My plane has an electric starter. <Graphic pic>

Jbing

I had no idea the transition from glow to electric would have some painful lessons. I was setting up the radio on my FT 3D in my home, when I guess I forgot the throttle is like right now! The plane was sitting on the bed in the spare bedroom (my workshop) I was beside it and setting the end point adjustments on my radio when I absentmindedly gave it full throttle for a second. In what seemed like a fraction of a second the Suppo 2217-9 motor spun the APC 9x4.5 prop to max rpm. The resultant torque cause the plane to turn 90 degrees to the left and launch the 2 feet necessary to reach my left forearm. The sudden stop caused the foam around the firewall on the power pod to rip, but not as severely as my arm. The pictures are courtesy of my wife and her iPhone. Needless to say any time a battery goes near one of my planes in the house, the prop comes off first. I'm still amazed how quickly this happened. Lesson learned 12 stitches later. :black_eyed: my planes 008.jpg my planes 009.jpg Arm.JPG Its been two weeks and it doesn't look that bad.

razor02097

Rogue Drone Pilot
Ouch...a painful reminder that this stuff can be dangerous! I actually learned to stay away from props about 13 years ago with a .60 sized OS motor...it almost cut my fingertip in half! Lost the fingernail, 4 stitches, and lesson learned!