My HZ Super Cub on floats - meh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishbonez

Wax Works

Well I added some car wax to the plastic portion of my SC floats to see if it would help with grass take off and landings. Well if it works for Bow and Luke Duke on the General Lee Ole Reliable must be able to slide on grass right? Well it worked great the wax made the Cub scoot throught the grass with ease

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
I cannot believe that I skied for years and years and waxing the floats never occurred to me lol. Glad to hear it worked out. Before the brushless conversion I tried lifting off from grass and it was a total failure.

Fishbonez

I cannot believe that I skied for years and years and waxing the floats never occurred to me lol. Glad to hear it worked out. Before the brushless conversion I tried lifting off from grass and it was a total failure.

Agreed I have skied for many years and it never crossed my mind until I was watching Christmas Vacation over the holidays and the sled scene was made me think of it. I was getting frustrated and was 10 seconds from buying another motor for her but thought well this would be a cheap way to see if I need to upgrade. I still want to put an Eflite 480 in her ut I want to wait until some other projects are finished and for that matter the plane is happy and "never pick up a happy baby" :cool:

So Teach put them floats back on when it snowy or no landing strip and enjoy. You have plenty of power in your Cub to enjoy them :cool: I think I would like to think of a way to make the floats a more of a quick disconect so yu would not have to grab your screwdriver when you wanted to switch. HMMM just food for thought

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
I think I would like to think of a way to make the floats a more of a quick disconect so yu would not have to grab your screwdriver when you wanted to switch. HMMM just food for thought

I was thinking the same thing.

If you want to put a 480 on it, I highly recommend getting the Turnigy Easy Match Park480. I have one on mine and it's incredible. Match the specs up line for line and they are identical except for the price. I support Horizon Hobby and all but I can't pay 49.99 when the Turnigy is 19.84. You can literally get motor and ESC for what and Eflite motor costs. Then you get the eflite esc is another 50 bucks.

Fishbonez

I was thinking the same thing.

If you want to put a 480 on it, I highly recommend getting the Turnigy Easy Match Park480. I have one on mine and it's incredible. Match the specs up line for line and they are identical except for the price. I support Horizon Hobby and all but I can't pay 49.99 when the Turnigy is 19.84. You can literally get motor and ESC for what and Eflite motor costs. Then you get the eflite esc is another 50 bucks.

Agreed was wondering if it was the same type of motor

Status
Not open for further replies.