My FT racer maiden

epic.engineering

Looks nice, I hope you didn't break anything on the landing.. But then again that's one of the awesome benefits of foam.. easy repair.. I think I'm going to build an FT racer, after I finish my multi rotors..

EODPete

image.jpg this was right before the flight. And nothing was damaged on that landing except for the bush I ran into. The only one out there and I hit it!

mararra

Grats on the successful maiden. Looks like it flies great. Mine had a 1.5 second maiden tonite; banked left and dove into the grass. I should have done a glide test first, but the light was fading fast and I was feelin lucky. Since my prop disintegrated on impact, I spent the next few minutes doin what I should have done first. Glide testing revealed that 10 degrees of up elev. was needed to get a reasonable glide. I'm wondering if the CG noted on the plans is too far forward, because after moving it back 1/2" I was able to get a good glide with the elevator in the neutral position. Any thoughts?

epic.engineering

Grats on the successful maiden. Looks like it flies great. Mine had a 1.5 second maiden tonite; banked left and dove into the grass. I should have done a glide test first, but the light was fading fast and I was feelin lucky. Since my prop disintegrated on impact, I spent the next few minutes doin what I should have done first. Glide testing revealed that 10 degrees of up elev. was needed to get a reasonable glide. I'm wondering if the CG noted on the plans is too far forward, because after moving it back 1/2" I was able to get a good glide with the elevator in the neutral position. Any thoughts?

I think all planes balance slightly different, components like servo's,esc, receives variety in weight. But sounds like you have got it locked down now. I'm glad you said that.when I build mine I'll know I have to verify the balance

EODPete

Mine balanced right on the suggested cog. My only problem is I let myself fly to slow and in the upwind runs ill stall and loose all my lift. He defenatly tracks true and wants to go fast. I tried it with a 1300 kv motor and a 10x5 prop and it wasn't as fast but the motor was a lot smoother. I flew again today and was banking to low for my own skill level and lost a servo and the prop.

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
The low close passes always do me in, too. I always shoot for lower and lower until...well...you know...

EODPete

I think it will look good as a mustang. I read somewhere that ripslinger may be modeled after a Reno mustang. The FT guys never comented back on that.

EODPete

image.jpg image.jpg

Since I busted the servo I figured it was time for a rebuild. I put the wing servos in like the ft versa, with the horns on the tops of the wings. I took a little more time painting. This one too!