My first fire on my quad!

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Do you have anything between your frame and esc? Carbon conducts so if the prop hit and moved the esc and any positive trace made contact its real easy to let the smoke out.

Or maybe you skipped flashing and recalibration after the repair?

I heat shrink all my escs out on the arm for added protection. Never had heat issues even on the hottest of days. Then I double side tape them to the arm for added isolation.

I did see the new v2 escs are having issues on some setups with letting the smoke out.

ebeez

Do you have anything between your frame and esc? Carbon conducts so if the prop hit and moved the esc and any positive trace made contact its real easy to let the smoke out.

Or maybe you skipped flashing and recalibration after the repair?

I heat shrink all my escs out on the arm for added protection. Never had heat issues even on the hottest of days. Then I double side tape them to the arm for added isolation.

I did see the new v2 escs are having issues on some setups with letting the smoke out.
Hey PsyBorg! Yes I have double sided tape between the two. I'm gonna tear it down and have a look this week. Just odd that it's the same ESC that went on my the las time? I was thinking along the same lines as you though. I like the idea of heat shrinking them down as well!

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Good info here on how escs burn up. I would take a hard look and an ohm meter to your motor and not just replace the esc mate.