MY J-20 RC Model needs your attention

mian558

Hi,

This is my first handmade j-20 RC model in the attachment(In Process). I made the pieces by joining 2 Depron sheets each of 3mm in thickness using Hot Glue gun. I want to fly it over 80mph:p. I have the following Questions?

1: Hot Glue has more weight and I'm using it alot both on joining 2 sheets added with main joints. So I think it increases its weight more than specified which is 25ounce. If this happens then what will be the Power pack system. As I decided to fit the following system:

• DYS Motor 2836/368watt/1500KV/1130gram Thrust (Please suggest Prop too)
  • Battery 2-3S Lipo 30C of 3200mAH
  • 40A ESC
  • 2 Servos of 12gram.

How much weight I can increase in the mentioned power pack if its OK?

2:Where I need to use the carbon fiber rods to make it strengthen? model size (length 40inches, Wing span 36inch)

3: its about 5mm, so is there a need to make the edges aerodynamic?

4: How to use Fiber Glass Tape to make strengthen. Either on whole model or just on Edges? because its also increase the weight.

5: Also please advice for best RC controller in a range of $100 who could make a link within 2Km.

:confused:Anyone who have experienced in any point please let me know in detail.:cool: Thanks a lot. :confused:
IMG_0242.JPG IMG_0243.JPG IMG_0244.JPG IMG_0245.JPG IMG_0246.JPG myplane1.jpg myplane2.jpg myplane3.jpg

Last edited:

haithanhleminh

Hi,

This is my first handmade j-20 RC model in the attachment(In Process). I made the pieces by joining 2 Depron sheets each of 3mm in thickness using Hot Glue gun. I want to fly it over 80mph:p. I have the following Questions?

1: Hot Glue has more weight and I'm using it alot both on joining 2 sheets added with main joints. So I think it increases its weight more than specified which is 25ounce. If this happens then what will be the Power pack system. As I decided to fit the following system:

Do not use hot glue to join 2 sheets, Use 2 side adhesive tape, space between 3-5cm for each
Or you can use
3M Spray also

• DYS Motor 2836/368watt/1500KV/1130gram Thrust (Please suggest Prop too) -> Props 8-9 inch
  • Battery 2-3S Lipo 30C of 3200mAH -> You want to fly over 80mph, Change to 3-4S 45C 1800mah to 2200mah
  • 40A ESC
  • 2 Servos of 12gram.

2:Where I need to use the carbon fiber rods to make it strengthen? model size (length 40inches, Wing span 36inch)

3: its about 5mm, so is there a need to make the edges aerodynamic? -> Yes, you should

4: How to use Fiber Glass Tape to make strengthen. Either on whole model or just on Edges? because its also increase the weight. -> not at all, at the edge, you can split 1/4 carbon tube Ø5 with hot glue.
5: Also please advice for best RC controller in a range of $100 who could make a link within 2Km. :( too hard

mian558

Do not use hot glue to join 2 sheets, Use 2 side adhesive tape, space between 3-5cm for each
Or you can use
3M Spray also....Now I've done this using Glue gun...is there any problem with it now?

[*]Battery 2-3S Lipo 30C of 3200mAH -> You want to fly over 80mph, Change to 3-4S 45C 1800mah to 2200mah
... you are reducing my MAH; is it increasing weight ?

mian558

I'm beginner and one of my friend said its hard to ply first time using J0-20. it will be crashed.. what should I do?

b-29er

Picture the exact opposite of a j-20 in every aspect and go fly that. You'll learn you hate the hobby if your first plane is a twitchy speed demon like a jet, so make something with the following traits:

-low speed
-high mounted straight wing with dihedral
-rudder and aileron controls
-power system with low rpm/pitch

or just get an FT Cub or build a Blu-Baby (does not need to be blue)
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/sho...u-Baby-Primary-Trainer-**-Plans-Pics-and-Fun!

Get involved with someone who knows what they're doing if you can, when you're comfortable with that trainer, move up to something with a rudder, and then when you're comfortable with a full aileron trainer, move up to something faster and more aggressive, like a j-20.

Liam B

Picture the exact opposite of a j-20 in every aspect and go fly that. You'll learn you hate the hobby if your first plane is a twitchy speed demon like a jet, so make something with the following traits:

-low speed
-high mounted straight wing with dihedral
-rudder and aileron controls
-power system with low rpm/pitch

or just get an FT Cub or build a Blu-Baby (does not need to be blue)
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/sho...u-Baby-Primary-Trainer-**-Plans-Pics-and-Fun!

Get involved with someone who knows what they're doing if you can, when you're comfortable with that trainer, move up to something with a rudder, and then when you're comfortable with a full aileron trainer, move up to something faster and more aggressive, like a j-20.

Agreed. A jet is a whole different beast than an easy trainer UNLESS you have experience.

mian558

Hi,

Or you can use
3M Spray also

• DYS Motor 2836/368watt/1500KV/1130gram Thrust (Please suggest Prop too) -> Props 8-9 inch
  • Battery 2-3S Lipo 30C of 3200mAH -> You want to fly over 80mph, Change to 3-4S 45C 1800mah to 2200mah
  • 40A ESC
  • 2 Servos of 12gram.

3: its about 5mm, so is there a need to make the edges aerodynamic? -> Yes, you should

4: How to use Fiber Glass Tape to make strengthen. Either on whole model or just on Edges? because its also increase the weight. -> not at all, at the edge, you can split 1/4 carbon tube Ø5 with hot glue.
5: Also please advice for best RC controller in a range of $100 who could make a link within 2Km. :( too hard

OCDAY lipo : what about 75C, 3s, 1800mah, will is work?