My motor pulses when connected to my Aura 5

I bought an FT Tenet package that included an "A" power pack. I also bought an Aura 5 and a Lemon Satellite receiver from Flite Test.

I finally figured out how to bind the Aura 5/satellite to my transmitter (you have to hold down the Bind button on the Aura 5 while you then connect the battery - easier to do with 3 hands.)

My servos all respond properly to stick inputs, but the motor does not. On increasing throttle, the motor pulses 4 times and then does not move. If I move the throttle stick all the way back, then apply throttle again, same behavior.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Attachments

• FT Aura 5 connected.jpg
    FT Aura 5 connected.jpg
    570 KB · Views: 0

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
...the motor pulses 4 times ... Any thoughts?
It could be a bad connection between the motor & ESC. One of the three wires is not making good contact. The break could be anywhere along the path. Try unhooking one wire at a time. If there is no change in the behavior, that wire, is the one with the problem. Try gently tugging on each of the connectors, one may have a bad solder joint.

Thanks for the advice, guys! It turns out to be nothing to do with the Aura at all - sorry. It's the ESC that came with my Flite Test Power Pack A. When I tried another ECS, it worked perfectly fine. I switched back to the Power Pack ESC, made sure all connections were tight, and it malfunctioned as before - in addition, I noticed that the motor was hot with the Power Pack ESC.

I'll contact FT and ask for a replacement ESC.

Thanks again,
SteveR

Flightspeed

Convicted Necroposter
Yeah try calibrating your esc. Remote on at full throttle plug in airplane does a whole bunch of heaping then throttle all the way down and a few more beeps. I think it would solve your problem.

Yeah try calibrating your esc. Remote on at full throttle plug in airplane does a whole bunch of heaping then throttle all the way down and a few more beeps. I think it would solve your problem.
Thanks, Flightspeed. I did try that once, but I'll do it again just to be sure.

Does anyone know the beep codes for the 20amp ESC used in the Flite Test Power Pack A?

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
...Does anyone know the beep codes for the 20amp ESC used in the Flite Test Power Pack A?
The beep code for calibration is pretty much standard everywhere.

Remove the prop. Turn the Tx on, move the throttle to high. Plug in the ESC, wait for a beep, move the throttle to low, wait for a beep. Then unplug the ESC.

The beep code for calibration is pretty much standard everywhere.

Remove the prop. Turn the Tx on, move the throttle to high. Plug in the ESC, wait for a beep, move the throttle to low, wait for a beep. Then unplug the ESC.
Thanks for the advice. I did this again, but to no avail. No change in malfunctioning. I would say it's a bad ESC.