My MUTTS

bracesport

Legendary member
@Hai-Lee - glad to see you did the linked videos like we were talking about! I just made a dropbox link to my 'nube-tube' maiden - could you tell me if the link works for you and the video is viewable?

nubetube video maiden

nube.png

bracesport

Legendary member
@Hai-Lee - hehe - yes the old girl is 72Mhz! - I also have an i6s that I am gearing up for my son to learn on (in the meantime I can play with it)!

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
@Hai-Lee - hehe - yes the old girl is 72Mhz! - I also have an i6s that I am gearing up for my son to learn on (in the meantime I can play with it)!
I have a 72MHz unit with 4 receivers, (one original crystal type) that I am saving for that long range road trip if the laws and opportunity ever arises!

I currently use my Turnigy branded version of the FlySky iA6 2A and since starting to use the FlySky I have experienced far less LOS issues than the majority of the Spectrum users at the local club! Mind you I do get rather anal with respect to antenna placement!

Have fun!

kilroy07

Legendary member
How do you rate the NubeTube? I've watched most of his videos and there are two designs I think I'm going to try.

I'm pretty sure I have a transmitter buried out in the garage with a big old whip antenna too, have to see what crystal is in it, maybe we can fly together, maybe not! ;)

messyhead

I like the look of this build. The high lift wing interests me, as I have heavier FB available. Do you think the wing you've designed would work on a standard TT, but without the flaps, and just 3 channel to start with? Maybe just increasing the motor would also be required.

Also, what size should the wing plans be printed at?

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
I like the look of this build. The high lift wing interests me, as I have heavier FB available. Do you think the wing you've designed would work on a standard TT, but without the flaps, and just 3 channel to start with? Maybe just increasing the motor would also be required.

Also, what size should the wing plans be printed at?
The MUTTS was basically a TT built with a larger area wing and from a heavier FB. Here the heavier FB is common and the original TT wing did not perform that well when the TT was built in the heavier board. The wing also has a number of other changes/differences. The TE protrudes low than the original and so has an increased angle of incidence. The mounting cutout for the fuselage is wider and so allows the rubber bands to be fitted and to not foul the ailerons. The wing spars are quite rigid and give the wing a thicker profile.

The wing does not need the scalloped TE and the flaps can be omitted/so used. The ailerons can be full span though they work quite well as marked being tip ailerons only.

Whilst the wing was built flat it is designed so that it can be built without ailerons and have dihedral added with the use of a dihedral brace which can be easily added when the wings are joined.

The required scale when printed should be 100% and there is a scale or measurement reference bar on the plan for your reference.

Fully built in the heavier FB the MUTTS came in at around 700 grams and as the video shows it had no flying difficulties even without the use of flaps.

If you do decide to build the wing for your TT I am around and will answer any questions and even help possibly even making the wing a little lighter as there are a few features which could be altered to save a few grams.

Have fun!

messyhead

@Hai-Lee thanks for the info. That's really useful. I think you get the same FB that we get in the UK. I watched a video from someone in your neck of the woods that built a wing with depron, but they mentioned about the heavier FB too.

I'm encouraged with your results using the heavier board, so thanks for posting the plans.

I just started cutting out the TT plans that I had printed from work. I thought they seemed big, then I measured the reference bar. 1inch on the plan = 1.5 inches, so I somehow managed to scale it 150%. Oops.

I'll probably just go to a print shop and get them printed full size.

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
@Hai-Lee thanks for the info. That's really useful. I think you get the same FB that we get in the UK. I watched a video from someone in your neck of the woods that built a wing with depron, but they mentioned about the heavier FB too.

I'm encouraged with your results using the heavier board, so thanks for posting the plans.

I just started cutting out the TT plans that I had printed from work. I thought they seemed big, then I measured the reference bar. 1inch on the plan = 1.5 inches, so I somehow managed to scale it 150%. Oops.

I'll probably just go to a print shop and get them printed full size.
The wing has a shade greater span than the original TT wing only, but the cord is a fair bit longer. You may be able ot use the scaling function in acrobat as well as the tiling feature to get the plans close enough for a reasonably accurate build. Anything within a couple of percent would be good!

have fun!