My Naze32 Question Thread

Rich43

I have been flying KK2.0 boards for a while and I recently bought a Naze32 revision 5 Full. Looks a bit like this:
naze32-rev5-layout.png

I am running the latest cleanflight stable.

I have a couple of questions and I may post more here later. I try and figure out as much as I can on my own.

1) When I have throttle at zero and its armed, the motors don't spin (as I have calibrated it) but if I nudge the board, the motors try and correct it even though the throttle is off. Why is this?

2) I am using a 5v BEC as my esc's are all OPTO. I know I can power the board by plugging power into the motor ports but can I plug power into my receiver and send power back to the board like that? (See Number 2 on the diagram above, I want to plug my power in there)

3) Once I have plugged in GPS, How do I set Waypoints? I don't see the option in the Cleanflight configurator?

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
1) When I have throttle at zero and its armed, the motors don't spin (as I have calibrated it) but if I nudge the board, the motors try and correct it even though the throttle is off. Why is this?

As long as the copter is armed, the PID loop makes corrections. Different flight modes behave differently, but they will all do this to some extent.

2) I am using a 5v BEC as my esc's are all OPTO. I know I can power the board by plugging power into the motor ports but can I plug power into my receiver and send power back to the board like that? (See Number 2 on the diagram above, I want to plug my power in there)

Should be fine, the +5V and - are common on both the Rx and Naze board.

3) Once I have plugged in GPS, How do I set Waypoints? I don't see the option in the Cleanflight configurator?

No idea on that one, sorry.

I'm not really sure if Cleanflight still has PID corrections when armed but not throttled up. I would guess not. It could be that you just have motor stop disabled and your min_command (the minimum throttle value that is sent to your ESCs) is too low and that's why the motors aren't spinning.

The power to the pins where the 2 is are correct.

Cleanflight has no waypoints. All GPS assisted flight modes are pretty useless in CF. You could try INav for that. It's a cleanflight fork with waypoints, return to home and so on.

Rich43

Cheers I will try INav, I may also need a more powerful flight controller. I am not sure the CPU on it will be able to cope.

Edit: I needed to engage MOTOR_STOP to stop it from turning when idle.

Last edited: