My new Rip Slinger ready for maiden flight

Blackbeltrrf

image.jpg image.jpg Just a few pictures of my newly completed RipSlinger. The nice green metallic not showing up well I might take a few more in the sunlight. Still need to put on spinner and take her out for a maiden flight

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    591.4 KB · Views: 37
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    977.2 KB · Views: 24
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    698.1 KB · Views: 22
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    578.9 KB · Views: 18
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    880 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Welcome to the forum!

You should do a tutorial on your painting techniques. I think people here would like to see how you did it. I know I would! Looks very clean and sexy!

NewZee

Looks great! I just maidened my Spitfire today! I used 5/8 trottle and an underhand toss and it took to the air beautifly! I hope you have a sucessful maiden flight! let us know how you make out!

GOOD LUCK!

Blackbeltrrf

Thought I would add some Teeth to make RipSlinger look Happier. Maiden flight video to come when the weather cooperates.
photo.JPG

NewZee

Does anyone have any input on the size and where to order a Spinner for my RipSlinger with "The Beef setup on it?

The FT team talked about a 2" or 2.25 " spinner for the spitfire I think it would be the same for the slinger? Your LHS should have them if not hobby king does.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
To go with what NewZee says, if you hit the Local Hobby Shop, bring your prop and shaft adaptor with you (or your whole power pod). It'll make sizing it easier.

If you have a one nearby it won't cost more than a few dollars and would be a good chance to feel out if this shop is worth comming back to.

Blackbeltrrf

The weather broke and I was able to Maiden my Rip Slinger today. This is a great Plane! I took it up 3 times and hope to get the video uploaded with this post. I did crash on my 3rd flight but it was not bad. Repair method is in video as well. I love this Plane! I don't know if it was the 15 MPH winds today but it seem "The Beef" could use some more power. Any suggestions or experiences on this? Enjoy the video.

Flynn

Awesome job with the maiden! Great vid. I've had that area go on me on my Baby Blender from doing too many faceplants. That's a good idea

JasonL

Great video! What kind of editing software did you use to remove the camera shake? That's really cool. I'm hopefully going to maiden my first scratch build this weekend, the Versa.

Blackbeltrrf

Great video! What kind of editing software did you use to remove the camera shake? That's really cool. I'm hopefully going to maiden my first scratch build this weekend, the Versa.

When I uploaded it to YouTube it asked if I wanted to get rid of the slake and I said yes

Blackbeltrrf

image.jpg finally got my spinner on Ripslinger. Video to come on last outing, crash and as you can see a complete successful repair