My First Tri !!! :) (Pun Intended)

voipmonkey

Well finally I got some time over the last weekend to start my very first multi rotor Tricopter build.

Taking the information from David Windestal’s website rcexplorer.se
I set about getting the drawings into cad making sure all angles where perfect so it would make my life easier (Not as it turned out)

I used most of the same components that David did (HobbyKing)

DT750 Motors x 3
Turnigy Plush 18amp Speed Controllers x 3
10x4.7 Inch Slow Fly Props
Black 5.5 KK Board with V2.5 Tri Firmware (I Have a HK Board but this going on the Quad)
Etc.

I thought I would make the body from Blue acrylic (Thought it would look cool) as I had some lying around, I know it is brittle but thought I would give it a go.
After I cut the acrylic I was not too happy with the results (need more cutting practice)so I think I will maybe get some ply and try this again, but for now this will have to do as I cant wait to get this thing in the air.
I also used David’s idea for the yaw mech using 40mm front wheel steering mounts and a digital metal gear servo I had which I am very pleased with.

Here are some images of the build and the final frame just the electronics to go and then the maiden flight :S

Templates

IMAG0017.jpg

Cut Out Plates

IMAG0023.jpg

Final Frame

IMAG0024.jpg

voipmonkey

Yep awesome indeed!

I believe the Black Board is a little more expensive.
On their official webpage it is sold at 75 bucks.

http://www.kkmulticopter.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=75&vmcchk=1&Itemid=75

Hi Anas

i bought off ebay. came from china and i think cost me about £30 all in with usbasp programmer too. also bought one from HK v2.1 looks same and that was $12 US with exchange rate i think about £10 with postage from hobby king. The HK Board is going on my quad when i get some funds :) need motors and speed controllers.

Shadow74

Multi-rotor madman
Mark! Thanks for sharing, looking good! Cant wait to see it fly! (i bet you cant wait either) :)

Oh, and love the blue center section, that is the color I am thinking of painting my Hexa's center sections.

"great minds think alike.......and so do ours" HAHAHAHAHAHA!

keep us posted!

Cheers!

Eric

voipmonkey

Mark! Thanks for sharing, looking good! Cant wait to see it fly! (i bet you cant wait either) :)

Oh, and love the blue center section, that is the color I am thinking of painting my Hexa's center sections.

"great minds think alike.......and so do ours" HAHAHAHAHAHA!

keep us posted!

Cheers!

Eric

Thanks Eric i just hope it hold up when i crash which i am sure i will :) we shall see hoping to get some time to get electronics in before weekend if the wife and the kids will let me have 5 minutes :p

Shadow74

Multi-rotor madman
Thanks Eric i just hope it hold up when i crash which i am sure i will :) we shall see hoping to get some time to get electronics in before weekend if the wife and the kids will let me have 5 minutes :p

yea, I get that, although I have taught my 4 year old daughter to operate that arm on the drill press, so she helps me. (i get to hangout with her, teach her stuff, and build all at the same time.) WIN WIN situation. :) My daughter has become very good at running the drill press arm for me too, on my last quad-copter build, I held the parts and communicated to her what to do, and she punched all 40 holes in the booms, and center sections. When I do the build videos, she is gonna be in it. :) Cant wait to get an mQX and teach her how to fly.

Cheers!

Eric

voipmonkey

i would love to teach my boy but he is a typical 10 year old and is super excited for all of about 15 minutes then gone. He did help me hold the perspex though while I was cutting it, then went to play and came back and said to his mum "Look what """WE""" have done .
lol got to give him props for trying at least. :)

voipmonkey

as far as the mQX goes they have them local in stock :s just need to find some extra cash and go get one. Gutted would have bought on instead of my Blade mCPX but i do like it hard to fly though.