My FT Edge 540

jack10525

I recently built an Edge 540. The build process was great. It was long but pretty easy to follow. I really like how this was a modular build. Now I need to find a nice low wind day for the maiden. Would love to get video but my camera girl gets bored watching me fly. Well anyway here are some pics.

Attachments

• IMG_0222.JPG
    IMG_0222.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0223.JPG
    IMG_0223.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0227.JPG
    IMG_0227.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0228.JPG
    IMG_0228.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 0

FastCrash45

Elite member
I recently built an Edge 540. The build process was great. It was long but pretty easy to follow. I really like how this was a modular build. Now I need to find a nice low wind day for the maiden. Would love to get video but my camera girl gets bored watching me fly. Well anyway here are some pics.
Nice build. Maybe you could get your videographer a tiny trainer abd teach her to fly?

Tonero311

Great build there. Started one of these a week ago. Still cutting out the pieces😋. Good thing i like that part of the build process. What motor did you use in yours? I have a 2218 emax on the way for it.

jack10525

Hello Guys,

I used the motor recommended in the build video. It actually seems a little under powered. The plane is not easy to control. I tried using a 2200 mah and 1300 mah and I made sure my cg was on. Still the plane was very twitchy and just not an easy flyer. I'll see if I can get some video.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Two early lessons I learned with mine was AOA for rolling take offs needed to be way higher then I started with to get the lift under the wing so it would rotate faster. Second was the motor mount / entire nose air is mucho weak sauce. The slightest tap to the nose and your motor is no longer straight. THAT makes it fly all retarded and wonky. Check to make sure thrust angle is still where it is supposed to be. I doubled up everything in the nose. I also added some triangle support pieces under the the cross section where the motor mount is secured to.

I got a thread here somewhere of my whole journey with mine. It may be worth a once over to see what I learned from a total noob standpoint.