• 20160317_210303 (1024x576).jpg
    20160317_210303 (1024x576).jpg
    378.1 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
WHOA! Awesome! Did you win the contest?

Second video: If you can fly the chipmunk with the copter strapped to it, you have a perfect VTOL

Last edited:

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
awesome combination. Especially the second video, the idea of the VTOL is really nice.

btw. what board are you using?
it is kinda shivering just before takeoff.

eyeinthesky

awesome combination. Especially the second video, the idea of the VTOL is really nice.

btw. what board are you using?
it is kinda shivering just before takeoff.
Its a hoverfly board its shaking on takeoff because the gains are set low because of all the weight

Shadow74

Multi-rotor madman
Thanks Eye!

I am looking to put together a "heavy lifter" for doing some aerial filming. Pretty impressive to see a quad doing that kinda weight.

~Eric

JoeyG

You might be on to something with the VTOL concept, make a quad-copter attachable under carriage for the plane, attach, take it up, apply plane thrust, fly around, bring it in, apply quad thrust take into hoover, bring it down. epic.

J.

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
you might want to consider the size of the quadcopter.

If you are going to make a heavy lifter for such a weight a small Quad might not be the best way to go because you´ll need a nice low kv outrunner and also some very BIG propellers. If the motors are too close together you won´t be able to mount props with the sizes needed.

Have you got any limitations in terms of price?

Illiop

Big Daddies
Great Job! This is one of the projects I have on my list to work on next year. I hope I can get one going.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
I'd really like to see something VTOL on flitetest. Time for David and Chad to put their heads together!