MY PDB POPPED THEN STARTED SMOKING PLEASE HELP

lucas2006

so today i received my lipo for my mini quad my first build btw and so my xt60 connector wasnt soldered on but it was on the slot and i plugged in the battery and the pdb popped and had a little smoke no visual things look harmed but i dont wuts wrong with it (
sorry english is my second language)

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
Smoke is usually the end of electronics...

I suspect your PDB is done and it's time for a new one. There are lots of good PDBs out there. They are not hard to replace.

After blowing up a few ESCs and motors myself, I learned to build and use a smoke stopper between my lipo and my toys after every solder job.

lucas2006

thannks bro so much i just bought a new one im a major noob im only 13 so im all alone on this stuff my parents dont a thing about this stuff

FDS

Elite member
Never plug a lipo into anything that’s not fully soldered up, you could short it and have your pack CATCH FIRE. Loose wires and lipo batteries never mix. Finish the job before connecting power.
Always use a smoke stopper like the one above on any first test or any time you make changes to your quad.
Also a low ESR capacitor will be worth adding to the main power connectors on the PDB, there’s plenty of videos on how to do that.

Never plug a lipo into anything that’s not fully soldered up, you could short it and have your pack CATCH FIRE. Loose wires and lipo batteries never mix. Finish the job before connecting power.
Always use a smoke stopper like the one above on any first test or any time you make changes to your quad.
Also a low ESR capacitor will be worth adding to the main power connectors on the PDB, there’s plenty of videos on how to do that.
Also Joshua Bardwell made a video about low ESR capacitors that is really helpful. In the description of the video he linked a file for a list of low ESR caps and it is set up so beautifully!

Reactions: FDS