My SEFF 2013 experience

MrGravey

Myself and a few friends made our way out to SEFF last weekend. If you have not been you simply must catch next year. This event was the most fun I have ever had with a model air plane. The people were all very nice, no matter how popular they were inside our community. I learned a ton, picked up a ton of equipment ay amazing prices, and saw things I have never seen before.

On Saturday we sat down to watch Joe Smith and the rest of the 3D Hobby Shop team play with their equipment. Before long we were asking questions and they were very very open to answering all the very noobish questions were asking. Joe flies like a mad man for sure. We watched and talked for a few hours and Joe's father came and asked it we would like to see some helicopter stuff. Of coarse we would love to watch that. Who goes to SEFF, spends hours amazed by the skills of a 19 year old young man, and turns down what basically became a private demo of his skills with a helicopter? His mother told us he has only been flying helicopters for 3 months, and I can't begin to tell you how he learned what he is doing in that amount of time. My uncle recorded some of his heli demo. Check this out!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPwdOvBbV0A" target="_blank">

Over all, I can't say enough about this event. You have to come see this next year.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Did you end up meeting any of the "Hounds"? They're a group of locals that are usually set up just to the left of the hobby shop. They can be a bit spirited, but they're a great group of guys.

I hate that I missed it this year. It is an awesome event.

Have you seen the episodes that the Flite Test guys did when they visited SEFF last year?

Maybe we'll have to try to plan a Flite Test fan gathering at the next SEFF. I do not plan to miss that one.

MrGravey

If I met anyone in that group I never heard that name. I met a ton of extremely nice and creative people there. I can't imagine knowing that event was going on and not being there if at all possible man.

I did see the videos from SEFF the guys did. I was really hoping they were going to be there this year, and then they annouced they would more than likely be at Nall 2013. I had to pick the event I wanted to go to most and picked SEFF. So I have to miss them this time around. Next year I will know better and I'll make sure to get the time for both :D .

A Flitetest gathering there would be very cool. We can all fly our swappables around, from what I have seen there no one at SEFF seemed to know about them and I believe most of that group would find them very interesting. There was a lot of scratch built stuff but nothing like the FT3D!

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
The Hounds isn't an individual, it's a group. There's several of them.

There's a swapable or two that would be excellent for the combat rounds. Especially if you survived without ruining the pod, you could just stick a new body on.