My New Tricopter.

BradB111

I've just upgraded from the anycopter tri which was an amazing place to start my tricopter journey, really well designed and flies great. So anyway i decided an upgrade was due and chose the best of the best (in my opinion).
I would just like to say thanks to FliteTest for an amazing frame (anycopter) and for getting me into the multicopter side of the hobby.

Pics to follow:

Turnigy Talon Tri v1.0:
Has anyone got this frame and would be willing to share their kk2 settings would love to see how you guys have set yours up.

IMG_0303_zps84812145.jpg
IMG_0304_zps07d34118.jpg
IMG_0305_zpsa285d412.jpg

RoyBro

Mentor
Wow, don't let Chad hear you say that you upgraded FROM the Anycopter. You're supposed to be upgrading TO the Anycopter. ;)

That is a very nice looking Tri, though. Congradulations.

BradB111

Wow, don't let Chad hear you say that you upgraded FROM the Anycopter. You're supposed to be upgrading TO the Anycopter. ;)

That is a very nice looking Tri, though. Congradulations.

Haha thanks. Don't get me wrong i love the anycopter frame it was what got me into tri copters the design is great. The main reason for getting this fame was because it was fold-able. look for my previous thread I managed to make the anycopter tri foldable but I just love building stuff and this was an excuse to get building. A DJI Naza quad is on my list next I think, I love the idea of just flipping a switch to put it in GPS Hold and being able to make myself a drink and pick up my controller and continue flying. Cant wait

EDIT: unless DJI make their Naza compatible with tris not just y6's

Last edited:

RoyBro

Mentor
EDIT: unless DJI make their Naza compatible with tris not just y6's

Have you thought about the apm2.5 controller? I believe it has loiter and return to launch features as well. I think that's what Josh Bixler uses on his Tricopter.

kah00na

I built an anycopter, but after one crash, the circle wooden plates cracked way too easily. I'm not going that route again. :)

SDODD

Hi,

I am trying to install a NAZA V2 GPS combo in a tri-copter with servo controlling rear prop for "rudder". I do not see specific instructions for that setup. Can someone please boost my understanding o how to set this up?

C0d3M0nk3y

Posted a thousand or more times
Hi,

I am trying to install a NAZA V2 GPS combo in a tri-copter with servo controlling rear prop for "rudder". I do not see specific instructions for that setup. Can someone please boost my understanding o how to set this up?

I thought that the Naza did not have a built in tricopter model configuration.