My first scratch build and first RC Plane.

Ducky84

I've never flown RC, and I'm still waiting on my Tx and Rx, but I finished my first scratch build with the electronics. I figured if I was going to get into this hobby I wanted to build the hard way first, taking 50+ sheets of paper, and tiling them together and transferring to foam-board.

Came out pretty okay for my first attempt. I had a couple mishaps with the wing, but I think it's okay now. (Hence the tape towards the front...)

Used 3d printed servo horns, firewall, and wheels. I think the wheels might be too heavy though, I did 20% infill but they still feel a bit bulky. We will have to see.
I used those ground flags for the push-rods to the tail and gears, and paperclips for the wings. Paperclips are so much easier to work with...

I have no idea if this thing will fly...I fully expect it to crash into the ground 2 seconds after takeoff...But when the rest of my stuff comes in we will see.

I honestly want to paint it and keep it somewhere safe, I'm so afraid to fly it...

Attachments

• IMG_20210305_151027.jpg
    IMG_20210305_151027.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20210305_151157.jpg
    IMG_20210305_151157.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20210305_151204.jpg
    IMG_20210305_151204.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20210305_151355.jpg
    IMG_20210305_151355.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20210305_151416.jpg
    IMG_20210305_151416.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0

Hutch Bunch Rc

I've never flown RC, and I'm still waiting on my Tx and Rx, but I finished my first scratch build with the electronics. I figured if I was going to get into this hobby I wanted to build the hard way first, taking 50+ sheets of paper, and tiling them together and transferring to foam-board.

Came out pretty okay for my first attempt. I had a couple mishaps with the wing, but I think it's okay now. (Hence the tape towards the front...)

Used 3d printed servo horns, firewall, and wheels. I think the wheels might be too heavy though, I did 20% infill but they still feel a bit bulky. We will have to see.
I used those ground flags for the push-rods to the tail and gears, and paperclips for the wings. Paperclips are so much easier to work with...

I have no idea if this thing will fly...I fully expect it to crash into the ground 2 seconds after takeoff...But when the rest of my stuff comes in we will see.

I honestly want to paint it and keep it somewhere safe, I'm so afraid to fly it...
Looks good!

Scotto

Elite member
Looks good! Dont let it be a shelf queen. Get some practice on a simulator to get comfortable on controls especially flying back at you. I just have a free one from the google app store called Leos rc simulator. It works pretty good, great for the money i guess. The cub on there is my favorite. Good luck!