My New Goblin!

volcomsnows2k

I love to HUCK!
I said I was not going to purchase a Goblin... and I was wrong! Completed this Goblin a few days ago! Sure flies nice! I am excited to get more aggressive flights! ;)

Pete

IMG_0148_zps4f5be2ca.jpg

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
That's awesome. We don't have many heli guys on here. I've been thinking about getting a 700 size heli this summer. Could you tell me how the build went and any things you specifically liked or didn't like?

volcomsnows2k

I love to HUCK!
That's awesome. We don't have many heli guys on here. I've been thinking about getting a 700 size heli this summer. Could you tell me how the build went and any things you specifically liked or didn't like?

I am a heli nut! Every time I am out flying helis, I almost always learn something new about 3D. It's like a personal way of progression where you always push yourself. I will most definitely be adding to the heli threads. As for the build, it was pretty straight forward. Everything is such high quality with the Goblin kits. Very well thought out. I also have several Align helis. With the way Flybarless took over the heli industry, not only has it made flying helicopters so much smoother, but we are able to push the helicopters harder. Builds are easier because the heads are so beefy now and with out a flybar, you have a much lower head parts count. No more mixing arms, SF arms etc. Straight forward from servo to swash and swash to blade grips. I love my Align 700, 600, 550 and 450's. Still love Align . Goblin is just on a different level and I wanted to give the 500 a try. So far, I like everything about it. I do need to put more flights on her to dial her in! Video coming!

Pete

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
What brand heli would you recommend for my first 700 size heli? I've been doing a lot of research and can't really find any comparisons between them. I know a lot of people love Align, SAB seems to be taking the world by storm, JR seems to be very high quality, Gaui seems popular etc. I currently have a Blade 400 and a Century Hawk Pro. I thought about modding my Hawk Pro but I think I'd rather put the money towards a higher performance heli.

So long story short, do you have a favorite brand for large heli's and why?

Thanks.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I have a lot of respect for the heli guys. Me and helicopters have agreed to disagree. I'm not sure if it's because I kept killing them, or they were committing suicide out of embarrassment of my flying skills.

glydr

How many letters do we ge
Nice gobby there, and nice presentation to the camera.

(insert jealously emoticon here)

volcomsnows2k

I love to HUCK!
What brand heli would you recommend for my first 700 size heli? I've been doing a lot of research and can't really find any comparisons between them. I know a lot of people love Align, SAB seems to be taking the world by storm, JR seems to be very high quality, Gaui seems popular etc. I currently have a Blade 400 and a Century Hawk Pro. I thought about modding my Hawk Pro but I think I'd rather put the money towards a higher performance heli.

So long story short, do you have a favorite brand for large heli's and why?

Thanks.

Well this question can go either direction. With RC Helicopters, it's a bit like Ford and Chevy at a drag strip lol. There will always be Align strictly fans and then there are the others. I have a few different company helicopters with the Goblin being my most recent. I also have a Synergy and a few others. First, the statement does hold true in helis an airplanes. The larger they are the easier they seem to fly and the more stable. If you are looking at the best bang for the buck in performance and cost, you should check out the Logo600. Your jump from a Blade400 to a 700 is a big step. However, if you feel you are ready, then by all means go for it. My personal preference is cost of parts and parts availability. For that reason alone, I love the Align 700. Vendors are all over the web selling parts. In addition, the Trex700 just flies Amazing! There is no doubt about that. The Logo's are real nice as well. The Goblin700, well, it's above what I would like to pay. Engineering is awesome but so expensive! I would say get the new Align Trex 550, 600 or 700HV DFC. Heck, if you really want to have some fun, pick up a Blade130x! I love mine!

Regards,
Pete

volcomsnows2k

I love to HUCK!
I have a lot of respect for the heli guys. Me and helicopters have agreed to disagree. I'm not sure if it's because I kept killing them, or they were committing suicide out of embarrassment of my flying skills.

I can understand that. Helis are not the easiest. Sure are challenging!

robschonk

So far, I just can't get real excited about the concept of 3D helis. I've got a MCX2 and a CX2 which are great for buzzing around the house and chasing the cat....

I ordered a HK mini quad a month ago just to get my feet wet in the quad world, but between Chinese New Year, and the Singapore Post Office, it just left China a couple of days ago.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/..._Includes_KK2_0_LCD_Flight_Control_Board.html

I'm hoping FT will do a build series on a tri or quad to help us along. (Hint, hint).

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
I do mild 3D with my Blade 400 and I am still getting the hang of doing basic aerobatics with my Hawk Pro 550 nitro. I don't have much trouble handling the 550, it flies beautifully it's just underpowered. It's been a toss up between modding the 550 and just getting a better performer. I have been looking at the Century N640 because of the price and the reviews I've read. Their parts availability turns me off though. I can't argue that Align parts are the most readily available. I really like the big heli's, but I'm thinking a 600 would be quite a bit cheaper to repair than a 700. The Goblins are just awesome but like you said they are proud of them. I take a look at the logos. I hadn't thought of them yet.

Thanks.