My Racer

ikem

I printed out the plans and made a few modifications. I know my posterboard gluing is bad.. but Im planning on covering that.

Paint is only primer, it is getting to cold (5F) to paint outside.

DSC_1620.JPG

DSC_1621.JPG

I didnt add the servos yet, but cut and formed this hatch so I could fish my wire in the wings.

DSC_1622.JPG

DSC_1625.JPG

DSC_1626.JPG

DSC_1627.JPG

My modified power pod. Cut short so it didnt get in the way of the hatch. Added some foam to match the contour of the plane better.

DSC_1628.JPG

DSC_1629.JPG

The skewer makes it snug.

DSC_1630.JPG

DSC_1631.JPG

When it warms up, I should get painting.

ikem

got the base coat on.

I have to say.. dont get cheap paint from walmart.... I tried to use that (had a half can) and it sucked on this board. When building and customizing other things, I use Duplicolor spray cans. It works great on the board too! I will get some pics up later.

But what have been wondering, is my power system. I have a 10x4.5 prop, 920kv, 40A Skywalker ESC, and 3s 2200. I dont intend to go to fast on this right away, but do you think that will be a good start? Or should I switch to 4s?

RoyBro

Mentor
Wow. Maybe it's the color, but the paint makes it look heavy. How much weight did the base coat add to the the plane?

ikem

Ok here are the pics. Servos should be in this week, and depending on the weather, i should have my maiden.

It has a "fake" metal flake. Looks better in person.

DSC_1641.JPG

DSC_1642.JPG

DSC_1643.JPG

DSC_1645.JPG

DSC_1644.JPG

ikem

Tried to fly it today... no wind, but after launch it took a very hard right roll, right into the ground. Broke some things.

Repaired and second try, after some changes, it did the same thing, but dented the leading edge, broke the rudder, and tore up the power pod.

Idk what is up with it... my transmitter is very cheap and imo sucks. The rudder stick is always right of center....