My son’s self-designed airplane (the Cow)

Foamforce

@Piotrsko and @MrClean, we added wing tip plates, per your suggestions, and that improved control! It rolls in turns better now so that bank and yank works well. My son designed and cut them and I helped him glue them on. They looked kind of big to me, but the proof was in the flight.

In this video, I did the re-maiden to trim it out for my son.

In this video it’s my son flying. I have the trainer box connected, but he’s flying. He tends to get the nose too high, but he’s improving.

Two other changes we made were to iron the trailing edge of the wings, the stabilizers, and the wing tip plates, to reduce drag. We also went with a slightly larger battery to improve flight time.

The only mishap is that the prop flew off twice during flight. We use a prop saver and I haven’t had this happen before. I’m not sure what to make of that. Overall though, it was a wild success for my son. 🙂

Foamforce

PS, I think the biggest issue remaining is that the yaw seems to wander during flight. I think the vertical stabilizer isn’t very effective. Probably under-sized and too close to the wing as someone suggested. That’s probably the next thing we’ll tackle.