My Master Series T-28 Trojan design

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I got another section skinned! I now need to get the middle skin drawn up on the computer and test fitted. The rear skin much to my joy fits perfectly!
149E89E2-5DA2-4B20-AE21-C2839E46D9C3.jpeg

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Alright, got the fuse skinned. Some of the skins aren’t fitting perfect yet, but after I do the wing and control surfaces, I’ll work more on them. I had to use some black foam as I was running out is the white stuff. The second picture is a size comparison next to my half-done P-38.
8A429DE5-972A-4382-B819-B909D473E516.jpeg
59DD7AA4-8BAC-4E7E-8CE7-83DB8EAE943A.jpeg
65E51AF5-CF64-4739-BDD8-910ECDA36988.jpeg

Last edited:

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
..... I suppose Undercambered Wings could easily be done, for chickens like me!! 😜
Where will the Battery be?
Yeah, that would be super easy to add, just chop the tips of the bottom wing plate off. I would add some reinforcements to the wing tips for when you have less than perfect landings. ;) I’m hoping to have it right under the bubble top canopy. If everything works and goes as planned, then the bubble top will be removable and the battery will go in and out from there.

ScratchBuildMast

Elite member
Yeah, that would be super easy to add, just chop the tips of the bottom wing plate off. I would add some reinforcements to the wing tips for when you have less than perfect landings. ;) I’m hoping to have it right under the bubble top canopy. If everything works and goes as planned, then the bubble top will be removable and the battery will go in and out from there.
Hey, ideas. You could do it like an actual cockpit that opens from the side!

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Well it appears the T-28 is going to be one of the next ft releases, so I think I'll drop this project and just build the FT one when it comes out. I do have a couple other projects up my sleeve though!

chris398mx

Master member
Well it appears the T-28 is going to be one of the next ft releases, so I think I'll drop this project and just build the FT one when it comes out. I do have a couple other projects up my sleeve though!
I think yours was coming along nicely and FT saying it is coming out soon could be many months away, so I say continue on. I am sure it will fly great if you finish it. Plus you will get some satisfaction of building something you designed. Just my 2 cents.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I think yours was coming along nicely and FT saying it is coming out soon could be many months away, so I say continue on. I am sure it will fly great if you finish it. Plus you will get some satisfaction of building something you designed. Just my 2 cents.
Yeah, you’re probably right - I should just finish this bird and at least fly it, even if the plans aren’t perfect...

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Alright, thinking like 10 projects ahead, but I feel like posting on this thread again. :) I thought why not make this a mighty mini sized T-28! That way I'll get to design a T-28 and also it'll be cool to have a mini version of the FT bird just like @Grifflyer has a mini version of the MS Spitfire. I'll be doing several of @Grifflyer 's designs (I have 3 in my near-future plans) so I'll get inspiration from those before I start mine. What do ya'll think of that idea? I must say I'm pretty pleased with it myself. :D

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I'd build a mini T28 if you had plans. Great idea.
Sweet, thanks! I’ll probably start on the CAD work after I finish the plans for the Simple Stick which should be next week. I’ll work on it off and on as I have time between other projects, but I really want to get a foam board T-28 up in the air soon!

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Alright, thinking like 10 projects ahead, but I feel like posting on this thread again. :) I thought why not make this a mighty mini sized T-28! That way I'll get to design a T-28 and also it'll be cool to have a mini version of the FT bird just like @Grifflyer has a mini version of the MS Spitfire. I'll be doing several of @Grifflyer 's designs (I have 3 in my near-future plans) so I'll get inspiration from those before I start mine. What do ya'll think of that idea? I must say I'm pretty pleased with it myself. :D
Cool, good luck!!!
But three? I only know of two :unsure::unsure::unsure: