My Goblin is done

skymaster

Elite member
so i decided to make my goblin's fuselage a little bit longer to get a better balance without the fpv gear. and when i put the motor on it, I did not realized that the goblin that the FT team had a f pack motor . the one i put on it is a bit bigger and this made it a bit tail heavy , I was going to remove it but decided to make the fuselage a little bit longer to be able to move the battery forward and get a better balance without adding weight to the front and without fpv gear. it was just an idea. and now will see how it fly's .

Attachments

• 2021-07-09 09.37.24.jpg
    2021-07-09 09.37.24.jpg
    786.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 2021-07-09 09.36.55.jpg
    2021-07-09 09.36.55.jpg
    767.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 2021-07-09 09.15.33.jpg
    2021-07-09 09.15.33.jpg
    787.2 KB · Views: 0
so i decided to make my goblin's fuselage a little bit longer to get a better balance without the fpv gear. and when i put the motor on it, I did not realized that the goblin that the FT team had a f pack motor . the one i put on it is a bit bigger and this made it a bit tail heavy , I was going to remove it but decided to make the fuselage a little bit longer to be able to move the battery forward and get a better balance without adding weight to the front and without fpv gear. it was just an idea. and now will see how it fly's .
Awesome!
Bummer those darn kids snuck in & tagged your plane. ;) Kidding! Looks great. (y)

skymaster

Elite member
Awesome!
Bummer those darn kids snuck in & tagged your plane. ;) Kidding! Looks great. (y)
yea i did not want to spend to much time on the paint job, because i know with that motor i am going to kiss the ground big time and if i do i think it's going to come out of the ground somewhere else.

yea i did not want to spend to much time on the paint job, because i know with that motor i am going to kiss the ground big time and if i do i think it's going to come out of the ground somewhere else.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: "come out of the ground somewhere else"!!! Best one I've heard all year! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: ROFL!
Seriously I like your style - I'm as guilty as anyone for investing too much effort into a plane, even with my simple paint jobs.

willsteffen

The Goblin is an outstanding flyer. Great FPV platform too... To increase durability, add a Popsicle stick on the inside of the fuselage where the wing enters. If you land iffy and cartwheel, you may rip the plane in half.. ( look close, you'll see the glue line where I glued it back together)

Attachments

• IMG_7188.JPG
    IMG_7188.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 0

Wes B.

Site Moderator
Staff member
The Goblin is an outstanding flyer. Great FPV platform too... To increase durability, add a Popsicle stick on the inside of the fuselage where the wing enters. If you land iffy and cartwheel, you may rip the plane in half.. ( look close, you'll see the glue line where I glued it back together)
I used to own one of the RMRC Nano goblins. It was such a fun plane! I'd love to see a 200% size similar to the original Strix Goblin's size.

SlingShot

Maneuvering With Purpose
Goblins are great. I'm about settled into my new life and ready to build Goblin number 4.