My Hangar

raptor3dpilot

Hello FT, glad to see you guys have a forum going. Can't wait for it to be packed with countless numbers of information!

I just wanted to share what I have so far in my hangar. I started out with helicopters, but have recently been bit by the foam building bug and have built a couple RCPowers aircraft.

My first plane was the UMT-28 and I still love bashing it around in the sky in my neighborhood. It has definitely been through a lot, but with a few simple wing/fuselage/tail replacements, it's always back in the air soon after.

My second plane is the UMX Beast. I absolutely love this little guy and although I am not a very good pilot yet, it's fun to try to throw this one around in the air and push all the envelopes.

My third plane is a RCPowers F-22v2, I built from DOW 6mm foam and another one in 6mm depron. My DOW aircraft just had elevons and was a blast to fly, I had some mechanical errors with it, so it didn't last long before it was a lawn dart. I built the second one with 6mm depron and went all out with it. Grayson Hobby SMJv2, 50A ESC, ParkFlyer BEC, 2200mAh Skylipo 30c, 6 9g metal gear servos, Ailerons/Spoilerons/Flaperons/Rudders/Elevons all mixed together with my JR 9503.

My fourth plane is the RCP F-117v2 and I actually just finished it this weekend so it is waiting for a maiden flight. It running a GH MJv3, 20A ESC, 2200mAh Skylipo 30c, 2 9g servos and just elevons for control. I'm pretty stoked about this one because it should be just a simple slow flyer that I can just relax with.

I still have my original Raptor 50v2, but it mainly sits there and collects dust because I need to break it all down and find the source for a bad glitch I am having. I definitely think it's a bearing somewhere... just need the time to find it. The repair price is pretty high for these helicopters, so that is a deterrant from flying it.

Here are some pictures of my fleet.
RCPowers F-22 Crash (2).jpg DSCN3310.jpg RCP F-22 Rebuild Complete.jpg Me2.jpg 142-4213_IMG.jpg

Musdang

Not Quite Legendary
Hello FT, glad to see you guys have a forum going. Can't wait for it to be packed with countless numbers of information!

I just wanted to share what I have so far in my hangar. I started out with helicopters, but have recently been bit by the foam building bug and have built a couple RCPowers aircraft.

My first plane was the UMT-28 and I still love bashing it around in the sky in my neighborhood. It has definitely been through a lot, but with a few simple wing/fuselage/tail replacements, it's always back in the air soon after.

My second plane is the UMX Beast. I absolutely love this little guy and although I am not a very good pilot yet, it's fun to try to throw this one around in the air and push all the envelopes.

My third plane is a RCPowers F-22v2, I built from DOW 6mm foam and another one in 6mm depron. My DOW aircraft just had elevons and was a blast to fly, I had some mechanical errors with it, so it didn't last long before it was a lawn dart. I built the second one with 6mm depron and went all out with it. Grayson Hobby SMJv2, 50A ESC, ParkFlyer BEC, 2200mAh Skylipo 30c, 6 9g metal gear servos, Ailerons/Spoilerons/Flaperons/Rudders/Elevons all mixed together with my JR 9503.

My fourth plane is the RCP F-117v2 and I actually just finished it this weekend so it is waiting for a maiden flight. It running a GH MJv3, 20A ESC, 2200mAh Skylipo 30c, 2 9g servos and just elevons for control. I'm pretty stoked about this one because it should be just a simple slow flyer that I can just relax with.

I still have my original Raptor 50v2, but it mainly sits there and collects dust because I need to break it all down and find the source for a bad glitch I am having. I definitely think it's a bearing somewhere... just need the time to find it. The repair price is pretty high for these helicopters, so that is a deterrant from flying it.

Here are some pictures of my fleet.
View attachment 264 View attachment 265 View attachment 266 View attachment 267 View attachment 268
Cool!

Bricks

Master member
One of my first foamies was the RcPowers SU-34 on your FT22 put your split elevators and ailerons on a switch so they work together and it will roll at 1,000 rpms. RCPowers used to be a very busy forum but has really died off from what it once was kind of sad.