my really first experience in controlling multirotors. For me it was not so easy to hold const altitude, so props was broken. It was really funny first flight:)
So, now I wait for having free time to solder barometer to Flip 1.5 to have altitude hold.

jipp

congrats, looks great. what did you use for the top/body/cap? almost looks like a bottom of a bucket.

chris

cartman

Thank you guys,
The top cap cover it's just Coroplast. There is two pieces - ring and rectangle, glued together with hot glue.

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
For me it was not so easy to hold const altitude, so props was broken. It was really funny first flight:)
So, now I wait for having free time to solder barometer to Flip 1.5 to have altitude hold.

It takes most folks about 3 weeks to learn how to hover. It's not just you. :)

EVERYONE crashes and breaks props and throttle control is the toughest aspect to learn. Maiden voyages are often funny. Film them and if you have trouble we can help you. If you fly we will all cheer with you. :)

Chalk it up to learning to fly and expect to break more props and get some video of the thing in the air. It's a beautiful design and I would love to see it fly.

Thanks for posting and Welcome to FliteTest!

cartman

Upgrade of old build

Hi guys, I have recently upgraded my first Electrohub Hexacopter, and I wanted to share it. For today It's already my fourth multirotor, so I found that is good idea to use experience i got to upgrade the ugly looking firth one. (Later, I think, I will post my latest one x8 mini).
It's pretty clean build with dome made of big plate, bought in local supermarket. I glued four LED sets into this plate and put two resistors to decrease current in LED's (serial connection). There's also DIY aluminium gimbal with cheap HK controller.
Also I use Tarot retracts for this upgrade.
Specs:
Motors: RTFQuads 2212
ESC's: RTFQuads 20A,something red, with SimonK.
Props: RTFQuads HQ 9X4.5
Vector flight controller with OSD and GPS
Weight: with 5.2 mAh 4s is 2225g.

I was really surprised when I found that flying time is longer than eCalc calculated. (It's not really long as desired)
With 5.2 mAh 3s it was about 9 minutes, with 4s and same capacity it was about 12 minutes, with really cheap my first ever purchased battery 3.6 mAh it was about 7 minutes (little bit less). (The flights where not aggressive but not only hovering)
I attached here some pics of the build. The quality of last six images low - my phone's camera was switched to 2.4 megapixel mode..

1.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg

Folded and ready to go to the field
6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg

Night Flight
11.jpg 12.jpg