My First Three Flight Videos and YouTube Channel

Vimana89

Legendary member
Not much content and no info on my YouTube channel yet, just raw uncut video, but that's a good place to start. I'm just happy to be able to finally share some of adventures in the world of RC flight after joining as a complete newb last year. The timestamps on these vids are off on my cheap cam, the dates are correct aside from the year which should read 2019 rather than 2018, as all these flights were recorded this year.

Here's a flight with my first trainer that taught me how to fly without safe mode, the Hobby Zone Champ:

Here's the first of my own designs that flew successfully, the RETjet first prototype. This one's got a nasty little crash followed by a good relaunch:

Here's a flight of the second RETjet prototype, which is still going strong after several flights:

Enjoy FT community, and let me know what you think.

Last edited:

Vimana89

Legendary member
I know commentary and music and stuff would make my clips much more interesting, but that will come in time. Right now I'm just trying to get good angles with my head cam and document my progress as a builder and pilot.

basslord1124

Master member
Watching em now...Glad you're up on youtube now so we can see how things are going. HZ Champ is awesome...got me started too pretty much! Cool videos, looking forward to see more.

Vimana89

Legendary member
Random super skinny delta I threw together. This is the third vid, there's a sketchy maiden and a crash too before this. Wind is picking up in this one, but handling is better after a small adjustment(a horizontal surface I added to the vertical stabilizer).

Vimana89

Legendary member
New footage of "Skinny Minnie" with nice high alpha landing. This flight is a lot more confident than previous ones with this plane, just cruising and having fun. Banking can be a bit choppy with this RET setup and the dihedrals increase the wing rock effect even though they help prevent tip stall and add a little self leveling.