my horrid expierence with the swappables

rcairplanenoob

I live on Li-pos
my horrid expierence with the swappable baby blender

I am BEYOND frustrated with the swappable baby blender. Literally about to trash it. I bought the three pack and the nutball doesnt fly right at all. Balanced slightly nose heavy at the balance point and flys extremely tail heavy. my baby blender is awful with 100% aileron throws it would not ever turn the plane. That flys still horrid but better with only 1 wing and a random balance point. My old fogey flys awful same thing balances slightly nose heavy and flys EXTREMLY tail heavy. nt. They only planes that actually fly are the ft delta, ft flyer and ft cruiser.
Thanks

Last edited:

rcairplanenoob

I live on Li-pos
yes i would call my self a strong intermediate pilot. I have 13 UM planes and 7 Horizon Hobby 50'ish wingspan models. Im working on enhancing my 3d flying

zev

lumpy member
I had a similar experience with the first FT plane I made, (nutball) it was super tail heavy. I had used Elmer's foam not Adams. I guess that cant be your problem though, as you have bought the kits.

no idea why you have had such a bad experience, but why have you kept buying them when they clearly weren't working for you?

rcairplanenoob

I live on Li-pos
i assembled the baby blender last weekend and bought the spitfire, versa wing and ft3d friday. I had watched all the videos so i assumed all is well. apparently not...

rcairplanenoob

I live on Li-pos
im in hockessin, pretty much as far north as you can go in delaware. but my baby blender is pretty much ruined anyway i wonder if i just had to much weight on it for the airframe. I had my "superpod" on it which is a ntm 38-36? with a 60amp hk esc and a 3s 2200. I appreciate it.

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Sorry to hear you've had issues. I know fresh pilots had issues with the Nutball, but I love mine.

The Spit flies like its on rails once I got it dialed in. Ailerons needed some adjustment on the throws when I first maidened it, but that was my fault.

The Versa lived through me learning how to launch it (it was my first wing) and still flies awesome!

I flew the delta a few times and actually never even crashed it, but since I have a larger depron only (no paper) combat delta, I usually fly that one instead when the delta bug bites.

I will say the 3-pack took a little getting used to with their high alpha stance in slow flight. I also had to dial down the throws on the rudder way below what I thought they would need.
I have the 3D in a box right now waiting for some time to assemble it. I've been doing a laser cut balsa kit lately. So I can't say how well the 3D flies but since it IS a 3D plane, maybe you should try the Spit first. Or try dialing the rudder throws down on the 3-pack. With full throws on the flyer, I can roll it with no problem whatsoever so control is sensitive...Nutball is the same.

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
im in hockessin, pretty much as far north as you can go in delaware. but my baby blender is pretty much ruined anyway i wonder if i just had to much weight on it for the airframe. I had my "superpod" on it which is a ntm 38-36? with a 60amp hk esc and a 3s 2200. I appreciate it.
I'm guessing that is supposed to be 28-36? And 60A seems quite steep for these planes, even a bipe...so weight just might have been one issue.
I too believe in overkill on my electrics but, in my swappables, I don't have anything bigger than a 40A and to be honest, most of them are on a 30A or below.

rcairplanenoob

I live on Li-pos
I'm guessing that is supposed to be 28-36? And 60A seems quite steep for these planes, even a bipe...so weight just might have been one issue.
I too believe in overkill on my electrics but, in my swappables, I don't have anything bigger than a 40A and to be honest, most of them are on a 30A or below.

well see i had a 18 am[ esc with a blue wonder and tried a 4s and yea it caught on fire... so i wanted something was that wouldnt burn up =)

earthsciteach

I live near York Pa, but grew up in the Lewes, DE area. I'd be happy to meet you on a weekend near your area to work on this. I can't this weekend, but, as far as I know, next is open.

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
well see i had a 18 am[ esc with a blue wonder and tried a 4s and yea it caught on fire... so i wanted something was that wouldnt burn up =)
That might have been more from putting it on a 4S, but I see what you mean! Get with Teach and let him give you a hand. These planes do fly and most of them fly really well. I actually think they all fly well, but some just aren't for everybody since they fly very differently. With planes you build yourself, there will always be some variation, so don't be afraid to move the CG around if it's not flying the way you want. Your best friend can be some test glides into some high grass to keep a bad CG from killing the plane before you can get it sorted out.

rcairplanenoob

I live on Li-pos
@flyingmonkey i have succes with the ft delta ft flyer and the ft cruiser and unfortuantely i have no in flight footage.