My RC Hobby Zone - HobbyKing $50 Gift Certificate Challenge

myrchobbyzone

My RC Hobby Zone
My RC Hobby Zone HobbyKing $50 Gift Certificate Challenge - Complete The Challenge and Your Automatically Entered To Win

My RC Hobby Zone is going to draw 2 random names from all the members (current and new members) who complete this challenge and send them a $50 gift certificate from HobbyKing.

We Want To Reward You For Supporting Our Community...

What's The Challenge? Refer 5 new members to My RC Hobby Zone who do the following.

1. Register as a new member using facebook connect or the registration form.
2. Enter your username in the "Referred By Member" field when they register. (So you get the credit).
3. Complete their entire profile including a profile image.
4. Post at least 1 new topic in the forum.

Each new member who completes all the requirements will earn you a credit. When you have reached 5 credits your automatically entered into the draw.

The draw will take place on January 31, 2012. Winners will receive gift certificate within 24hrs of the draw.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
It sounds like it's set up to reward people who create one real account, and four fake ones.

myrchobbyzone

My RC Hobby Zone
It's a real challenge

Hey Everyone,

We created this challenge as a way to reward our members (new and current) for helping to grow the community. There is no scam involved and the challenge is very simple. The challenge is simple, sign up for an account, refer 5 members who enter your username as the referring member, create 1 topic in the forum and you are automatically entered to win the gift certificate.

If anyone has a great suggestion on how to grow our community, we'd love to hear it. We thought this challenge would be a great way to get RC Hobbyist involved and reward 2 lucky members for getting things moving.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
@myrchobbyzone, IMHO it's not the best idea to promote your own forum on someone else's. Not that we don't want you here, just that it's not that polite IMO.

And, the challenge, as flyingmonkey says, might make people create fake accounts just to win the challenge. You don't want users with one post who never come back!

myrchobbyzone

My RC Hobby Zone
We appreciate the feedback

Thank you everyone for your feedback. I would agree that it's not polite to post a link to your forum on another forum, however, My RC Hobby Zone is not a forum. It has a forum component for members who wish to use it. The basis of the site is to promote a community environment for people to connect with other RC Hobbyist, share information, photo's videos etc.

Flite Test has endorsed us as one of the best RC Communities and we work together to promote and get people involved in RC Hobbies.

We have a very secure system in place that verifies email accounts along with some other system tools to ensure "fake" accounts are not being created. As the Director of Web Services, I have over 15yrs experience in building systems such as this in the corporate world. I am also an RC hobbyist and why I created and promote the community.

If anyone has a better suggestion, I would love to hear it. We are really just trying to get people connected to promote the hobbies we love.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Thank you everyone for your feedback. I would agree that it's not polite to post a link to your forum on another forum, however, My RC Hobby Zone is not a forum. It has a forum component for members who wish to use it. The basis of the site is to promote a community environment for people to connect with other RC Hobbyist, share information, photo's videos etc.

Sorry, My wrong. If I understand correctly you help people contact other local flyers to organize flyins, events, etc? Then you are welcome to announce that here. Sorry again if I acted in ignorance.

I might suggest that you reduce the amount of referrals neccesary to three maybe... So more people can participate.

myrchobbyzone

My RC Hobby Zone
My RC Hobby Zone Gift Certificate Challenge Update...

Based on your feedback we have modified the challenge to enable more people an opportunity to meet the challenge. My RC Hobby Zone is a community of RC Hobbyist from around the world sharing knowledge, information, events, photos and videos. THIS IS NOT ANOTHER FORUM, My RC Hobby Zone is a community to promote sharing of knowledge, experience, information and connect RC Hobbyist around the world.

My RC Hobby Zone HobbyKing $50 Gift Certificate Challenge - Complete The Challenge and Your Automatically Entered To Win

My RC Hobby Zone is going to draw 2 random names from all the members (current and new members) who complete this challenge and send them a $50 gift certificate from HobbyKing.

We Want To Reward You For Supporting Our Community...

What's The Challenge? Refer 3 new members to My RC Hobby Zone who do the following.

1. Register as a new member using facebook connect or the registration form.
2. Enter your username in the "Referred By Member" field when they register. (So you get the credit).
3. Complete their entire profile including a profile image.
4. Post at least 1 new topic in the forum.

Each new member who completes all the requirements will earn you a credit. When you have reached 3 credits your automatically entered into the draw.

The draw will take place on January 31, 2012. Winners will receive gift certificate within 24hrs of the draw.