My new favorite building tape

Brett_N

Attachments

• 20181208_135231.jpg
    20181208_135231.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0

Keno

This is interesting, I'll look into this. At present I use Dollar Tree paper medical tape for my hinging and leading edge reinforcement. I do really like blendderm tape but the price is quite bit more than Dollar Tree medical tape. On the down side when you paint paper medical tape you have sand off the fuzz. I have also have use it for wing coupling but your Easy Joint tape is interesting. The holes in the joint tape? I will have to think about that. If you do use paper medical tape you should use a sealing iron to go over it to increase its adherence properties. Anyway for what's worth we all have our own ideas as to what is best. Happy flying.

Bricks

Master member
It is more of a plastic feel to it and is very open so drywall will go thru it it is pretty thick. Fibers are block kind of like this #

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
It is more of a plastic feel to it and is very open so drywall will go thru it it is pretty thick. Fibers are block kind of like this #
That's good to know, I've tried the fiberglass kind with poor results. It will fatigue and break.
How will it take paint?

Bricks

Master member
To reinforce my hinge lines I will take braided fishing line cut slits with a razor blade push the braid into the slot then thin CA. Still do the hot glue hinge after installing the braid, on the foam board planes keep the slit shallow.