my horrid expierence with the swappables

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
One of the things I do, as Josh has suggested, is use the kit as a template and transfer the parts to your own foamboard to make your own kits, leaving the kit as templates for something to fall back on if/when the airframe meets it's doom, or you just need parts. Since you have built the kit already, that is no longer an option but you can download the plans and cut some new mounts...

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
I think the CG is off on some of the plans. I had to fly my FT Flyer with the CG farther back than suggested.

Also, I think Bixler likes to recommend minimal throws. If you're having issues with the ailerons on your Baby Blender, increase the throws beyond what is recommended. Maybe make them ridiculous and use the expo on your Tx so it's flyable.

The best plane in the world will fly horrible if the CG is off and/or if the throws are off. My FT Flyer was completely unflyable when I had too much throw on the rudder. But not enough throw can be just as bad. I had not enough throw on a plane I designed myself and I couldn't get it to do anything.

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
I'm down in Elkton. I've done quite a few swappables. Granted I keep moving on to something else. I've even made a profile F-18 and used a power pod on it. That flew great. I need to put that back together. It flew pretty good. If your not digging the swappables try building one of the earlier models like the F22 or any of the profile designs on rcgroups forum under the scratch building section. If teach comes down I'll meet you both and see what we can figure out

Flynn

Hey Guys, Just wanted to chime in. Sorry you've had trouble with the Baby Blender. I can share with you my setup. I've had about 10-15 flights and the last few have been great. I'm kinda new to Planes and I started with my throws minimal and I have been increasing there limits in my radio (DX6i). Still haven't landed on the wheels, mainly because I land on grass, lol. But lately I tried to land in a gravel parking lot, still not a great landing. I think with my 2200 mah battery I need to carry a little throttle on the landing.

I've been running the Suppo 1400kv from altitude hobbies, 2200 mah 25c 25amp esc and a 9x6 prop. I know the prop is a bit big for the KV but I've been testing out different prop/motor combos. Yesterday, I flew for about 8 mins each pack, doing some rolls and loops. I tried to knife edge which made me laugh.

I have a few pics, one of my battery placement and one of my strut re-enforcement. Since I nose over every landing, I added the bamboo to the wing struts and it's been helpful.

Also, my receiver is in the tail, just to let you know where everything is as far as CG goes. And I try to fly nose heavy, but I've leveled the Baby Blender out, and I feel it flys better. Hope this helps! If I was closer id come down to meet up with you guys.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 25
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 16

drezed

If you are indeed using a 3536 outrunner, the motor is 25-75 grams heavier and ESC close to 20 grams heavier than the recommended setup. I'm building a "Dusty" model(loosely ;)), using a similar motor/ESC combo, and found the plans needed to be scaled up between 125-150%. Having said that, I'm guessing your wing-loading was catastrophically high. A 2826 outrunner would be the biggest I'd run at the stock scale.

xxtristonxx

master flier
Sounds like they might have been assembled wrong, possibly a little to much glue on one side or something. When I made my first three planes I accedently assembled then wrong and they flew like crap to