my first tri!!!

Toddy

IMG_2132.JPG
Im in love!!so far it has out done my expectations of what it would actually be like. I have only flown it in my yard which is very small so have only managed small and very slow figure of eights. The KK2 FC is still running the 1.2 firmware and doesn't self level at all from what i can work out, and i have tried many different settings so far, the usbasp is still out of stock at HobbyKing so until i manage to get one of those it will have to do. Thanks to everyone for there help on the different subjects and after all I went with the tri copter over the T copter and so far haven't regretted it, time will tell. the motor and prop combination is working well, hovers at half stick and thats with the kk2 set at 90% throttle, didn't want to play with that too much as Im still getting my head around the workings of the board as it is. It has been very windy and good gusts coming through and it handles it well even without self levelling and it is not affected by its wash when descending rapidly. EXCELLENT!!
Cant wait to get it out on a calm day in an area big enough to actually fly it.
It looks sexy hovering with the rear motor moving round like that.

Nice build B) Even I built my first tri a month back; though I've been flying my ArduCopter for over a year now. It's a load of fun. And do please find a way to upgrade your firmware. Trust me, it becomes that much more fun on the new firmware. I used the AVR programmer that came with the older KK 5.5 blackboard to upgrade my firmware, even though I had to search a fair bit to get the correct drivers. Have fun! Thumbs up on the Dremel drill press! Love mine!

Toddy

Well, I'm grounded untill the courier gets here! Had my first crash, didn't think much of it so carried on flying and next minute off comes a prop in a few pieces and down it came, only about eight feet but completely stripped my servo. So much for metal gears, the back one is plastic. So, I am looking at a different way to set up my yaw mechanism, eighter have it pull apart easier or have it all in one on its own bracket that will be zip tyed to the boom in one piece so it will all come off thogether. Not sure how it did it though cause the tail didn't contact the ground untill it rolled over so the brunt of the hit was on the front side of the tri, no direct hit with the tail. Any ideas on yaw mechanisms? Any help is good help.
Thanks