My FT Simple Scout Build!

PoorManRC

Master member
I've got personal issues with you that are not easily resolved. You deserve a shout out on this one, though. THAT is one NICE looking plane! Well done, and kudos. (y)
That was very nice of you to say!
I apologize for my hostile behavior towards you... It was a defensive action, but I try to be better than that.

I'm not sure what "I've got personal issues with you" actually means...

Remember, we were good, everything was going well...
Then Unprovoked, completely out of the blue - you ACCUSED me of something that not only DIDN'T I do, wouldn't do, but couldn't actually pull off if I wanted to.

I lost Friends, my reputation, other people's Respect - which I'm probably NOT ever getting back.....
AND, having the incredible, generous help from the good People here CUT OFF immediately, in a very dire time in my Family's lives.
We're still feeling the sting from that.

I do try to forget, but we're still in that nightmare.
If there's any consolation, at least I found out that I can hold my head above water - barely.

PoorManRC

Master member
Simple and effective dash board - I need to take some pointers for my own projects from that! Thanks for sharing! :D
I really appreciate that!! Really just made from scraps, but I personally, need at least that much detail - even in what many call, a "disposable Foamie".
I NEED them to last!! 😋 At least as long as possible.

I think I can only get away with something that sparse, in a vintage Aircraft. 😉

@basslord1124 Thank you!! It's really not anything that any of you couldn't do.

I could even get more complex, just by using Styrene Sheet for the base, and thin slicing Styrene Tubes for the Bezels! 😉

I MIGHT try that on the upcoming P-40s I'm doing...

OliverW

Legendary member
I really appreciate that!! Really just made from scraps, but I personally, need at least that much detail - even in what many call, a "disposable Foamie".
I NEED them to last!! 😋 At least as long as possible.

I think I can only get away with something that sparse, in a vintage Aircraft. 😉

@basslord1124 Thank you!! It's really not anything that any of you couldn't do.

I could even get more complex, just by using Styrene Sheet for the base, and thin slicing Styrene Tubes for the Bezels! 😉

I MIGHT try that on the upcoming P-40s I'm doing...
That cockpit is absolutely amazing!

PoorManRC

Master member
That cockpit looks awesome!!!

Do you have an ETA on when you plan an flying her yet?
I really appreciate that!! 😊
I'm in a bit of a bind... She's about 95% Done right now.
@SquirrelTail Thank YOU!! I really appreciate the compliment - AND the Comment!! 😊🍻
Guys, the Moral Support really makes a difference.

However, because I don't want to just throw it away after the first Crash, I've got some more reinforcing to do. Particularly doing up the Control Hinges with Hinge Tape.
Easy enough, right? Not if you're Me.... I can't afford Hinge Tape yet. 😞
Also can't afford the Paint to finish her up.

Or a 1500 MAh 3S Batry! The smallest I've currently got is an 1800... If I use it, the Prop will CHOP 3/4" off of it!!! 😲
Probably not a good thing! 😜

The OTHER Scout I'm building next, I'm converting to a TOP removable Hatch. That way, I can go as high as 2800 MAh, if I want a good long run! My Son decided he wants this one - so the second one I'm doing, will be for ME. 😎
Thanks @rockyboy for your invaluable help!
Thanks @BATTLEAXE for the inspiration for that. 😉👍👍

DETAILS. It's down to details. About $40.00 maybe. That never used to be a big deal...
Sadly, it is now. 😢

I'll get there. 😉

My Friends, I encourage ALL of you, on Aircraft like these, with big open Cockpits - to TRY interior Details!! It really adds Life to them. If you saw the steps from the beginning - it was really all done with SCRAPS!! 😁
And, because it matters, I did weigh the parts I used... I added less than 2 Grams to her.
Minus my Grandson's Rubber Ducky!! 😋

PoorManRC

Master member
Some more "busy work" on the Airframe....
20190914_212331.jpg

Brought the TE to a little more realistic point...
Coating the exposed Foam with Gorilla Glue, to keep SOME strength.
And...
20190914_225529.jpg

Starting to experiment with more colour...
And worried about removing the Masking Tape!!! 😲😜

PoorManRC

Master member
A few more finishing touches.... Waiting for money to magically appear! 😲😋
I want to hurry - I've got TWO more coming this afternoon! 😉

IMG_20190918_071448.jpg
IMG_20190918_070812.jpg

AND the Power Pod! C Pack sized Motor, and borrowed the 1500 MAh 3S Batry from my Transmitter....
CRAMMING the 1800 3S back in the TX!! 😲😲
IMG_20190918_071653.jpg
IMG_20190918_071125.jpg

I'm probably not painting the rest of it - until she FLIES!!
This one's going to my Son....

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
A few more finishing touches.... Waiting for money to magically appear! 😲😋
I want to hurry - I've got TWO more coming this afternoon! 😉

View attachment 142933 View attachment 142934
AND the Power Pod! C Pack sized Motor, and borrowed the 1500 MAh 3S Batry from my Transmitter....
CRAMMING the 1800 3S back in the TX!! 😲😲
View attachment 142935 View attachment 142936
I'm probably not painting the rest of it - until she FLIES!!
This one's going to my Son....
Which ones are coming in the mail? P-40's?

PoorManRC

Master member
What does the Scout need to fly?

Hinge Tape, because the Rudder and Ailerons are a little too flimsy for comfort (MY mess up!) 😖

A 1500 MAh 3S Battery, because the one I borrowed from my Transmitter is.... iffy.

And not an emergency, but another C Pack sized Motor. The one I used was supposed to go in the P-40.
Also not vital.... Paint. That's just a personal choice though.

I swear my life is just not easy. I'm DETERMINED to do this Hobby though! Even though my Hobby budget has been reduced to $5 - $10 per MONTH! 😣

I'm a stubborn old Fart!

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Hinge Tape, because the Rudder and Ailerons are a little too flimsy for comfort (MY mess up!) 😖

A 1500 MAh 3S Battery, because the one I borrowed from my Transmitter is.... iffy.

And not an emergency, but another C Pack sized Motor. The one I used was supposed to go in the P-40.
Also not vital.... Paint. That's just a personal choice though.

I swear my life is just not easy. I'm DETERMINED to do this Hobby though! Even though my Hobby budget has been reduced to $5 - $10 per MONTH! 😣

I'm a stubborn old Fart!

If you have any packing tape, I've used that succesfully for foamy planes before - while I do really like the 3M medical tape for hinges, pretty much anything wide enough should work OK.

PoorManRC

Master member
If you have any packing tape, I've used that succesfully for foamy planes before - while I do really like the 3M medical tape for hinges, pretty much anything wide enough should work OK.

Medical Tape...... Maybe! I'll have to look. It seems pretty strong. 👍👍