My Motors Don't Spin in Sync When I Throttle up

jamesrod13

Hi Guys,
I'm having a problem with my motors where they don't spin up at the same time and don't spin in sync either.

I'm have the RTF JJRC JJPRO P200 Quad and it has EMAX 20A Lighning ESCs and a EMAX Skyline 32 fc.
I flashed the ESCs and FC with the most recent firmware and calibrated the ESCs in Betaflight mutipe times. When I throttle up once I arm it the motors start at different times and then are out of sync.

Motor 1= at 1/12 throttle it goes up to 1260- gets to max at 5/6
Motor 2= at 1/12 throttle it goes up to 1440- gets to max at 2/3
Motor 3= at 1/3 starts at normal rate- only gets to 1870 at full
Motor 4= at 2/3 starts at normal rate- only gets to 1430 at full

Using a:
4 2
3 1

I'm a beginner so any help is appreciated

Thanks

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
At what point do you see this reaction? When you use the sliders in the gui to operate he motors or when you use your radio to throttle up? The not starting at the same time is usually a throttle calibration not working. The odd numbers on throttle up (providing proper calibration) could be normal behavior if it is just sitting on a table in any assisted leveling mode.

I would go back and do the calibration until they start at the same time. It is kind of tricky at first to get the timing right for the sequence to complete. Maybe get us a video of you doing the calibration so we can see your procedure and point out potential reasons for it not working. Also a video of the motors starting using beta flight motors tab as well as doing it again using the radio.

jamesrod13

It is in acro mode and I calibrated and it didn't work
2 of the motors are actually spinning in the wrong directions, How do I fix that

Thanks

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
It is in acro mode and I calibrated and it didn't work
2 of the motors are actually spinning in the wrong directions, How do I fix that

Thanks

If you're able to run BLHeli Suite or the chrome BLHeli Configurator you can reverse them in there. Alternatively, you can desolder any 2 of the 3 motor leads from the ESC and swap their positions.

jamesrod13

Once I connect it, put motor sliders to full, then plug in to battery. Wait for the beeping to stop and then put back to zero. then wait for beeping to stop. thats it

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
What is your min_throttle set at? It should be about 10 higher than the point when they all start spinning smoothly. This should ensure that they all start together when armed. After that I would throw some props on and see what happens (while standing back a little bit ;))

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Ok I had an issue like this when I switched over to big esc's on my Versa copter. I found I was waiting too long to pull the throttle back down because I was doing it with the radio and the esc's were going into programming mode. I had accidentally put a few into a wired timing or braking mode. THAT was fun to sort out.

Try calibrating one more time. Instead of waiting for the tones to stop then pull the slider down. Try pulling it down just after the tunes start to play so they can not go into programming mode.