My FPV video dump

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
Hey Kev.au,

your videos are great man! I like the first two.
I felt like sitting in a cockpit of an F-18! It was so adrenaling watching you fly between the tries and so close to the ground!

I thought that the quality of the video signal should be better for FPV. Is that due to the speed of a plane? May a GoPro could give you much better picture quality if that is what you´re looking for.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Hey Anas,

Looks like you've watched to many of David's GoPro videos... :)

Even if he gets a GoPro for FPV it will not transmit better image quality, it will just record the good image; the one on the FPV screen will still be as bad as the interference it has to take.

GoPro's are the way to go if you're looking to get high-quality footage. If you want High-Quality FPV, you'll have to resort to much more expensive equipment.

Kev.au

What Colorex said.

Funjet needs to be nice a light for this flying style, Gopro is heavy and shares the same aerodynamics as a brick :), plus if it's used as a fpv camera(video out) it will reduce my LRS range(433 mhz).

IMG_4232.jpg

IMG_4233.jpg

IMG_4235.jpg

Cheers, Kev.

Last edited:

Kev.au

I have a board camera that produces a much better image but it's big and a fear will act as a air brake.

Cheers, Kev.

ananas1301

Hey Anas,

Looks like you've watched to many of David's GoPro videos... :)

Yeah I realised that immediately after I posted it and for me it was just a question of time when you would say that :D:D

Anyway, I am always thinking if someone uploads FPV footage it is meant to be high quality footage for other people to see where you fly etc.

However, I seem to be wrong and the usual thing is that people upload the normal FPV video and people wanting to go for high quality footage do that as well.

PaulT

Mentor
Morning Kevin.au, very impressive videos. I do have a question for you.
The last video in the clouds, is the data in the osd accurate?
Please let us know what kind of range you typically get and what you are using.

Kev.au

Kev, what program did you use to make the intro title saying FPVLAB?

A guy over @ FPVLAB made it. I'll try and find out what program was used.

Morning Kevin.au, very impressive videos. I do have a question for you.
The last video in the clouds, is the data in the osd accurate?
Please let us know what kind of range you typically get and what you are using.

The OSD(EZOSD from ImmersionRc) data is very accurate, never had a problem with it. My Video range is about 10km & my RC range is good for over 20km. That plane in the cloud video has a flight time of over 1hr.

RC = Dragonlink http://www.terranova.net/~winger/RCVideoStore/DragonLink/DragonLink.htm?id=site/DragonLink
Video = Lawmate 2.4ghz 500mw transmitter/ 2x Lawmate rx's/Oracal diversity box/AIO Foxtech goggles.

CP antennas are used including a 6(i think) turn Helical antenna on the ground.
IMG_4231-1.jpg

Cheers, Kev.

Last edited:

ananas1301

A guy over @ FPVLAB made it. I'll try and find out what program was used.

The OSD(EZOSD from ImmersionRc) data is very accurate, never had a problem with it. My Video range is about 10km & my RC range is good for over 20km. That plane in the cloud video has a flight time of over 1hr.

RC = Dragonlink http://www.terranova.net/~winger/RCVideoStore/DragonLink/DragonLink.htm?id=site/DragonLink
Video = Lawmate 2.4ghz 500mw transmitter/ 2x Lawmate rx's/Oracal diversity box/AIO Foxtech goggles.

CP antennas are used including a 6(i think) turn Helical antenna on the ground.
IMG_4231-1.jpg

Cheers, Kev.

VERY nice setup!

What is the plane you´re using?
I know there are planes flying for long times and distances but just wanna see what you can fly one hour with :)

ananas1301

Ohh nice!

Sharp looking front there with your glow engine! Looks easy to fly and very suitable for FPV.

AP_OZ

That's awesome kev!!

I also have a Funjet built for FPV. Running a scorpion 2221-10 on a 4s 2200mah pack.. Really gets the blood flowing on high speed - low passes... only thing I dont like is endurance... I only get about 5 min flights which is a bit frustrating at times.

jet.JPG

AP_OZ

Regarding the recording quality... I've found that the flycamoneHD is a pretty good camera for the funjet.. Its sleek and only 58grams.