• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Pumpkin drop event

My FT Simple Scout Build!

BATTLEAXE

Just because the motor isn't or won't be mounted to a power pod doesn't mean it's stuck in its current location and not swappable. It's 3 bullet connectors and 4 screws to remove and install on any plane. If the b pack will fly the Scout it should be able to pull around the P-40, slowly but it will be enough to maiden possibly. I don't have a B pack motor myself but I have seen similar situations with the C pack motor. Case in point, there is a guy on the forums here who built a 150% Cub and equipped it with a C pack. Physics dictates that by the way of it being a bigger plane it should be heavier then the normal sized Cub, and he maidened it and it flew fine. It may work.

The Hangar

Just because the motor isn't or won't be mounted to a power pod doesn't mean it's stuck in its current location and not swappable. It's 3 bullet connectors and 4 screws to remove and install on any plane. If the b pack will fly the Scout it should be able to pull around the P-40, slowly but it will be enough to maiden possibly. I don't have a B pack motor myself but I have seen similar situations with the C pack motor. Case in point, there is a guy on the forums here who built a 150% Cub and equipped it with a C pack. Physics dictates that by the way of it being a bigger plane it should be heavier then the normal sized Cub, and he maidened it and it flew fine. It may work.
My spitfire can fly off the b pack - it’s a little slow, but not bad at all. I actually maidened it with the b pack if I remember right, and then switched to the c pack later. I thought it was going to be a lot faster than it was😂. In other words, I think you would be fine flying the p-40 on the b pack - it would be noticeably slower, but not that bad at all.

PoorManRC

SOUND suggestions, BOTH of you. 😊👍👍
You know by now, I tend to build HEAVY. Even when I try not to!! 😣

I'd be better with less speed, until I'm a better RC Pilot anyway.... So I have been thinking. 😮
A B Pack Motor can turn a 10x4.5 Prop on 3S, and I'm running a 45 Amp ESC in the P-40...
It MIGHT work, especially since I increased the height (chord) of the Wing, FOR better lower speed handling.
I am so Worried about Tail Weight - especially after what I did for a Steerable Tail Wheel (I'm about to post in the P-40 thread), that I moved the Rudder Servo forward to about at the Wing...