Solved My fpv setup plan

Browntown

I recently planned out an fpv setup for my tarrot 650 quad that i just finished and i was looking for some input and, or what you would change (trying to keep a bit of a budget)

Monitor/reciver-
Eachine LCD5802D $125
Trans-
Akk Ts832 $12
Camera-
Foxeer monster v2 $42
Antennas-
Anbee fpv cloverleaf antennas $9
Total~$200
[Edit- also this is my first fpv setup]

Last edited:

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
That VTX is straight up 600 mw. Be aware that it will heat up fast and needs a lot of air to keep cool so sitting on the ground for any thing but minimal time is not recomended and should not be put internally where there is little air flow. Also be aware that if you fly near others you will blow out their video feeds and that could be cause for unwanted drama. Finally that requires a HAM licence to legally use as it is way over the FCC 25 mw limit.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Getting a HAM technician license is pretty simple though - lots of online study resources, and you'll learn a surprising amount about radio signals that is actually quite useful in the RC hobby.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
On a side note. the majority of VTXes <= 25mw require a HAM license because they are not FCC certified....

Cheers!
LitterBug

Do you think that stops people from using them? LOL

That said, I got my HAM license for free, took the test at a local testing site that's less than 10 min. from my home, got the Technician license and I was good to go for what, 10 years?

As for that 600mw transmitter, I'd say you'd be better off looking at a 200mw VTX, like the Lumenier TX5G Mini...small, comes with a power switch on it, and will cover most situations without being a gigantic hammer on the other signals. My Blade Conspiracy came with a 200mw transmitter, and it has been sufficient; haven't burnt out anything, but it IS away from the FC/PDB and has plenty of air circulation.

And one thing about those Anbee antennas - they're inexpensive, but I've broken a couple fairly easily by hitting them on gates and in crashes. I ended up going with the TBS Triumph antennas, which have held up a lot better (for me, anyway). Those antennas may hold up well for you.

One last thing that you DEFINITELY need to pay attention to when you buy your transmitter and antennas - make sure that you buy them with matching connectors!!! There are RP-SMA, and SMA - if you buy an SMA transmitter but an RP-SMA antenna, they won't connect, and most hobby stores online won't let you do an exchange because you bought the wrong connectors.

Browntown

I recently planned out an fpv setup for my tarrot 650 quad that i just finished and i was looking for some input and, or what you would change (trying to keep a bit of a budget)

Monitor/reciver-
Eachine LCD5802D $125
Trans-
Akk Ts832 $12
Camera-
Foxeer monster v2 $42
Antennas-
Anbee fpv cloverleaf antennas $9
Total~$200
[Edit- also this is my first fpv setup]
Thanks for all the advice, setup is orderered. I ended up not going for the cheap antennas and ill buy good ones later

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
Thanks for all the advice, setup is orderered. I ended up not going for the cheap antennas and ill buy good ones later

Lol no worries. Fly them until you need to replace them. I have a couple of different sets because I've found different types work in different situations. I haven't gotten to where I have a diversity module yet (although, it's something on my list), so I haven't messed with patch antennas yet, but so far, for the flying I do? I haven't exactly found I NEED one yet...