My last 2 weeks on flitetest... But I'll be back!

Pilot-294

So this upcoming Wednesday, the 1st of February, marks my final 14 days until bootcamp. October the 28th I swore in to the united states Air Force. And began a seemingly long road to my feb. 14th deployment date.

Well, it's here, and I'm ready as I'll ever be. Nervous as heck, my temper on a hair trigger because of my constant worrying about everything to be worked out and planned. Between packing and planning on when I'm getting married in the near future, I'm shot. And that's only half of it haha. But everything that seems to matter now will soon be the play things of a training instructor in Texas.

I'm posting this not because I think I have a huge presence on the forum or something but because I feel like I should basically say something somewhere so if someone might say "where the heck is pilot?" I can say I told you I was gonna go missing. And the fact that I can't just post on the 13th a huge goodbye because God knows I'll have 9001 other people fighting for my attention that short day, this is it! My big sloppy (premature?) goodbye to all you other crazy pilots and fellow flitetesters while I advance my 8 and a half weeks of screaming and unadulterated, life altering fear. Since long before Christmas I have been being drawn into the world of rc flight by a pair of joshes I think everybody loves (no homo). From an unsuccessful attempt at my first trainer and being re enthused by the reviews and antics of our favorite hosts to jumping into my park zone corsair I fly the heck out of. It's been a really fast and cool ride. I would have NEVER have thought I would be this far along in my flight skills as I am, and I know it's because of all my research on this forum. From my first EVER fully successful flight along side earthsciteach and with my only recently maidened (cowl less) corsair just shortly after Xmas, to flying scale aerobatics and early inverted flight I'm so happy and thankfull for all you guys here on the forum!

So this is my thank you to you guys here for all the help and encouragement! And it's also my temporary goodbye to you all while I go to basic. I'll be back sometime after basic, hopefully within a few days of graduation April 13th. And hopefully flying again ASAP!

themajik1

Monkey/Bear Poker
Mentor
First off, I would like to say a big THANK YOU for volunteering to defend this Great Country!

Second, it has been great having you hear you have been a great contributor on this site and glad to hvae spend some time online with you. There is a lot more I can say, but I think Thank you is enough and cannot wait for you to get back on here.

Take care, and GodSpeed!

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
Chin up buddy, you'll be fine! I'll drink a beer to you. Like majik said, thank you for your service, the Air Force is a fine branch, very family friendly.

What are your USAF goals?

Pilot-294

thanks all! your words are all too kind! :) and my goals for the air force? make it a career, get my B.S. in... well... get my B.S. use my tuitions assistance to attain pilots license, travel the world, etc. etc.

and my job as of now is paving and construction.

Fishbonez

Allright Dirt Boy GET OFF MY BUS!!!! WHY YOU SO SLOW MOVE IT MOVE IT MOVE IT!!! OK now you got the just of your first minute upon arrival at training. Welcom to the finest military in the world you will and shall be proud of this fine institution and it heritage. Memorize and live the Airmans Creed and you will be fine. I did not got USAF Training because my first 10 years were in the Army however if I can do it you can do it. Dont give up and put forth 110 percent and you will come out smelling like a rose. After Tech school and ou are full fledged dirt boy let me know where your duty station is and I can do some research for ya. Being LRS, mechanic and former Horseman you will be surprised who I know. If you need anything let me know as well one of my favorite responsibilities in this job is taking care of Airmen so keep me informed I will be following your progress. I dont say goodbye I just say LATERZ or CYAZ so...CYAZ!!!! YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE A BLAST EVEN IF YOU DONT THINK SO AT THE TIME!!!!

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
It's been good visiting with you. Big things are coming your way. Congratulations on the upcoming wedding as well. Looking forward to your return.

Pilot-294

Thanks again for the words nd wishes. I'm getting so nervous now I'm dreaming about it hahaha....

@teflyer no problem. Gotto get around and research that last question of yours

Pilot-294

only 4 more days till I'm gone. my presence in the forum will probably be dwindling down at this point.

corsair got wrecked so i packed it away until i can afford fixing it after tech school. and as of now I'm only really gonna be flying the pole cat. that is until i get a new plane after bootcamp. probably a beast or a new UM spitfire or a carbon cub not sure which yet.

monday i leave to check in at MEPS and stay at the hotel before MEPS in the AM on Thurs. Thurs i get checked over quick and then they plop me down in the middle of texas for 8 and a half weeks.

hoping you all well here on flite test. in case i don't get to say goodbye

earthsciteach

LOL! Good one, colorex!

Dude, you will do great! And I have never met anyone who was in the Air Force that didn't like what they did.

themajik1

Monkey/Bear Poker
Mentor
Pilot, Yes you will be missed here, but hold your head high young man! You are about to become something that is one of the proudest people on earth, serving our US Military!

Cannot wait for you to get out of boot and settle in to doing one of the best jobs in the world.

Take care and Godspeed!!!

Fishbonez

only 4 more days till I'm gone. my presence in the forum will probably be dwindling down at this point.

corsair got wrecked so i packed it away until i can afford fixing it after tech school. and as of now I'm only really gonna be flying the pole cat. that is until i get a new plane after bootcamp. probably a beast or a new UM spitfire or a carbon cub not sure which yet.

monday i leave to check in at MEPS and stay at the hotel before MEPS in the AM on Thurs. Thurs i get checked over quick and then they plop me down in the middle of texas for 8 and a half weeks.

hoping you all well here on flite test. in case i don't get to say goodbye

Quit being so dog gone scared you will go in a boy and come out a man trust me you will be fine Boot Camp is easy. Your going to become CE and you will have a great time. Oh buy they way you will now call me Sir or Master Sgt which ever you choose :D HA HA Just kiddin. Stay in touch bro and remeber you are joing a very proud organization with a very proud heritage keep that in mind and remeber mission first and you will be fine. Trust me if this 6th grade educated guy can survive boot camp Iraq, Afghanistan and numerouse other deployments that is too many to mention. You can as well. Good Luck and God Speed like I said before email me your duty assignment and I will give you as much info as I can for ya. Laterz for now. Going in a civilian coming out an Airman. HOOA!! or HUYA, which evever generation you may be :cool:

Pilot-294

I'll keep in touch and I'll pm you my first assignment soon as I get it.

Here's my last post officially before boot camp. Tomorrow I'll get up, check my pack about 9001 times, I may check to see if anyone said anything before I leave tomorrow but I most likely won't be posting. I'll leave here at 1215 to go to meet my recruiter to go to the meps station and get checked in. Then Tuesday comes, and I hit the dirt in Texas.

I graduate on the 13th of February and I'll update shortly afterwords if i can.

See you all on the other side!